Who knew werewolves could be sweet and delicious? Well, with these Werewolf Brownies they sure are! Make them using brownies (obviously!), chocolate frosting, chocolate sprinkles, and candy eyeballs. They’re the ideal Halloween party snack or trick or treat gift!
I’ve got 50+ freakishly good Halloween Recipes for you to try out – right-click and open these other recipes in a new tab so that you can read them after this one!
I have included affiliate links to useful products and services related to the topic of this post.
If you purchase via the links I may earn a commission.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Read Full Disclosure Policy
The full ingredients list and instructions are found in the printable recipe card at the end of this post. I highly recommend reading the blog post all the way through so that you don’t miss any tips or substitution suggestions and ensure that you have all the ingredients and equipment required and understand the steps and timings involved.
Werewolf Brownies are a super simple Halloween treat that you can whip up in no time at all!
They’re perfect for Halloween parties, taking into the office for the spooky season, or handing out to the kids that are Trick or Treating at your door.
The best part is, no one has to know how easy they are to make! And the kiddos can get involved with making them too – let them place the candy eyeballs or sprinkle over the chocolate jimmies.
These Halloween brownies are yummy and your pack is sure to wolf them up! (Puns totally intended!).
The post is part of the Crafty October series on The Purple Pumpkin Blog is filled with free printables, crafts, recipes, and more for Halloween! You can check out Crafty October from 2020, 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, and 2012 for tons of awesome Halloween ideas and inspiration!
Ingredients & Equipment Used In This Recipe
While most ingredients can be bought in grocery stores, for your convenience, any specialized or notable ingredients (and equipment) needed for this recipe have been listed below and linked to Amazon or other stores if available online.
It does not include staple ingredients such as oil, salt, sugar, etc., as you’re likely to have those in your kitchen. The complete list of ingredients with measurements is found in the recipe card.
- Box of Brownie Mix – plus the ingredients to make them.
- Candy Eyeballs Sprinkles
- Cocoa Powder
- Pure Vanilla Extract – always buy good vanilla as it really does make a flavor difference.
- Powdered Sugar – also known as Icing Sugar or Confectioners Sugar.
- Chocolate Jimmies Sprinkles
Recipes on The Purple Pumpkin Blog use both cup measurements and/or weighted measurements. American cups and kitchen food scales are handy pieces of equipment to have in your kitchen as it means you’ll be able to make all of the different recipes on my blog. I try to give American, imperial, and metric measurements in my recipes. Please note, you can mix cup measurements with weighted measurements, but never mix imperial (pounds, ounces, pints, etc.,) with metric (kilograms, grams, litres, etc.,).
More Recipes Using Brownie Mix
One of the hero ingredients in this dish is brownie mix, so here are some more recipes using the same:
- Peanut Butter Pumpkin Brownies Recipe
- Hocus Pocus Cupcakes With a Book of Spells Brownie on Top!
- Triple Layer Pumpkin Brownies Recipe
More Halloween Treat Recipes
Looking for more Halloween treats to make? Check these recipes out next:
- Chocolate-Dipped Oreo Cookie Red Spider Cupcakes for Halloween
- Halloween Rice Krispies Treats – Monster Crunch Bars!
- Halloween Spider Web Cookies
How Do I Make Werewolf Brownies?
Check out the printable recipe card below with full ingredients and instructions. Any demonstration photos do not print out to save your ink.
- 1 box of brownie mix plus the ingredients to make them
- ½ cup butter, softened
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups powdered sugar (icing sugar)
- 1 Tbsp milk or heavy cream (double cream)
- Candy eyeballs
- Chocolate jimmies sprinkles
- Prepare brownies as instructed. Bake and cool, but do not cut yet.
- To make the chocolate frosting, cream together the butter and vanilla extract.
- Then add cocoa powder until combined.
- Gradually add in powdered sugar.
- Add milk or heavy cream as needed to get spreading consistency.
- Cut the brownies into 16 equal pieces.
- Spread chocolate frosting on the top of each brownie covering it completely.
- Place two candy eyeballs in the top middle of each brownie.
- Sprinkle chocolate Jimmies all over the top to give the appearance of fur.
- Enjoy and Happy Halloween!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 130Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 18mgSodium: 52mgCarbohydrates: 17gFiber: 0gSugar: 14gProtein: 0g
This site uses Nutritionix to provide estimated nutrition. Nutritional information is always approximate and will depend on the quality of ingredients used and serving sizes. If you need exact calories and macros, please do your own calculations.
Make It A Halloween Dinner!
You’ve made the dessert, but what about the rest of the courses?
Here are additional recipes to make a full meal for a Halloween dinner party!
- Appetizer: Halloween Quesadillas
- Soup: Cuban Black Bean Soup
- Salad: Spicy Couscous Salad
- Main Dish: Sheet Pan Roasted Rosemary Lemon Chicken Recipe
- Side Dish: Simple Oven Roasted Asparagus
- Beverage: Bloody Vampire Cocktail
There are 500+ Recipes on The Purple Pumpkin Blog for you to enjoy – please feel free to check them out too.