Halloween is just around the corner, and these Bat Brownies are a must for your party table! A yummy Halloween dessert that is super simple and quick to create using brownies, Oreos, and candy eyeballs! They are simply bat-tastic!
I’ve got 50+ freakishly good Halloween Recipes for you to try out – right-click and open these other recipes in a new tab so that you can read them after this one!
I have included affiliate links to useful products and services related to the topic of this post.
If you purchase via the links I may earn a commission.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Read Full Disclosure Policy
The full ingredients list and instructions are found in the printable recipe card at the end of this post. I highly recommend reading the blog post all the way through so that you don’t miss any tips or substitution suggestions and ensure that you have all the ingredients and equipment required and understand the steps and timings involved.
We’re in the mood for some spooky, delicious Halloween treats! This recipe for Bat Brownies is so simple that you can even get the kiddos involved in making them!
All you are going to need is a tray of brownies (whether you make them from scratch, from a box mix, or ready-made, it’s your call!) plus some Oreo chocolate sandwich cookies, and some candy eyeballs to decorate with.
The bat’s wings are made from halved Oreos, and the eyes are “glued” in place with a frosting made with the Oreo créme and a little heavy cream.
Serve up a tray of these bat brownies for Halloween – everyone will go batty for them!
The post is part of the Crafty October series on The Purple Pumpkin Blog is filled with free printables, crafts, recipes, and more for Halloween! You can check out Crafty October from 2020, 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, and 2012 for tons of awesome Halloween ideas and inspiration!
Ingredients & Equipment Used In This Recipe
While most ingredients can be bought in grocery stores, for your convenience, any specialized or notable ingredients (and equipment) needed for this recipe have been listed below and linked to Amazon or other stores if available online.
It does not include staple ingredients such as oil, salt, sugar, etc., as you’re likely to have those in your kitchen. The complete list of ingredients with measurements is found in the recipe card.
- Dairy – Heavy Cream (Double Cream)
- Box of Brownie Mix – and the ingredients to make them, or you could use your favorite brownie recipe, or buy a tray of brownies ready-made.
- Oreo Cookies – reserve the créme inside
- Candy Eyeballs
Recipes on The Purple Pumpkin Blog use both cup measurements and/or weighted measurements. American cups and kitchen food scales are handy pieces of equipment to have in your kitchen as it means you’ll be able to make all of the different recipes on my blog. I try to give American, imperial, and metric measurements in my recipes. Please note, you can mix cup measurements with weighted measurements, but never mix imperial (pounds, ounces, pints, etc.,) with metric (kilograms, grams, litres, etc.,).
More Halloween Brownies
Here are some more ways to decorate brownies for Halloween:
- These Werewolf Brownies Are A Super Simple Halloween Treat!
- Spiderweb Mickey Mouse Brownies – A Yummy Disney Halloween Snack!
- Easy to Make Purple People Eater Brownies for Halloween!
More Brownies Recipes
Looking for more brownies to make? Check these recipes out next:
- Decadent Chocolate Walnut Brownies with Chocolate Frosting
- Triple Layer Pumpkin Brownies Recipe
- Peanut Butter Pumpkin Brownies Recipe
How Do I Make Bat Brownies?
Check out the printable recipe card below with full ingredients and instructions. Any demonstration photos do not print out to save your ink.
- Box of Brownie Mix - plus the ingredients to make them
- 5 Oreo Chocolate Sandwich Cookies
- ½ tsp heavy cream
- Candy Eyeball Sprinkles
- Prepare brownies as instructed. Bake and cool, but do not cut yet.
- While the brownies cool, carefully separate the two Oreo halves and scrape créme filling off with dull knife into small bowl. Then cut each Oreo in half to create two bat wings.
- Add the heavy cream to the Oreo créme and mix until you get a spreadable consistency.
- Cut brownies into 16 equal pieces, and cut two slits about halfway along the top to insert the Oreo bat wings. Use the image below for guidance. Carefully insert the Oreo halves at a slight angle to give the appearance of bat wings.
- Dab a little of the créme mixture on the back of two eyeballs and place them in front of the bat wings to bring the bat brownies to life.
- Repeat with the remaining brownies. Enjoy and Happy Halloween!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 48Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 44mgCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 0gSugar: 3gProtein: 1g
This site uses Nutritionix to provide estimated nutrition. Nutritional information is always approximate and will depend on the quality of ingredients used and serving sizes. If you need exact calories and macros, please do your own calculations.
Make It A Halloween Dinner!
You’ve made the dessert, but what about the rest of the courses?
Here are additional recipes to make a full meal for a Halloween dinner party!
- Appetizer: Lemon-Pepper Baked Chicken Wings
- Soup: Easy Vegetable Soup
- Salad: Roasted Fennel and Grapefruit Salad with Citrus Vinaigrette
- Main Dish: Instant Pot Pot Roast Recipe with Potatoes, Carrots and Green Beans
- Beverage: Toxic Waste Cocktail
There are 500+ Recipes on The Purple Pumpkin Blog for you to enjoy – please feel free to check them out too.