These delightful Cucumber Smoked Salmon Appetizers are perfect for summer entertaining and parties. Ready in just 20 minutes, combining simple and fresh ingredients: cream cheese, lemon, dill, cucumber, and smoked salmon, they are as delicious as they are pretty!
I have included affiliate links to useful products and services related to the topic of this post.
If you purchase via the links I may earn a commission.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Read Full Disclosure Policy
Cucumber Smoked Salmon Appetizers
The full ingredients list and instructions are found in the printable recipe card at the end of this post. I highly recommend reading all the way through for any tips or substitute suggestions, to ensure that you have any specialized ingredients and equipment required and that you understand the steps and timings involved.
Cucumber Smoked Salmon Appetizers are simple, healthy, and delicious and can be ready in just 20 minutes. Serve them at your next cocktail party, for brunch, or even as a light lunch!
Not only are they quick and easy to make, but they also look super elegant on any party spread.
Cucumber and smoked salmon always make great finger food for entertaining, and these little rolls of deliciousness will leave your guests wanting more – they’re THAT good!
Use the same ingredients in this recipe to make pretty canapes – spread the cream cheese mixture over squares of rye bread, and add thinly sliced cucumber and smoked salmon on top. Finish with a small frond of dill and some lemon zest – amazing!
Ingredients & Equipment Used In This Recipe
While most ingredients can be bought in grocery stores, for your convenience, any specialized or notable ingredients (and equipment) needed for this recipe have been listed below and linked to Amazon or other stores if available online.
It does not include staple ingredients such as oil, salt, and pepper, as you’re likely to have those in your kitchen already. The complete list of ingredients with measurements is found in the recipe card.
- Protein – Smoked Salmon
- Fresh Produce – Lemons, Dill, Cucumber
- Dairy – Cream Cheese
Recipes on The Purple Pumpkin Blog use both cup measurements and/or weighted measurements. American cups and kitchen food scales are handy pieces of equipment to have in your kitchen as it means you’ll be able to make all of the different recipes on my blog. I try to give American, imperial, and metric measurements in my recipes. Please note, you can mix cup measurements with weighted measurements, but never mix imperial (pounds, ounces, pints, etc.,) with metric (kilograms, grams, litres, etc.,).
More Recipes Using Cucumber
One of the hero ingredients in this dish is cucumber, so here are some more recipes using the same:
- Jalapeño Cucumber Vodka Lemonade
- Feta Cucumber Cups Appetizer for Summer Parties
- Chickpea + Cucumber Salad with Tahini Dressing
More Appetizer Recipes
Looking for more appetizers to make? Check these recipes out next:
- How To Assemble a Mediterranean Meze Platter for Easy Entertaining
- Quick & Easy White Bean Dip with Seasoned Pita Chips
- Easy To Make Spicy Roasted Red Pepper and Feta Dip (Htipiti)
How Do I Make Cucumber Smoked Salmon Appetizers?
Check out the printable recipe card below with full ingredients and instructions. Any demonstration photos do not print out to save your ink.
- 8 oz (225g) cream cheese, softened
- 1 tsp lemon zest, preferably organic
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp capers, drained
- 3 Tbsp fresh dill, chopped
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1 large seedless cucumber
- 2 oz (55g) smoked salmon
- In a large bowl, combine the cream cheese with the lemon zest, lemon juice, capers, and fresh dill. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and stir to combine. Set aside.
- Chop the ends from the cucumber and thinly slice lengthwise with a mandoline slicer or a vegetable peeler.
- Spread one to two teaspoons of the cream cheese mixture along the length of each cucumber slice, adding an extra bit at the far end to help secure once rolled.
- Top with small pieces of smoked salmon and tightly roll the cucumber into a rollup. If necessary, use toothpicks to hold each appetizer together.
- Repeat with the remaining cucumber slices and filling. Serve immediately and enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 228Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 61mgSodium: 638mgCarbohydrates: 6gFiber: 1gSugar: 3gProtein: 7g
This site uses Nutritionix to provide estimated nutrition. Nutritional information is always approximate and will depend on the quality of ingredients used and serving sizes. If you need exact calories and macros, please do your own calculations.
Make It A Full Meal
You’ve made the appetizers, but what about the rest of the courses?
Here are additional recipes to make a full meal for a dinner party or special occasion:
- Soup: Vichyssoise Recipe- A Chilled Creamy Leek & Potato Soup
- Salad: Roasted Fennel and Grapefruit Salad with Citrus Vinaigrette
- Main Dish: Flavorful One-Pan Mediterranean Pork Chops
- Side Dish: Mediterranean Roasted Vegetables
- Beverage: Sparkling Mexican Paloma Cocktail with Blanco Tequila & Grapefruit
- Dessert: Fresh Summer Fruit Salad with Honey-Yogurt Dip
There are 500+ Recipes on The Purple Pumpkin Blog for you to enjoy – please feel free to check them out too.