Not sure what to do with that pumpkin flesh after scooping it all out for your Jack-o-lantern? Use it to make Grandma’s Pumpkin Soup of course! Or try one of the other pumpkin recipes on my blog!
- 750g pumpkin, peeled, seeded and cubed
- 2 carrots, coarsely chopped
- 2 onions, cut into wedges
- 2 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large potato, sliced
- 1 litre water
- 2 or 3 cubes vegetable stock, crumbled
- 250ml double cream
- 1 1/4 tablespoons ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 220 C / Gas 7.
- Place your pumpkin, carrots and onions in a roasting tin. Drizzle with olive oil.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 40 minutes, until soft but not charred.
- In the meantime place the water and crumbled stock cubes into a large saucepan and using a medium heat, bring to the boil.
- Cook the potato in simmering water, for about 20 minutes until soft.
- Add the potato and water mix to the roasted vegetables and blend in a food processor until smooth. Return to pan and place on a low heat stirring in cream, nutmeg, pepper and salt.
- Heat gently to serve.