Welcome to my 7th Disney Trip Report – Four Resorts, Two Festivals 2019! So named because on this trip we stayed at four different Disney Resorts, and because of the time of year that we went, we were able to attend two of the annual Festivals at Epcot!
While you are waiting for me to complete this one, you can read my previous ones here: Disney Trip Reports!
I have included links to some great products and services that I think you would love.
If you purchase via the links I may earn a small commission.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Four Resorts, Two Festivals 2019
This is the Index for all of the days of this trip report – And I’m going to preface it with the following, just in case:
It may also take me a while to get this trip report written, but I ALWAYS finish what I start when it comes to my Disney Trip Reports.
Why not save this page so that you know where to find it to catch up with the latest report, or better still, join The Pumpkin Patch to get the reports directly to your inbox!
In years gone by I have also written a pre-trip planning report, which goes through all the planning stages of the trip. I didn’t write one for this 2019 trip.
I don’t do too much planning these days because we tend to go with the flow a lot more than in our first few visits to Walt Disney World.
That said, we had a few things planned out (because you really need some sort of plan when visiting the Happiest Place on Earth!) and I’ll go through them below.
The Cast Members
This was our second “adults only” trip (our first was WDW-40: 2016), meaning it would be just my husband and me, leaving our (young adult) son at home. Walt Disney World is not just for kids!
If you’re new here you won’t know who we are, so allow me to introduce us:
Me – Michelle, 42 on this trip – you’re never too old for Disney! When it comes to our holidays, anywhere in the world, I am the planner/organizer, trip report writer, photographer, and driver.
I’m a plus-size woman and have been to Walt Disney World at various sizes through the years from (UK) size 24 – 34. I write about [some] of the rides, and experiences as a plus-size guest, and often receive emails from readers that are concerned about fitting in rides, plane seats, and other questions.
I am always open and honest – my size is not something I can hide, and I’ve learned to embrace it somewhat in being able to help others.
You can always email me with your personal concerns, and I will do my best to help you out.
Him – Steve, 46 on this trip and has fallen in love with visiting Walt Disney World as much as me! He’s the packhorse and carries ALL the things, videographer, chief keeper of documents, and money manager when on hols. He keeps track of every dollar and cent that we spend. He also loves to eat! I’m not sure where he puts it, but he knows his way around a Disney buffet!
My Camera Gear
I am often asked what camera I use and how I edit my photographs. So here is that info if you are interested, along with affiliate links to Amazon.
- The camera I use for my Disney photography is a Canon EOS 70D.
- The two main lenses I use are Sigma 18-300mm F3.5-6.3 DC Macro and Sigma 30mm F1.4 DC Art. Both of these lenses will also fit Nikon and Sony DSLRs.
- I also take some photos on my iPhone7 for sharing on social media – follow my Disney Instagram account – LoveDisneyPhotos.
- Pool photos are taken with a Panasonic Lumix DMC-FT5. A similar model is the Panasonic Lumix DMC-FT30EB-A.
- Videos are taken with a Panasonic HC-V720, although the newer model is the Panasonic HC-V770.
- Any photo editing is done with Photoshop or with Instagram editing features and filters.
Four Disney Resorts
As per the title of this Disney trip report, we stayed at four different Disney Resorts. As DVC Members we can book our home resort at 11 months out and other resorts at 7 months out.
I booked this trip fairly late, and so I wasn’t actually able to get a solid two weeks at one resort, and the points for our home resort was a lot higher than what we would normally use.
So a split-stay it was!
We stayed at:
- Boulder Ridge Villas at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge – for 5 nights
- Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa – for 2 nights
- Disney’s Beach Club Villas – for 2 nights
- Disney’s BoardWalk Villas – for 4 nights
We also stayed at the Hyatt Regency Orlando, International Drive on the night we flew into Orlando.
And also, as per the title of this trip report, we attended two of Epcot’s festivals:
- Epcot International Festival of the Arts – we caught the last day!
- Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival – we caught the first day!
Trip Report Index
My trip reports contain a lot of photos! Pages may take a little longer to load depending on your internet connection speed.
I always start at Day 0. This is because it’s the day before we fly, and not really part of the holiday (although, it kinda is!).
This report ends on Day 15 – the links below will become active as I write each day. Please allow me 6 – 12 months to get this finished – if I can get it written sooner, then, of course, I will!
- Day 0 – The Premier » Check-in: Premier Inn Gatwick North
- Day 1 – Orlando Here We Come! » Travel Day: LGW – MCO; Check-in: Orlando Hyatt Regency International Drive; Dinner from Fiorenzo
- Day 2 – In The Wilderness! » Check-in: Boulder Ridge Villas at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge; Lunch from Roaring Fork; Dinner from Geyser Point Bar & Grill
- Day 3 – Festival of the Arts! » Epcot International Festival of the Arts; Dinner from Roaring Fork
- Day 4 – Hooray for Hollywood! » Hollywood Studios; Lunch from Woody’s Lunch Box
- Day 5 – Going Cheap! » Orlando Premium Outlets; Animal Kingdom; Dinner from Bahama Breeze
- Day 6 – Story Time! » Pool Day; Story Book Dining at Artist Point with Snow White
- Day 7 – She’s Back! » Magic Kingdom; Lunch at Pecos Bill Tall Tale Inn & Cafe; Check-in: Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa; Dinner from The Artist’s Palette
- Day 8 – Play Time! » Hollywood Studios & Toy Story Land; Dinner from The Artist’s Palette
- Day 9 – Happy Birthday Mickey Mouse! » Magic Kingdom; Lunch at Be Our Guest; Check-in: Disney’s Beach Club Villas; Dinner from Beach Club Marketplace
- Day 10 – Lazy Days! » Pool Day; Epcot World Showcase; Dinner from Beach Club Marketplace
- Day 11 – Last Resort! » Shopping at Super Target; Lunch at Sassagoula Floatworks and Food Factory; Check-in: Disney’s BoardWalk Villas; Epcot World Showcase; Dinner from The To-Go Cart
- Day 12 – Flower Power! » Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival; Snack from Ample Hills Creamery; IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth
- Day 13 – Un Poco Loco! » Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival; Hollywood Studios; Dinner from Dockside Diner
- Day 14 – Spring Time! » Shopping at Disney Springs; Dinner at Trattoria al Forno
- Day 15 – Home Time! » Magic Kingdom; Lunch from Casey’s Corner; Travel Day: MCO – LGW