Bring a taste of Disney into your home with these Cosmic Mickey Mouse Brownies. A tray of homemade brownies is cut into a Mickey-head shape and coated with chocolate ganache and sprinkles! The perfect treat to accompany a Disney binge-watch!
I have included affiliate links to useful products and services related to the topic of this post.
This post contains affiliate links, and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Read Full Disclosure Policy
Cosmic Mickey Mouse Brownies
The full ingredients list and instructions are found in the printable recipe card at the end of this post. I highly recommend reading the blog post all the way through so that you don’t miss any tips or substitution suggestions, to ensure that you have all the ingredients and equipment required and understand the steps and timings involved.
Cosmic Mickey Mouse Brownies are so fun and festive, and they’re bound to be a hit with both kids and adults.
And this recipe is perfect for enjoying some of that Disney magic even when you’re not at the parks!
The recipe card includes a brownies recipe, but if you’re pressed for time you could buy a tray of brownies and cut the Mickey shapes from that instead.
Whether you’re serving the Mickey-shaped brownies at a party or just snacking on them yourself, these sweet treats will definitely bring a little bit of Disney magic into your day. Enjoy!
Ingredients & Equipment Used In This Recipe
While most ingredients can be bought in grocery stores, for your convenience, any specialized or notable ingredients and equipment needed for this recipe have been linked to Amazon or other stores if available online.
It may not include staple ingredients such as oil, salt, sugar, etc., as you’re likely to have those in your kitchen. The complete list of ingredients with measurements is found on the recipe card.
- Special Equipment – 4-inch Mickey Mouse Cookie Cutter
- Dairy – Unsalted Butter, Heavy Whipping Cream (Double Cream)
- White Sugar
- Brown Sugar
- Pure Vanilla Extract – always buy good vanilla as it really does make a flavor difference.
- Cocoa Powder
- Instant Espresso Grounds – brings out the flavor of the chocolate
- All-Purpose Flour – also known as Plain Flour.
- Cornstarch – also known as Cornflour.
- Baking Powder
- Chocolate Chips – semi-sweet (US), plain (UK)
- Wilton Rainbow Chip Crunch Sprinkles – if you can’t find these, you can use any kind of rainbow sprinkles you like!
Recipes on The Purple Pumpkin Blog use both cup measurements and/or weighted measurements. American cups and kitchen food scales are handy pieces of equipment to have in your kitchen as it means you’ll be able to make all of the different recipes on my blog. I try to give American, imperial, and metric measurements in my recipes. Please note, you can mix cup measurements with weighted measurements, but never mix imperial (pounds, ounces, pints, etc.,) with metric (kilograms, grams, litres, etc.,).
More Recipes Using Chocolate
One of the hero ingredients in this dish is chocolate, so here are some more recipes using the same:
- Decadent Loaded Brownie Cupcakes For Chocolate Lovers!
- Easy Chocolate Peanut Clusters Make A Great Homemade Gift!
- Chocolate-Covered Strawberries for Valentine’s Day
More Disney Recipes
Looking for more Disney-inspired treats to make? Check these recipes out next:
- Mickey Mouse Pretzel Rods – A Fun Disney Snack!
- Mickey Mouse Cinnamon Roll Bake
- Make Awesome Cookies & Cream Mickey Mouse Milkshakes!
- If you want to cut corners, you could use a tray of ready-made (uncut) brownies from stores like Costco, Sams’s Club, etc., instead of making them from scratch. This is perfect if you need a last-minute cute dessert! Just skip to the recipe where you cut out the Mickey Mouse shapes from the brownies.
How Do I Make Cosmic Mickey Mouse Brownies?
Check out the printable recipe card below with full ingredients and instructions. Any demonstration photos do not print out to save your ink.
- 1½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1⅓ cup brown sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 6 Tbsp fresh brewed coffee, cooled
- 4 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1½ cup cocoa powder
- 2 tsp instant coffee/espresso grounds
- 1½ cup all-purpose flour (plain flour)
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch (cornflour)
- 1 tsp baking powder
For the Chocolate Ganache
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream (double cream)
- 1 Tbsp instant coffee/espresso grounds
- 2 (5.25oz) packages Wilton Rainbow Chip Crunch Sprinkles or Nonpareils
- Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas 4. Spray a half-sheet baking pan (approximately 12" x 19") with baking spray then cover with a sheet of parchment paper.
- Place the butter, sugars, eggs, cooled coffee, and vanilla into a large bowl and whisk until combined and fluffy.
- Sift or whisk the cocoa powder, espresso grounds, flour, cornstarch, and baking powder in a medium bowl to combine.
- Gradually beat the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until just combined.
- Spread the brownie batter onto the cookie sheet and bake in the oven for 22-26 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Place on a wire rack to cool completely.
- Using a 4-inch Mickey Mouse cookie cutter, cut out 12 Mickey Mouse heads and place them onto a wire rack
- To make the chocolate ganache, place the heavy whipping cream and espresso grounds into a saucepan on medium heat and bring to a simmer.
- Place the chocolate chips in a medium bowl and pour the hot cream mixture over. Whisk until smooth.
- Gradually pour the ganache over the Mickey Mouse shaped brownies, making sure the tops and
sides are completely covered.
- Sprinkle the rainbow chips on top.
- Allow the ganache to harden before serving. Enjoy and have a magical day!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 843Total Fat: 48gSaturated Fat: 26gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 19gCholesterol: 147mgSodium: 390mgCarbohydrates: 101gFiber: 3gSugar: 74gProtein: 8g
This site uses Nutritionix to provide estimated nutrition. Nutritional information is always approximate and will depend on the quality of ingredients used and serving sizes. If you need exact calories and macros, please do your own calculations.
Make It A Special Dinner!
You’ve made the dessert, but what about the rest of the courses?
Here are additional recipes to create a menu for a special meal or dinner party:
- Appetizer: Spicy Sweet Potato Wedges with Herbed Coconut Yogurt Dip
- Soup: Cuban Black Bean Soup
- Salad: Grilled Corn Salad with Cherry Tomatoes – A Perfect Side For Grilled Meats
- Main Dish: A Recipe For Seared Strip Steak with Sautéed Mushrooms
- Side Dish: Creamy Instant Pot Rosemary Garlic Mashed Potatoes Recipe
- Beverage: Refreshing Watermelon Vodka Slush Cocktail with Lime
There are 500+ Recipes on The Purple Pumpkin Blog for you to enjoy – please feel free to check them out too.