Colourful, tasty, and ready in only 20 minutes, this gorgeous Grilled Corn Salad is perfect as a BBQ side as it pairs so well with grilled meats and poultry. Made using fresh corn, cherry tomatoes, avocado, and fresh parsley, it’s sure to be a winner at your next outdoor gathering!
We have included affiliate links to valuable products and services related to the topic of this post.
This post contains affiliate links, and we will be compensated if you purchase after clicking on those links.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Grilled Corn Salad
The full ingredients list and instructions are found in the printable recipe card at the end of this post. I highly recommend reading all the way through for any tips or substitute suggestions, to ensure that you have any specialized ingredients and equipment required and that you understand the steps and timings involved.
Salads are always a great choice in the summer months, (although, we enjoy salads year-round!) and this healthy and colorful grilled corn salad really hits the spot.
If you’re growing corn in your garden (like us) this is a perfect dish to make using those fresh, sweet corn cobs! But if not, just buy them from the supermarket or farmer’s market instead.
The corn is grilled on all sides before being cut from the cob and mixed with grilled onions, tomatoes, and avocado to make this salad which works great as a side dish.
It pairs particularly well with grilled meats and poultry, but you can serve it with just about any main course you prefer!
Ingredients & Equipment Used In This Recipe
While most ingredients can be bought in grocery stores, for your convenience, any specialized or notable ingredients (and equipment) needed for this recipe have been listed below and linked to Amazon or other stores if available online.
It does not include staple ingredients such as oil, salt, and pepper, as you’re likely to have those in your kitchen already. The complete list of ingredients with measurements is found in the recipe card.
- Fresh Produce – Corn on the Cob/Ears of Corn, Red Onion, Cherry Tomatoes, Avocado, Parsley, Limes
- Dairy – Unsalted Butter
Recipes on The Purple Pumpkin Blog use both cup measurements and/or weighted measurements. American cups and kitchen food scales are handy pieces of equipment to have in your kitchen as it means you’ll be able to make all of the different recipes on my blog. I try to give American, imperial, and metric measurements in my recipes. Please note, you can mix cup measurements with weighted measurements, but never mix imperial (pounds, ounces, pints, etc.,) with metric (kilograms, grams, litres, etc.,).
More Recipes Using Sweetcorn
One of the hero ingredients in this dish is corn, so here are some more recipes using the same:
- Fully Loaded Mexican Street Corn with Mexican Crema & Cotija Cheese
- Brazilian Churrasco Beef with Tomato & Sweetcorn Salad
- Mexican Chopped Salad with Creamy Avocado Dressing
More Salad Recipes
Looking for more salads to make? Check these recipes out next:
- A Simple Green Bean Salad with Tomatoes & Feta
- Fig and Roasted Fennel Salad with Lemon Tahini Dressing
- Roasted Broccoli and Bacon Salad with Raisins & Yogurt Dressing
- If fresh corn is not in season, substitute 1 cup frozen sweet corn prepared according to package instructions. You can fry it in a skillet or frying pan to char it slightly before using in the recipe as directed.
How Do I Make Grilled Corn Salad?
Check out the printable recipe card below with full ingredients and instructions. Any demonstration photos do not print out to save your ink.
- *2 large ears fresh corn, husks and silk removed
- 1 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 1 medium red onion, halved and cut into thick slices
- 1 lb (450g) cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 large avocado, chopped
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, roughly chopped
- 3 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- Brush the corn with melted butter before placing it and red onion slices on a pre-heated gas grill over medium direct heat, or indoors on a grill pan sprayed with non-stick cooking spray set over medium-high heat.
- Cook the corn until the kernels are slightly charred, rotating one-quarter turn every couple of minutes until each side is done. Flip the red onion once while the corn is cooking.
- Remove the corn and red onion from the heat and slice the kernels from the cob with a sharp knife. Discard cobs and transfer the onions and corn kernels to a large salad bowl and set aside.
- Add the tomatoes, avocado, fresh parsley, and lime juice to the bowl. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and toss gently to combine.
- Serve immediately with your choice of main dish. Enjoy!
*If fresh corn is not in season, substitute 1 cup frozen sweet corn prepared according to package instructions.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 274Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 8mgSodium: 111mgCarbohydrates: 41gFiber: 8gSugar: 20gProtein: 7g
This site uses Nutritionix to provide estimated nutrition. Nutritional information is always approximate and will depend on the quality of ingredients used and serving sizes. If you need exact calories and macros, please do your own calculations.
Make It A Full Meal
You’ve made the side dish, but what about the rest of the courses?
Here are additional recipes to make a full meal for a dinner party or special occasion:
- Appetizer: Quick & Easy White Bean Dip with Seasoned Pita Chips
- Soup: Gluten-Free Gazpacho Recipe with Chickpea “Croutons”
- Salad: Roasted Fennel and Grapefruit Salad with Citrus Vinaigrette
- Main Dish: 5-Ingredient Herb Mustard Sirloin Steak Recipe
- Beverage: Spiked Fresh Watermelon Cocktail: Watermelon Breeze
- Dessert: Delicious & Easy Lemon Hand Pies
There are 500+ Recipes on The Purple Pumpkin Blog for you to enjoy – please feel free to check them out too.