This spice-infused Cranberry Vodka Spritzer will be the hit of your holiday get-togethers! This vodka spritzer is simply amazing – the classic flavor combination of cranberry, orange, and cinnamon is complemented by the unexpected addition of cumin. It’s a delicious cranberry vodka cocktail to celebrate the holiday season!
I have included affiliate links to useful products and services related to the topic of this post.
If you purchase via the links I may earn a commission.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Read Full Disclosure Policy
Cranberry Vodka Spritzer
The full ingredients list and instructions are found in the printable recipe card at the end of this post. I highly recommend reading the blog post all the way through so that you don’t miss any tips or substitution suggestions and to ensure that you have all the ingredients and equipment required as well as understand the steps and timings involved.
Cranberries really get the chance to shine in recipes during the holiday season, and this recipe for Cranberry Vodka Spritzers makes full use of those pretty red berries.
The base of the cocktail is a spice-infused juice made with fresh (or frozen) cranberries, honey, oranges, and vodka. It needs at least 4 hours to steep – overnight is best though to get the maximum flavor from all of the ingredients. It will keep for up to 3 days in the fridge so you can make this in advance if required!
The cinnamon and cumin-spiced cranberry juice is poured into glasses to be topped off with sparkling water for the spritz.
With all of these flavors mingling together over ice, it really tastes like Christmas in a glass!
Ingredients Used In This Cocktail
For your convenience, I’ve linked any specialized ingredients needed for this recipe to Amazon below.
- Cranberries – fresh or frozen.
- Honey – buy locally sourced honey if you can.
- Cumin Seeds
- Cinnamon Sticks
- Cranberry Juice – use 100% juice and not a “juice drink” which is diluted juice.
- Fresh Oranges
- Vodka – use your preferred brand, or a cranberry vodka if you can source it where you live.
- Sparkling Water – you could also use fizzy lemonade, tonic, or club soda.
- The [optional] garnish is made using fresh rosemary and fresh cranberries.
More Cocktails To Make
Want to make more cocktails? I think you’re going to love these ones:
- Reindeer Cocktail – Vodka Cranberry Spritzer
- Pink Grapefruit Martini Cocktail (with Vodka or Gin)
- Skittles Vodka Cocktail + How To Infuse Vodka with Skittles Candy
Cranberry Vodka Spritzer Variations
I like to try and give variations on the cocktails shared on The Purple Pumpkin Blog, and especially turning the cocktail into a mocktail so that non-drinkers (and kids if suitable) can enjoy the drink too!
Virgin Cranberry Spritzer Mocktail (non-alcoholic)
So that non-drinkers can enjoy a non-alcoholic version of this festive drink, all you have to do is leave out the booze element! Just make the spice-infused cranberry juice and miss out the step where you add the vodka.
Frozen Cranberry Vodka Spritzer
Want to turn this vodka spritzer into a frozen slushie? Easy! Put all the ingredients in a blender with a generous amount of crushed ice – then blend till smooth. Serve with a straw, and watch out for brain freeze! You could do the same with the mocktail version too.
Other Cranberry Spritzer Ideas
You could substitute the vodka in this spritzer cocktail with the following liquors:
- White Wine
- White Rum
- Cinzano Bianco
Cranberry Vodka Spritzer Party Punch
Want to make this Christmas spitzer cocktail for a crowd? It’s so easy – just multiply the recipe as many times as you need to.
The recipe makes enough for 6 drinks, so for example, with 24 guests at your gathering, multiply each ingredient by 4 to make 24 servings.
Make sure you add plenty of ice to your serving receptacle of choice to keep the cocktail chilled. You could add cinnamon sticks and fresh cranberries in there too if you like.
Provide wine or cocktail glasses in the bar/serving area along with a filled ice bucket, stirrers, straws, and festive cocktail decorations if suitable!
You could also prep a bunch of rosemary and cranberry skewers for guests to garnish their drinks.
This cocktail recipe is intended for adults of the legal drinking age in your country of residence. Please drink responsibly. Do not drink and drive.
How Do I Make a Cranberry Vodka Spritzer?
Just check out the recipe card below with full ingredients and instructions. You can print the card out too (don’t worry, any pics don’t print to save your ink!).
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- ¼ cup honey
- ½ cup water
- 2 Tbsp whole cumin seeds
- 4 cinnamon sticks
- 3 cups cranberry juice
- 2 medium oranges, each cut into 8 wedges
- ½ cup vodka
- 3 cups sparkling water
- Fresh rosemary sprigs, bottom leaves removed, approximately 2-3"/5-7cm long
- Fresh cranberries
- Cinnamon Sticks
- Place the fresh or frozen cranberries, honey, water, cumin seeds, and cinnamon sticks into a small saucepan and place over medium heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 8-10 minutes, or until the honey is melted and the spices are intensely fragrant.
- Remove from heat and transfer to a large glass or ceramic bowl. Add the cranberry juice, orange wedges, and vodka if using. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours, but overnight if possible.
- Once thoroughly chilled, remove the orange wedges and squeeze the juice through a fine-mesh trainer and discard the solids. Pour the juice back into the cranberry mixture.
- To serve, fill serving glasses with ice and add enough of the seasoned cranberry juice mixture to fill each glass about ⅓ full.
- Top off each glass with sparkling water and stir to combine. Taste and sweeten with additional honey, if desired.
- If using, make the cranberry sprig garnish, carefully thread fresh cranberries onto the bottom of each rosemary stem.
- Garnish with rosemary sprigs and/or cinnamon sticks, if desired, before serving immediately.
- Enjoy and Happy Holidays!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 189Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 15mgCarbohydrates: 37gFiber: 3gSugar: 29gProtein: 1g
This site uses Nutritionix to provide estimated nutrition. Nutritional information is always approximate and will depend on the quality of ingredients used and serving sizes. If you need exact calories and macros, please do your own calculations.
Make It A Meal!
The beverage is covered, but what about other dishes to make this recipe into a full meal? Here are my suggestions!
- Appetizer: Roasted Garlic Hummus Dip
- Main Dish: Sheet Pan Roasted Rosemary Lemon Chicken
- Side Dish: Italian Roasted Vegetables
- Dessert: Rocky Road Fudge
There are 500+ Recipes on The Purple Pumpkin Blog for you to enjoy! Please feel free to check them out too.
The Create the Holidays (formerly Create Christmas) series on The Purple Pumpkin Blog is filled with free printables, crafts, recipes, and more for Christmas and the Winter Holidays! You can check out Create the Holidays from 2020 | 2019 | 2018 | 2017 | 2016 | 2015 | 2014 | 2013 and 2012 for tons of awesome Holiday ideas and inspiration!