Embrace the essence of summer with this Melon Apple Sangria recipe, a vibrant concoction that blends frozen melon balls, crisp green apples, aromatic white wine, and a splash of white rum, resulting in a tantalizing sip that will transport you to sunny days and cool breezes.
Don’t have time for this cocktail recipe now? Tap the share icon in the bottom right of the screen then tap the heart icon ♥ to save it for later!
We have included affiliate links to valuable products and services related to the topic of this post.
This post contains affiliate links, and we will be compensated if you purchase after clicking on those links.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
The full ingredients list and instructions are found in the printable recipe card at the end of this post. I highly recommend reading the blog post all the way through so that you don’t miss any tips or substitution suggestions and ensure that you have all the ingredients and equipment required and understand the steps and timings involved.
Melon Apple Sangria
Traditional Sangria is a Spanish and Portuguese alcoholic punch drink made with red wine and local, seasonal fruit. Sangria Blanca, made with white wine is a more recent innovation.
Sangria is very versatile and can be made with almost any fruit/wine combination. Strawberries, grapes, watermelon, apples, oranges, and lemons are all great choices.
Our recipe for Melon Apple Sangria is made with white wine – use your favorite tipple when making your pitcher – as well as white rum, and lemonade.
And of course, the fruits in this white wine sangria are melon and apple.
The key to making the best sangria recipe is time.
Instead of loading the punch with just ice, which will dilute the drink, we use frozen melon balls, which if you’re “making” them from scratch will need at least 3 hours to freeze.
Once the sangria is mixed together, a couple of hours in the fridge to chill is needed for the flavors to marry and mingle – then it is ready to enjoy!
Sangria really is a simple drink to make and is perfect to serve on warm summer nights and watching sunsets.
Ingredients For White Wine Melon Apple Sangria
For your convenience, I’ve linked any specialized ingredients needed for this recipe to Amazon below.
- Fresh Produce – Melon (Cantaloupe or Honeydew), Green Apple (Granny Smith), Lemon, Mint
- Dry White Wine – such as Chardonnay or Sauvignon Blanc
- White Granulated Sugar
- Lemonade – in the UK, this is still, cloudy lemonade
- White Rum – use your preferred brand
No time to read now? Tap the buttons below to save the cocktail to your Pinterest boards or Facebook page for later!
More Wine Cocktails To Make
If you enjoy wine, I think you’re going to love making these cocktails:
- Watermelon Kiwi Cocktail with White Wine
- Mulled White Wine Recipe with Rum – A Spiced Winter Drink
- Lucifer Morningstar Cocktail With Rum, Red Wine & Ginger Beer
- Slow Cooker Mulled Wine – A Must-Make Holiday Beverage
- Booooze Float! Halloween Wine Spiked Ice Cream Float Cocktail
Cocktail Party Appetizers
If you want to serve some appetizers with your drinks, check out these recipes:
- Bacon Avocado Tomato Bites – A Yummy Low-Carb Appetizer!
- Gluten-Free Baked Avocado Fries with Homemade Garlic Dipping Sauce
- Smoked Salmon Cream Cheese Cups
- Garden Fresh Tomatillo Salsa Verde – A Dip for Tortilla Chips!
- Cucumber Smoked Salmon Appetizers Ready in Just 20 Minutes!
Melon Apple Sangria Variations
Here are some variations of the original cocktail recipe that you might like to try out.
Virgin Melon Apple Sangria Mocktail (Non-Alcoholic)
Ponche de Sangria is a variation for children, often for birthday parties. – Wikipedia
So that non-drinkers can enjoy a glass of non-alcoholic sangria, we simply remove the alcohol and replace it!
Follow the recipe card, but instead of white wine, use the same quantity of white grape juice, and omit the rum.
You could also make a pitcher of our non-alcoholic Berry Peach Sangria.
Melon Apple Sangria Mocktail (Non-Alcoholic Spirits)
For adults who would still like to enjoy the taste of alcohol in their mocktail, you could try non-alcoholic alternatives.
In the UK, try Lyre’s, which is also available on Amazon in the UK and Amazon.com.
Other brands include Strykk (UK), and Ritual (US & Canada). Non-alcoholic spirits are a growing trend, so be on the lookout in your local stores and online.
- Instead of white wine, use white grape juice, or a non-alcoholic white wine
- Instead of white rum, use Lyre’s White Cane Spirit
Follow the recipe card using the non-alcoholic alternatives listed above instead of the alcoholic ones.
Big Batch Melon Apple Sangria
Want to make a big batch of sangria for a party or gathering? It’s so easy!
The recipe serves 6, so simply multiply the ingredients by the amount required. For example, if you need to make enough for 24 people, multiply the ingredients by 4.
This cocktail recipe is intended for adults of the legal drinking age in your country of residence.
Please drink responsibly. Do not drink and drive.
How Do I Make Melon Apple Sangria?
You’ll find the printable cocktail recipe below. To save ink, any demonstration photos on the recipe card do not print.
- ½ honeydew or galia melon
- 1 bottle dry white wine such as Chardonnay or Sauvignon Blanc
- 3 Tbsp sugar
- 1½ cups prepared lemonade
- ¼ cup white rum
- 1 Granny Smith apple
- 1 lemon
- 10-12 fresh mint leaves
- Use a melon baller to scoop out the melon flesh.
- Place the melon balls in a single layer onto a baking sheet and freeze for 3 hours.
- Pour the wine into a large pitcher and stir in the sugar.
- Add the lemonade and rum to the pitcher.
- Slice the apple and lemon (remove any seeds), add to the wine mixture, and stir.
- Remove melon balls from the freezer and add them to the pitcher with the mint leaves.
- Stir the mixture and place into the refrigerator to chill for 2 hours.
- When ready to serve, taste and add additional sugar if required.
- To serve, pour into ice-filled glasses and garnish with fresh mint leaves if desired. Enjoy!
For best results, the melon should be frozen a minimum of 3 hours before making sangria. Sangria should chill in the refrigerator for the flavors to marry for 2 hours prior to serving.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 271Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 37mgCarbohydrates: 32gFiber: 3gSugar: 25gProtein: 2g
This site uses Nutritionix to provide estimated nutrition. Nutritional information is always approximate and will depend on the quality of ingredients used and serving sizes. If you need exact calories and macros, please do your own calculations.
Dinner Party Menu Suggestions!
The beverage is covered, but what about the rest of the courses?
Here are additional recipes to create a menu for a dinner party or special meal:
- Appetizer: Crispy Lemon Panko Fried Shrimp Recipe
- Soup: Chilled Creamy Yellow Tomato and Pepper Soup
- Salad: Crunchy Apple Celery Salad with Maple-Dijon Vinaigrette
- Main Dish: Greek Steak Salad with Feta & Kalamata Olives
- Side Dish: Greek-Style Lemon Potatoes
- Dessert: Broiled Crème Brûlée Recipe
There are 500+ Recipes on The Purple Pumpkin Blog for you to enjoy! Please feel free to check them out too.