Want to wow with the ultimate fall dessert? Then you have to make this Instant Pot Apple Cinnamon Cheesecake! The vanilla-cinnamon cheesecake is topped with spiced apple topping, cinnamon-maple sauce, and pecans. It’s the taste of fall in every mouthful!
I have included affiliate links to useful products and services related to the topic of this post.
This post contains affiliate links, and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Read Full Disclosure Policy
Apple Cinnamon Cheesecake
The full ingredients list and instructions are found in the printable recipe card at the end of this post. I highly recommend reading the blog post all the way through so that you don’t miss any tips or substitution suggestions and ensure that you have all the ingredients and equipment required and understand the steps and timings involved.
Fall is my favorite season. With the leaves changing colors, and the crisp air, I just can’t get enough of it!
It’s also that time of year when pumpkin spice latte recipes are popping up everywhere, and we all start trying to figure out how many apple-themed desserts we can squeeze into our lives!
And I’ve got an Apple Cinnamon Cheesecake recipe to add to your list! And who doesn’t love cheesecake?
Filled with delicious fall flavors, this Instant Pot cheesecake is a perfect way to celebrate this wonderful time of year!
Making cheesecake is a bit of a labor of love, whether you bake it in an oven, or make it in an Instant Pot. But trust me when I say that this cheesecake will be a hit with everyone at your next party or family gathering.
When making this cheesecake in the Instant Pot there are some provisos – one is that you must ensure that the batter is room-temperature ingredients for the recipe to work (we recommend 2 hours to allow for that), and two, you should use a seal specifically for making this dessert. Seals on Instant Pots can absorb strong flavors and you do not want that passed onto the delicate flavors of this fall cheesecake.
Oh, and if you wanted to get two desserts out of the same recipe, the spiced apples with cinnamon-maple sauce and pecans that is used to top this cheesecake would work beautifully as a topping for ice cream too!
Ingredients & Equipment Used In This Recipe
While most ingredients can be bought in grocery stores, for your convenience, any specialized or notable ingredients (and equipment) needed for this recipe have been listed below and linked to Amazon or other stores if available online.
It does not include staple ingredients such as oil, salt, sugar, etc., as you’re likely to have those in your kitchen. The complete list of ingredients with measurements is found in the recipe card.
- Fresh Produce – Apples (McIntosh, Braeburn, Cortland, Empire)
- Dairy – Cream Cheese, Heavy Cream (Double Cream), Unsalted Butter, Eggs
- Non-Stick Cooking Spray
- Almond Flour – essentially very finely ground almonds.
- Powdered Monk Fruit Sweetener – if substituting sugar isn’t a concern for you, you can use powdered sugar/icing sugar instead.
- Ground Cinnamon
- Ground Allspice – not ALL the spices but the dried unripe berry of Pimenta dioica tree. Often used in Jamaican and West Indian cuisine. Tastes similar to cloves.
- Pure Maple Syrup – buy the good, 100% stuff, anything less is just made up of flavorings and corn syrup.
- Pure Vanilla Extract – always buy good vanilla as it really does make a flavor difference.
- 7″ Springform Pan – for 6-quart Instant Pot®
Recipes on The Purple Pumpkin Blog use both cup measurements and/or weighted measurements. American cups and kitchen food scales are handy pieces of equipment to have in your kitchen as it means you’ll be able to make all of the different recipes on my blog. I try to give American, imperial, and metric measurements in my recipes. Please note, you can mix cup measurements with weighted measurements, but never mix imperial (pounds, ounces, pints, etc.,) with metric (kilograms, grams, litres, etc.,).
More Recipes Using Apples
One of the hero ingredients in this dish is apples, so here are some more recipes using the same:
- Homemade Apple Pie a la Mode (with No-Churn Vanilla Ice Cream!)
- Caramel Apple Bread Pudding Recipe
- Caramel Apple Pie Cupcakes with Cinnamon Sugar Pie Crust Topping
More Cheesecake Recipes
Looking for more cheesecakes to make? Check these recipes out next:
- Lemon Blueberry Cheesecake Topped with Lemon Curd
- Mini Pumpkin Cheesecakes with Salted-Caramel Crunch Topping
- Rich & Creamy Pumpkin Pie Cheesecake
- Use a designated seal exclusively for baking with your Instant Pot®. Savory dishes will infuse the seal with strong flavors that can affect more delicate recipes like this one.
- Batter ingredients must be room temperature for this recipe to work. Allow 2 hours or more to achieve the correct temperature.
How Do I Make Apple Cinnamon Cheesecake?
Check out the printable recipe card below with full ingredients and instructions. Any demonstration photos do not print out to save your ink.
- Non-stick cooking spray
For the Crust
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 tsp real vanilla extract
- 3 Tbsp powdered monk fruit sweetener
- 3 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
For the Batter
- 2 (8-oz/225g) blocks cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 tsp real vanilla extract
- ¼ cup powdered monk fruit sweetener
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- ¼ c heavy cream (double cream), room temperature
- 1¼ cup water
For the Topping:
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 large McIntosh/Braeburn apple, cored and cut into equal-sized wedges
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp allspice
- 3 Tbsp maple syrup
- ½ cup water
- Pinch of salt
- ¼ cup pecans, chopped
- Coat the inside of a 7" springform pan with the non-stick cooking spray and set it aside.
- Prepare the crust by combining all ingredients in a medium bowl. Stir until the ingredients are thoroughly combined. Press the mixture into the bottom of the prepared springform pan and spread into a uniform layer covering the entire bottom of the pan. Place in the freezer for at least one hour.
- To prepare the batter, beat the following ingredients in a large mixing bowl, one at a time, for 10-15 seconds per ingredient: cream cheese, vanilla extract, monk fruit sweetener, heavy cream, and the eggs, one at a time. (Do not overwork to avoid incorporating extra air into the batter).
Tip: Scrape the sides of the mixing bowl with a plastic spatula before adding each new ingredient to ensure all ingredients are thoroughly incorporated into the batter.
- Remove the springform pan from the freezer and pour the batter on top of the chilled crust. Smooth into a uniform layer and gently tap the pan on the counter several times to release any air bubbles in the batter.
- Pour the water into the Instant Pot cooking container and place the springform pan onto the trivet that comes with the Instant Pot. Carefully place the trivet and pan into the Instant Pot with the handles positioned upwards for easy removal.
- Add the lid and lock it into place. Select the “Manual” button and make sure it is set to “High.” Adjust cook time to 30 minutes.
- When cook time is complete, allow pressure to release naturally until the pin drops (up to 10 minutes). If it takes longer than 10 minutes, do a quick release for any remaining steam.
- Carefully remove the lid and lift the cheesecake out by the trivet handles with potholders.
- Set on the counter to cool for 10-15 minutes before transferring to the refrigerator to chill for at least 4 hours to overnight.
- Before serving, prepare the topping by selecting the “Sauté” function on the medium setting. Add the butter and stir to cover the bottom of the pot while it melts.
- Add the apple wedges, ground cinnamon, allspice, maple syrup, water, and salt to the unit. Stir until the apples are thoroughly coated in the cinnamon-maple mixture.
- Sauté for 4-5 minutes until the apples are crisp tender, but not mushy, and the sauce has thickened.
- Turn the unit off and transfer the apple mixture into a bowl to cool slightly.
- Remove the cheesecake from the refrigerator and carefully release the springform pan.
- Arrange the warm apple slices on top of the cheesecake and drizzle with the cinnamon-maple sauce.
- Sprinkle the chopped pecans on top and serve immediately. Enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 625Total Fat: 53gSaturated Fat: 25gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 24gCholesterol: 175mgSodium: 292mgCarbohydrates: 29gFiber: 5gSugar: 19gProtein: 12g
This site uses Nutritionix to provide estimated nutrition. Nutritional information is always approximate and will depend on the quality of ingredients used and serving sizes. If you need exact calories and macros, please do your own calculations.
Make It A Full Meal
You’ve made the dessert, but what about the rest of the courses?
Here are additional recipes to make a full meal for a dinner party or special occasion:
- Appetizer: 30-Minute Prosciutto and Goat Cheese Appetizers
- Soup: Hearty 15 Bean Soup Recipe
- Salad: A Simple Green Bean Salad with Tomatoes & Feta
- Main Dish: Oven-Roasted Apple & Sausage Stuffed Butternut Squash
- Side Dish: Looking for a Delicious Easy to Make Mashed Sweet Potato Recipe?
- Beverage: Apple Cider Margarita
- Dessert: Yummy Pumpkin Mousse Recipe with Maple Whipped Cream Topping
There are 500+ Recipes on The Purple Pumpkin Blog for you to enjoy – please feel free to check them out too.