Pumpkin Spice Latte Jello Shots are the must-have treat you didn’t know you needed this fall season!
Imagine sipping on your favorite PSL from your local Starbucks…Now imagine that with a boozy twist…
This fun cocktail treat captures the essence of those hot lattes we crave as the leaves change, transforming them into a party-ready jello shot.
Picture yourself enjoying these shots at your next Halloween party or just to get in the fall mood.
They’re so easy to make that you’ll wonder why you didn’t whip them up sooner!
Don’t have time for this recipe now? Tap the share icon in the bottom right of the screen, then tap the heart icon ♥ to save it for later!
We have included affiliate links to valuable products and services related to the topic of this post.
This post contains affiliate links, and we will be compensated if you purchase after clicking on those links.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
While you may prefer to skip to the recipe card, we suggest reading the entire blog post to avoid missing valuable tips and substitution suggestions and to ensure you have the necessary ingredients, equipment, and understanding of the steps and timings.
Pumpkin Spice Latte Jello Shots
Pumpkin Spice Latte Jello Shots are not your run-of-the-mill jello shot—they’re a celebration of everything you love about the fall season.
As the pumpkin puree melds with the Baileys Pumpkin Spice and real coffee, you get a delightful fusion that elevates this simple recipe into a new favorite!
Whipped cream, chocolate coffee beans, and a dusting of cinnamon add an extra layer of magic to these pumpkin pie jello shots.
For alternative ways to make these pumpkin pie shots, try using vanilla vodka or cream vodka instead of Baileys or swap out the chilled coffee for cold brew coffee or caramel coffee for added complexity.
For some food to pair with your pumpkin spice shots, you simply have to have some pumpkin treats!
The post is part of the Crafty October series on The Purple Pumpkin Blog, filled with free printables, crafts, recipes, and more for Halloween! Check out Crafty October from 2023, 2022, 2021, 2020, 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, and 2012 for tons of awesome Halloween ideas and inspiration!
Party Time, Excellent!
With their pumpkin flavor, these are the best jello shots to serve at Halloween parties, fall gatherings, and game days.
Trust me, your party guests will be lining up for a taste test of this perfect jello shot!
Why stop there? Imagine offering these at a fall gathering around a fire pit—these fun treats are the perfect way to bring warmth as the evening cools.
And if you’re looking to spice up your holiday season, look no further!
These shots are also great for Thanksgiving and Christmas—serve them with Gingerbread Loaf with Cream Cheese Frosting and Gingersnap Crumbles.
Check out our 100 Jello Shot Recipes with fun flavors for all occasions!
Ingredients & Equipment Used In This Recipe
Ingredients Needed For Pumpkin Spice Latte Jello shots
- Gelatin/Gelatine – available as a powder or in sheets. We used powder in these jello shots.
- Sweetened Condensed Milk
- Pure Vanilla Extract – Always buy good vanilla, which makes a flavor difference.
- Canned Pumpkin Pie Filling
- Baileys Pumpkin Spice
- Black Coffee
- Whipped Cream
- Chocolate Coffee Beans – optional garnish
The complete list of ingredients with measurements is on the recipe card at the end of this post.
No time to read now? Tap the buttons below to save the recipe to your Pinterest boards or Facebook page for later!
Equipment Needed For This Recipe
- You will need something to boil water. In the UK, it is always a kettle! But I know they’re not so common in the US, so a medium saucepan is ideal.
- The spout of a Glass Measuring Cup/Jug makes pouring the jello into jello shot cups easier. But use a medium mixing bowl if you prefer.
- Use a Whisk to mix the jello and hot water together. A spatula or wooden spoon works, too.
- Jello Shot Cups (2 oz) – This recipe makes 24 (1-oz) shots or 12 (2-oz) shots. These plastic cups are sometimes called condiment cups and have a lid.
- A Baking Sheet/Cookie Sheet or a tray to place the jello shot cups on for easy transport to and from the fridge. For added stabilization, place the plastic shot glasses into the cavities of a muffin tin or cupcake tin.
The Purple Pumpkin Blog uses both cups and weighted measurements in its recipes, making American cups and kitchen food scales valuable tools for trying all the recipes. We provide US customary, imperial, and metric measurements. Still, it’s important to note that while you can combine cup measurements with weighted measures, never mix US customary/imperial (pounds, ounces, pints, etc.) with metric (kilograms, grams, liters, etc.).
Dinner Party Menu Suggestions
You’ve made the cocktail/dessert hybrid, but what about the rest of the courses?
Here are additional recipes to create a menu for a dinner party or special meal:
- Appetizer: Turkey Stuffed Mushrooms
- Soup: Easy Vegetable Soup
- Salad: Fig and Roasted Fennel Salad with Lemon Tahini Dressing
- Main Dish: Recipe for Roasted Italian Sausages with Tomatoes and White Beans
- Side Dish: Parmesan Truffle Potato Wedges
- Beverage: Pumpkin Spice Latte
- Dessert: Pumpkin Chess Pie
How Do I Make Pumpkin Spice Latte Jello Shots?
The printable recipe card with the ingredients list and instructions can be found at the end of this post.
Number of Servings: 12
Prep Time: 25 minutes | Cook Time: n/a | Chilling Time: 4 hours | Total Time: 4 hours 25 minutes
Step 1 – Dissolve Gelatin: Place cold water into a large glass measuring cup/jug with a lip, sprinkle gelatin packets over top, and whisk to combine.
Set aside for 7 minutes, then add boiling water to the mixture. Whisk until dissolved.
NOTE: Boil water in an electric kettle or medium size saucepan over medium high heat.
Step 2 – Make Jello Mixture: Add the sweetened condensed milk, vanilla extract, pumpkin pie filling, cold coffee, and pumpkin liquor to the gelatin mixture.
Whisk to combine and set aside for 15 minutes.
Step 3 – Pour Jello into Cups: Place 12 (2-oz) plastic shot cups onto a tray and divide the pumpkin spice latte mixture between the cups.
Step 4 – Refrigerate & Serve: Place the jello shots into the refrigerator to set for 4 hours. When set, top with whipped cream and a chocolate coffee bean if using. Cheers!
Fun Serving Tip! Cut green straws into thirds and insert them into the jello cups.
To make it a mocktail jello shot, replace the alcohol with Pumpkin Spice Creamer, which you can typically find in the refrigerated section of your grocery store.
However, if you can’t find this, you can make it yourself with our easy recipe:
Homemade Pumpkin Spice Coffee Creamer
Okay, so you can’t buy this ingredient where you live, but you can buy the ingredients to make it? Problem solved!
- 1 cup Cream (heavy, double, or half and half – your personal preference)
- 2 Tbsp Canned Pumpkin Purée – NOT pumpkin pie filling
- 2 Tbsp Pure Maple Syrup – buy the good, 100% stuff, anything less is just made up of flavorings and corn syrup.
- ½ tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
- ¼ tsp Pure Vanilla Extract – always buy good vanilla, as it really does make a flavor difference.
Place all the ingredients into a saucepan over medium heat and gently bring to a boil while stirring to combine. Remove from heat and leave to cool before using in cocktails. Store in an airtight bottle or container in the fridge for up to 2 days. Shake well before use.
Large Batch Instructions
- To make a larger batch of PSL jell-o shots, simply double, triple, or multiply the simple ingredients as required.
- This recipe makes approximately 24 (1-oz) shots or 12 (2-oz) shots.
Storing Leftovers & Freezing
- Storing Leftovers:
- Store leftover jello shots, covered with plastic wrap or cup lids, in the fridge for up to a week.
- Freezing Instructions:
- Do not freeze jello shots, as freezing will affect the texture.
- With all leftovers, ensure the food looks and smells okay before consuming.
- You can always consult the Food Standards Agency in your country for the most up-to-date advice on storing and freezing foods: Food Standards Agency (UK) | Food Safety (USA).
Printable Pumpkin Spice Latte Jello Shots Recipe Card
The printable recipe card is below. Any demonstration photos on the recipe card are not printed out to save ink.
We appreciate it when you review the recipe and leave a star rating to share your experience with others!
- 1 cup cold water
- 4 packages of unflavored gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 cans of sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp canned pumpkin pie filling
- ½ cup Baileys Pumpkin Spice
- ½ cup chilled coffee
- Whipped cream
- Chocolate coffee beans
- Place cold water and gelatin into a large glass measuring cup/jug with a lip and whisk to combine. Set aside for 7 minutes, then add boiling water to the mixture. Whisk until dissolved.
- Add the sweetened condensed milk, vanilla extract, pumpkin pie filling, cold coffee, and pumpkin liquor to the gelatin mixture. Whisk to combine and set aside for 15 minutes.
- Place 12 (2-oz) plastic shot cups onto a tray and divide the jello mixture between the cups.
- Place the jello shots into the refrigerator to set for 4 hours. When set, top with whipped cream and a chocolate coffee bean if using. Cheers!
There you have it—your guide to making the best Pumpkin Spice Latte Jello shots—easy, fun, and full of seasonal flair.
With ingredients available from grocery stores, get your shopping list ready because you won’t want to miss making these!
The post is part of the Crafty October series on The Purple Pumpkin Blog and is filled with free printables, crafts, recipes, and more for Halloween! You can check out Crafty October from 2023, 2022, 2021, 2020, 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, and 2012 for awesome Halloween ideas and inspiration!