Decided, at the very last minute to have my sisters (and brother-in-laws) over for Halloween – it was my niece’s first Halloween and we had to do something to celebrate – even though she was just 2 weeks old on the 31st October and won’t remember a thing!
I couldn’t not make corn bread of some description, it is expected of me these days when Halloween rolls around! So I tweaked my go-to recipe and created Corn Dog Muffins!
Corn Dog Muffins
No step-by-step, in progress photos I’m afraid…just the recipe! Enjoy!
- 190g plain flour
- 115g cornmeal
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 55g caster sugar
- 240ml milk
- 55g butter, melted
- 1 eggs
- 140g tinned sweetcorn
- 75g cheddar cheese, grated
- 12 cocktail size frankfurter hotdogs, or 3 large ones cut into pieces
- Set the oven to 200C(180C fan/400F/Gas6)
- Line muffin tins with 12 paper cases
- Put the dry ingredients - flour, cornmeal, salt, sugar and baking powder into a large mixing bowl
- Whisk the milk, eggs and melted butter together in a jug and add to the dry ingredients
- Stir everything together until combined, but don't over mix
- Fold in the sweetcorn and cheese
- Divide the mixture between the 12 muffin cases
- Press a hotdog into the centre of each muffin
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes until cooked through and golden.
- Best served warm