Fries really can be delicious AND healthy! These Gluten-Free Baked Avocado Fries break all the rules and are a scrumptious nutritious snack. Serve this French Fries alternative with a homemade garlic dipping sauce.
I have included affiliate links to useful products and services related to the topic of this post.
This post contains affiliate links, and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Read Full Disclosure Policy
Gluten-Free Baked Avocado Fries
The full ingredients list and instructions are found in the printable recipe card at the end of this post. I highly recommend reading the blog post all the way through so that you don’t miss any tips or substitution suggestions, to ensure that you have all the ingredients and equipment required and understand the steps and timings involved.
If you’re looking for an easy gluten-free recipe, look no further than these delicious baked avocado fries.
Firm, but ripe avocados are coated with seasoned almond flour and baked till golden brown.
They’re perfect as an appetizer or side dish, and the garlic dipping sauce is to die for.
So why not give them a try tonight? Your taste buds will thank you!
Ingredients & Equipment Used In This Recipe
While most ingredients can be bought in grocery stores, for your convenience, any specialized or notable ingredients and equipment needed for this recipe have been linked to Amazon or other stores if available online.
It may not include staple ingredients such as oil, salt, sugar, etc., as you’re likely to have those in your kitchen. The complete list of ingredients with measurements is found in the recipe card.
- Fresh Produce – Avocados, Garlic, Lemon, Parsley
- Dairy – Parmesan Cheese
- Almond Flour – essentially very finely ground almonds.
- Garlic Powder
- Italian Seasoning – this recipe uses store-bought Italian Seasoning, but it is so easy to make your own herb mixes, especially if you already have a bunch of herbs and spices in your pantry already. Just mix equal measures of dried basil, oregano, rosemary, parsley, and thyme. You can also add a pinch of garlic granules or powder as well as red chili flakes if you like. Store in an airtight jar and use in recipes as required.
Recipes on The Purple Pumpkin Blog use both cup measurements and/or weighted measurements. American cups and kitchen food scales are handy pieces of equipment to have in your kitchen as it means you’ll be able to make all of the different recipes on my blog. I try to give American, imperial, and metric measurements in my recipes. Please note, you can mix cup measurements with weighted measurements, but never mix imperial (pounds, ounces, pints, etc.,) with metric (kilograms, grams, litres, etc.,).
More Recipes Using Avocado
One of the hero ingredients in this dish is Avocado, so here are some more recipes using the same:
- A Recipe for Avocado Deviled Eggs with a Spicy Kick!
- Cajun Salmon with Avocado Salsa
- Pineapple and Shrimp Stuffed Avocados Make a Great Light Lunch
More Appetizer Recipes
Looking for more appetizers to make? Check these recipes out next:
- Mango Shrimp Cups Appetizer
- Easy To Make Spicy Roasted Red Pepper and Feta Dip (Htipiti)
- Garlic Parmesan Shrimp with Roasted Garlic Dip
- Best results are achieved using ripe, but firm avocados in this recipe. Riper fruit will not hold up to the baking process.
How Do I Make Gluten-Free Baked Avocado Fries?
Check out the printable recipe card below with full ingredients and instructions. Any demonstration photos do not print out to save your ink.
- 2 medium avocados*
- ½ cup almond flour
- 5 Tbsp finely grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp water
For the Garlic Dipping Sauce
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium lemon, zested and juiced to yield 2 Tbsp juice
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 230°C/450°F/Gas 8. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or a nonstick baking mat.
- Peel and slice each avocado in half and remove the stone. Cut each half into 6 wedges, giving you 12 wedges from each avocado.
- In a shallow dish, mix the almond flour, parmesan cheese, garlic powder, and Italian seasoning. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Whisk the egg and water together in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Dip each avocado wedge into the egg mixture, then place in the dish with the parmesan breading mixture. Use a spoon to toss the breading on top of the avocado, ensuring that the entire avocado wedge is nicely coated. Repeat with all 24 wedges.
- Place the wedges on the prepared baking sheet and bake for 6 minutes. Gently flip over and bake for 5-6 additional minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven. Cool on the baking sheet for 2-3 minutes.
- While the avocado fries are cooling, combine the mayonnaise, garlic, lemon juice, 1 teaspoon of lemon zest, chopped parsley, salt, and pepper to taste.
- Serve the avocado fries alongside the garlic dipping sauce. Enjoy!
*Best results are achieved using ripe, but firm avocados in this recipe. Riper fruit will not hold up to the baking process.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 515Total Fat: 45gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 36gCholesterol: 63mgSodium: 426mgCarbohydrates: 23gFiber: 9gSugar: 9gProtein: 9g
This site uses Nutritionix to provide estimated nutrition. Nutritional information is always approximate and will depend on the quality of ingredients used and serving sizes. If you need exact calories and macros, please do your own calculations.
Make It A Special Dinner!
You’ve made the appetizer but what about the rest of the courses?
Here are additional recipes to create a menu for a special meal or dinner party:
- Soup: How To Make Gluten-Free French Onion Soup Recipe
- Salad: This Classic Caprese Salad with Balsamic Glaze is Perfect for Sharing!
- Main Dish: A Recipe For Seared Strip Steak with Sautéed Mushrooms
- Side Dish: 30-Minute Blackened Broccoli Recipe
- Beverage: Berry Peach Non-Alcoholic Sangria Mocktail – A Refreshing Summer Drink
- Dessert: Instant Pot Chocolate Cheesecake (Gluten-Free Recipe)
There are 500+ Recipes on The Purple Pumpkin Blog for you to enjoy – please feel free to check them out too.