There’s something about a Roast Beef Baguette that just makes taste buds happy! The combination of juicy, tender roast beef with provolone and creamy horseradish sauce is pretty irresistible. Plus, it’s easy to make and perfect for when you need a quick and satisfying lunch or dinner. Give this easy recipe a try soon!
We have included affiliate links to valuable products and services related to the topic of this post.
This post contains affiliate links, and we will be compensated if you purchase after clicking on those links.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Roast Beef Baguette
The full ingredients list and instructions are found in the printable recipe card at the end of this post. I highly recommend reading the blog post all the way through so that you don’t miss any tips or substitution suggestions, to ensure that you have all the ingredients and equipment required and understand the steps and timings involved.
This quick and easy sandwich features a crusty French baguette topped with taste bud-grabbing horseradish sauce, peppery arugula, mild Provolone cheese, ripe tomatoes, and melt-in-your-mouth roast beef.
Pair it with French Fries or chips (crisps) for lunch, pack it up for a picnic, enjoy it with a bowl of tomato soup for a filling meal, or cut the sandwich into smaller pieces for a party or potluck.
This roast beef baguette is a great way to use up leftovers from your Sunday roast dinner, or you could simply buy sliced beef from the deli.
Packed with flavor, this sandwich is sure to satisfy all who get to enjoy it!
Ingredients & Equipment Used In This Recipe
While most ingredients can be bought in grocery stores, for your convenience, any specialized or notable ingredients and equipment needed for this recipe have been linked to Amazon or other stores if available online.
It may not include staple ingredients such as oil, salt, sugar, etc., as you’re likely to have those in your kitchen. The complete list of ingredients with measurements is found in the recipe card.
- Fresh Produce – Tomatoes, Arugula
- Protein – Roast Beef – bought ready-sliced from the store or leftovers
- Dairy – Provolone Cheese – it’s not a common cheese in the UK, but you could substitute for Gouda or Havarti
- Horseradish Sauce
Recipes on The Purple Pumpkin Blog use both cup measurements and/or weighted measurements. American cups and kitchen food scales are handy pieces of equipment to have in your kitchen as it means you’ll be able to make all of the different recipes on my blog. I try to give American, imperial, and metric measurements in my recipes. Please note, you can mix cup measurements with weighted measurements, but never mix imperial (pounds, ounces, pints, etc.,) with metric (kilograms, grams, litres, etc.,).
More Recipes Using Beef
One of the hero ingredients in this dish is beef, so here are some more recipes using the same:
- Rosemary Garlic Beef Tenderloin Recipe
- Mexican Shredded Beef in the Slow Cooker
- How To Cook Instant Pot Beef Short Ribs
More Sandwich Recipes
Looking for more sandwiches to make? Check these recipes out next:
- Classic BLT With a Twist! (Bacon Lettuce Tomato Sandwich)
- Shrimp Slaw Sandwich with Garlic Lemon Aioli
- Grilled Chicken Brie Panini with Savory Peach Compote
There are 500+ Recipes on The Purple Pumpkin Blog for you to enjoy – please feel free to check them out too.
How Do I Make Roast Beef Baguette?
Check out the printable recipe card below with full ingredients and instructions. Any demonstration photos do not print out to save your ink.
- 1 large French baguette (approximately 26”/66cm long)
- ¼ cup prepared horseradish sauce, divided
- 1 cup arugula (rocket)
- 8 slices non-smoked Provolone cheese
- 2 medium tomatoes, sliced
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 8 oz (225g) roast beef, thinly sliced
- Trim the ends off the baguette and then cut it into 4 equal-sized sections, approximately 6"/15cm each. Cut each section in half, horizontally, to create a top and bottom section, as shown in the photos.
- Spread some of the horseradish sauce on the bottom piece of the four baguette portions. Top each with one-quarter of the arugula, Provolone cheese, and sliced tomatoes. Season with salt and black pepper, if desired.
- Then top each with one-quarter of the roast beef. Complete the sandwich by adding the top section of the baguette.
- Serve immediately with your choice of sides or cover tightly with plastic wrap for a quick and easy lunch the next day. Enjoy!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 922Total Fat: 48gSaturated Fat: 23gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 21gCholesterol: 194mgSodium: 1394mgCarbohydrates: 50gFiber: 4gSugar: 9gProtein: 70g
This site uses Nutritionix to provide estimated nutrition. Nutritional information is always approximate and will depend on the quality of ingredients used and serving sizes. If you need exact calories and macros, please do your own calculations.