Delight the Disney fans at your Halloween gathering by creating these yummy chocolate-covered Mickey Mouse Brownies complete with frosting spiderweb and spider! All you need are brownies, melted chocolate, and frosting. They’re the perfect Halloween Disney snack!
I’ve got 50+ freakishly good Halloween Recipes for you to try out – right-click and open these other recipes in a new tab so that you can read them after this one!
I have included affiliate links to useful products and services related to the topic of this post.
If you purchase via the links I may earn a commission.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Read Full Disclosure Policy
Mickey Mouse Brownies
The full ingredients list and instructions are found in the printable recipe card at the end of this post. I highly recommend reading the blog post all the way through so that you don’t miss any tips or substitution suggestions and ensure that you have all the ingredients and equipment required and understand the steps and timings involved.
If there’s one thing you know we love here at The Purple Pumpkin Blog, it’s Halloween! If there’s another thing you know we love, it’s Disney!
To celebrate I simply have to share these not-so-scary spiderweb Mickey Mouse Brownies!
A huge corner is cut with this recipe by using a tray of ready-made brownies. However, if you don’t have access to stores that sells this sort of thing (Costco, Sams’s Club, etc.,) then you can always use brownie mix to make your own.
The brownies are cut out using a Mickey-shaped cookie cutter, covered in melted chocolate, and decorated with frosting.
This is the kind of recipe that you can do with the kiddos, I’m sure they’d have fun piping on the spiders and their webs!
The post is part of the Crafty October series on The Purple Pumpkin Blog is filled with free printables, crafts, recipes, and more for Halloween! You can check out Crafty October from 2020, 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, and 2012 for tons of awesome Halloween ideas and inspiration!
Ingredients & Equipment Used In This Recipe
While most ingredients can be bought in grocery stores, for your convenience, any specialized or notable ingredients (and equipment) needed for this recipe have been listed below and linked to Amazon or other stores if available online.
It does not include staple ingredients such as oil, salt, sugar, etc., as you’re likely to have those in your kitchen. The complete list of ingredients with measurements is found in the recipe card.
- Box of Brownie Mix – and the ingredients to make them. Or you can buy a tray of Pillsbury Chocolate Chunk Fudge Brownies ready-made brownies (Sam’s Club) to cut to size. Costco is another place to seek a large ready-made tray of them.
- Ghirardelli Chocolate Wafers – in the UK I highly recommend Callebaut Chocolate Callets.
- Tube Black Cake Frosting – Wilton’s tubes fit their standard piping tips, or you can squeeze into a piping bag.
- Tube White Cake Frosting – as above.
- Piping Bags – you can use disposable or reuseable, your choice.
- Round No. 3 Piping Tips – you will need 2 if possible.
- Cookie Sheet with Wire Rack
- Mickey Mouse Head Cookie Cutter – approximately 4″/10cm
Recipes on The Purple Pumpkin Blog use both cup measurements and/or weighted measurements. American cups and kitchen food scales are handy pieces of equipment to have in your kitchen as it means you’ll be able to make all of the different recipes on my blog. I try to give American, imperial, and metric measurements in my recipes. Please note, you can mix cup measurements with weighted measurements, but never mix imperial (pounds, ounces, pints, etc.,) with metric (kilograms, grams, litres, etc.,).
More Brownie Recipes for Halloween
If you enjoy brownie desserts, check these ones out for Halloween:
- Triple Layer Pumpkin Brownies Recipe
- Bat Brownies! A Super Easy Dessert Recipe for Halloween!
- These Werewolf Brownies Are A Super Simple Halloween Treat!
More Disney Recipes
Looking for more Disney-inspired snacks? Check these recipes out next:
- Mickey Mouse Pumpkin Rice Krispies Treats – A Disney Halloween Treat!
- Mickey Mouse Pretzel Rods – A Fun Disney Snack!
- Aladdin Oreo Cookie Pops
How Do I Make Mickey Mouse Brownies?
Check out the printable recipe card below with full ingredients and instructions. Any demonstration photos do not print out to save your ink.
- 4.05 lb/1.8kg package ready-made Chocolate Brownie
- 30-oz/860g bag of Ghirardelli Milk Chocolate Melting Wafers (or other brand)
- 1 (4.25oz/120g) Wilton white cake frosting tube
- 1 (4.25oz/120g) Wilton black cake frosting tube
- Using a 4"/10cm wide Mickey Mouse head-shaped cookie cutter, cut out 20 Mickey Mouse brownies from the sheet of brownies.
- Place the brownies onto a wire rack over a cookie sheet.
- Place the chocolate wafers in a large microwave-safe bowl and microwave for 45-second increments, mixing after each time, until the chocolate has completely melted.
- Carefully pour the chocolate over the Mickey brownies to completely cover them.
- Gently tap the wire rack onto the cookie sheet to allow the extra chocolate to drip off the brownies.
- Allow the chocolate to harden before removing the brownies from the wire rack.
- If using Wilton tubes of frosting, attach a round no.3 piping tip to the tube of white frosting, or alternatively, squeeze the frosting into a piping bag fitted with the same size tip.
- Pipe a spider web in the bottom corner of each brownie.
Pipe three lines up from the bottom right or left, then curved lines between each straight line. Use the image below as a guide.
- Repeat step 7 with the tube of black frosting.
- Use the black frosting to pipe a medium-size circle for the spider's body, then a smaller circle for the spider's head.
- Pipe spider legs on the sides of the body.
- Allow the frosting to harden before serving. Enjoy and Happy Halloween!
Equipment needed for this recipe:
- 2 Medium Disposable Piping Bags
- 2 Round No. 3 Piping Tips
- Cookie Sheet with Wire Rack
- 4-inch/10cm Mickey Mouse Head Shaped Cookie Cutter
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 20 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 263Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 4mgSodium: 22mgCarbohydrates: 30gFiber: 3gSugar: 24gProtein: 2g
This site uses Nutritionix to provide estimated nutrition. Nutritional information is always approximate and will depend on the quality of ingredients used and serving sizes. If you need exact calories and macros, please do your own calculations.
Make It A Halloween Dinner!
You’ve made the dessert, but what about the rest of the courses?
Here are additional recipes to make a full meal for a Halloween dinner party!
- Appetizer: Air Fryer Mummy Meatballs with Marinara Sauce – Halloween Appetizer!
- Soup: Roasted Fennel & Tomato Soup with Coconut Milk
- Salad: Roasted Broccoli and Bacon Salad with Raisins & Yogurt Dressing
- Main Dish: Sheet Pan Pork Chops with Roasted Grapes and Fennel
- Side Dish: Comforting & Creamy Instant Pot Mashed Red Potatoes
- Beverage: Hocus Pocus Cocktail
There are 500+ Recipes on The Purple Pumpkin Blog for you to enjoy – please feel free to check them out too.