Bacon in a salad? Yes, please! This Roasted Broccoli and Bacon Salad is one not to miss! Fresh broccoli is roasted and tossed with bacon, raisins, and sunflower seeds and drizzled with a delicious yogurt dressing to bring everything together. The salad is ready in 30 minutes and works great as a side or main dish.
I have included affiliate links to useful products and services related to the topic of this post.
If you purchase via the links I may earn a commission.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Read Full Disclosure Policy
Roasted Broccoli and Bacon Salad
The full ingredients list and instructions are found in the printable recipe card at the end of this post. I highly recommend reading the blog post all the way through so that you don’t miss any tips or substitution suggestions; to ensure that you have all the ingredients and equipment required, and to understand the steps and timings involved.
BBQ season is upon us, and if there is one thing I love to make the most when throwing a barbecue for family and friends, it’s bowls of different salads.
Salads are, more often than not, quick and easy to make, and can be filled with so many delicious ingredients!
One of the great things about this roasted broccoli and bacon salad is that you can customize it to your tastes. (You could even use raw broccoli if you are really pressed for time!)
This recipe uses golden raisins (or sultanas as we call them in the UK), but dried cranberries (craisins) would work just as well, as would regular raisins.
Sunflower seeds go into this salad, but if you’re not a fan, why not use pumpkin seeds? You could even use nuts – pine nuts, chopped pecans, and chopped walnuts would taste delicious.
So if you need to make a salad for your own gathering, or to take with you as a potluck dish, give this broccoli bacon salad a try!
Ingredients & Equipment Used In This Recipe
While most ingredients can be bought in grocery stores, for your convenience, any specialized or notable ingredients (and equipment) needed for this recipe have been listed below and linked to Amazon or other stores if available online.
It doesn’t include staple ingredients such as oil, salt, and pepper, as you’re likely to have those in your kitchen already. The complete list of ingredients with measurements is found in the recipe card.
- Protein – Bacon.
- Fresh Produce – Broccoli, Flat-Leaf Parsley.
- Dairy – Greek Yogurt.
- Garlic Powder
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- Dried Dill
- Golden Raisins – also known as Sultanas.
- Sunflower Seeds
Recipes on The Purple Pumpkin Blog use both cup measurements and/or weighted measurements. American cups and kitchen food scales are handy pieces of equipment to have in your kitchen as it means you’ll be able to make all of the different recipes on my blog. I try to give American, imperial, and metric measurements in my recipes. You can mix cup measurements with weighted measurements, but never mix imperial (pounds, ounces, pints, etc.,) with metric (kilograms, grams, litres, etc.,).
More Recipes Using Broccoli
One of the hero ingredients in this dish is broccoli, so here are some more recipes using the same:
- Potato, Sausage, and Broccoli Breakfast Casserole
- Super Easy Crisp & Crunchy Broccoli Slaw Recipe
- Smokey Broccoli Salad
More Salad Recipes
Looking for more salads to make? Check these recipes out next:
- Roasted Fennel and Grapefruit Salad with Citrus Vinaigrette
- Raspberry Chicken Salad with Mixed Greens and Goat Cheese
- Orange Pomegranate Salad with Goat Cheese, Avocado & Pecans
How Do I Make Roasted Broccoli and Bacon Salad?
Check out the printable recipe card below with full ingredients and instructions. Any demonstration photos do not print out to save your ink.
- 6 cups fresh broccoli florets, rinsed and drained
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt (full fat)
- 1 Tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- ½ tsp dried dill
- 4 strips bacon, cooked crispy and crumbled
- ¼ cup golden raisins (sultanas)
- ¼ cup sunflower seeds, toasted
- ¼ cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped + extra for garnish
- Preheat oven to 190C/375F/Gas 5. Line a large, rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or nonstick baking mat and set aside.
- Combine the broccoli florets with olive oil in a large bowl, and sprinkle with garlic powder, salt, and black pepper. Gently toss to combine and spread onto the prepared baking sheet in a single layer without overcrowding.
- Place baking sheet in the preheated oven and roast for 15-20 minutes until the broccoli is tender and slightly charred around the edges.
- Meanwhile, combine the Greek yogurt, mayonnaise, apple cider vinegar, and dried dill in a small bowl. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and whisk to combine. Set aside.
- Remove broccoli from oven and set aside to cool slightly.
- Toss the roasted broccoli, crumbled bacon, raisins, sunflower seeds, and fresh parsley in a large salad bowl.
- Transfer to a serving platter. Drizzle with the yogurt dressing to serve. Enjoy!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 326Total Fat: 19gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 14mgSodium: 881mgCarbohydrates: 31gFiber: 9gSugar: 13gProtein: 15g
This site uses Nutritionix to provide estimated nutrition. Nutritional information is always approximate and will depend on the quality of ingredients used and serving sizes. If you need exact calories and macros, please do your own calculations.
Make It A Full Meal!
This salad would work well as a main or side dish, but what about the rest of the courses?
Here are additional recipes to make a full meal for a dinner party or special occasion:
- Appetizer: Bacon-Wrapped Water Chestnuts Party Appetizer with Spicy Mustard Dip
- Main Dish: Chicken Kebabs
- Beverage: Refreshing Watermelon Vodka Slush Cocktail with Lime
- Dessert: No-Churn Vanilla Ice Cream
There are 500+ Recipes on The Purple Pumpkin Blog for you to enjoy – please feel free to check them out too!