Why not make this Rosemary Garlic Beef Tenderloin Recipe for the holidays as an alternative to the traditional turkey? Made with garlic, rosemary, onion, shallots, and mushrooms is bursting with flavor and the perfect main dish on your holiday table!
I have included affiliate links to useful products and services related to the topic of this post.
This post contains affiliate links, and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Read Full Disclosure Policy
Rosemary Garlic Beef Tenderloin
The full ingredients list and instructions are found in the printable recipe card at the end of this post. I highly recommend reading the blog post all the way through so that you don’t miss any tips or substitution suggestions; to ensure that you have all the ingredients and equipment required, and to understand the steps and timings involved.
If you are looking for a main protein for your Holiday gathering that everyone will simply love, then this is the recipe you are looking for!
What really sets this beef tenderloin apart is the rosemary and garlic. These ingredients work together to create amazing flavor!
A rub is made using coconut oil, chopped fresh rosemary, garlic, and seasonings that is then rubbed all over the beef before being placed in a roasting dish with sliced red onions, mushrooms, and shallots.
With prep and cooking time, this delicious roast beef is ready in just one hour – perfect for the busy holiday season!
Ingredients & Equipment Used In This Recipe
You may already have some of the ingredients for this recipe – the full list with measurements is found in the recipe card at the end of this post.
For your convenience, any specialized or notable ingredients and equipment needed for this recipe have been listed below and linked to Amazon if available online.
- Coconut Oil
- Fresh Vegetables & Aromatics – mushrooms, shallots, red onions, rosemary, garlic
- Beef Tenderloin Roast –
Recipes on The Purple Pumpkin Blog use both cup measurements and/or weighted measurements. American cups and kitchen food scales are handy pieces of equipment to have in your kitchen as it means you’ll be able to make all of the different recipes on my blog! I try to give American, imperial, and metric measurements in my recipes. You can mix cup measurements with weighted measurements, but never imperial (pounds, ounces, pints, etc.,) with metric (kilograms, grams, litres, etc.,).
More Recipes Using Beef
The hero ingredient in this recipe is beef, so here are some more recipes using the same:
- Quick & Easy Classic Beef Stew Recipe Ready in One Hour!
- Dinner Party Worthy Stuffed Beef Tenderloin with Roasted Vegetables
- Instant Pot Corned Beef and Cabbage
More Roast Recipes
Looking for more roast dinner inspo? Check these recipes out next:
- Lemon Pepper Roasted Chicken with Potatoes
- Roasted Pork Loin with Apple + Onions
- Herb Roasted Leg of Lamb
Rosemary Garlic Beef Tenderloin Recipe Tips
- Actual cooking time will vary depending on a number of factors, including the starting internal temperature of the beef.
- Allow the beef to rest at room temperature for 20-30 minutes before roasting and use an instant-read thermometer to check for doneness.
- For medium-rare, remove from oven at 60C/140F. The temperature will rise to 63C/145F as it rests.
How Do I Make Rosemary Garlic Beef Tenderloin?
Just check out the recipe card below with full ingredients, instructions, and demonstration photos. You can print the card out too (don’t worry, the pics don’t print to save your ink!).
- 3 Tbsp coconut oil, divided
- 16 oz / 450g white mushrooms, sliced
- 2 large shallots, sliced
- 3 Tbsp fresh rosemary leaves, chopped
- 3 Tbsp garlic, minced
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 3 lbs / 1.4kg beef tenderloin roast
- 1 large red onion, sliced
- Pre-heat oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4.
- Melt one tablespoon coconut oil in a large, high-sided skillet over medium heat. Add the mushroom and shallots and season with salt and black pepper, to taste. Cook, stirring occasionally until the mushrooms and shallots develop a bit of color and soften, approximately 4-5 minutes. Remove from heat and transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- Melt the remaining coconut oil in a small bowl in a microwave. Add the rosemary and garlic to the coconut oil and season with salt and black pepper, to taste. Rub the rosemary-garlic mixture on top and all along the sides of the beef.
- Arrange the sliced red onion on the bottom of the same skillet and place the seasoned beef tenderloin on top of the onions.
- Arrange the mushroom and shallot mixture around the sides of the beef and place in the preheated oven for 45-50 minutes for medium-rare or longer for more well-done results.
- Remove from oven and rest for 10-15 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
Actual cooking time will vary depending on a number of factors, including the starting internal temperature of the beef. Therefore, allow the beef to rest at room temperature for 20-30 minutes before roasting and use an instant-read thermometer to check for doneness. For medium-rare, remove from oven at 60C/140F. The temperature will rise to 63C/145F as it rests.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 887Total Fat: 66gSaturated Fat: 29gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 28gCholesterol: 210mgSodium: 190mgCarbohydrates: 10gFiber: 3gSugar: 4gProtein: 61g
This site uses Nutritionix to provide estimated nutrition. Nutritional information is always approximate and will depend on the quality of ingredients used and serving sizes. If you need exact calories and macros, please do your own calculations.
Make It A Meal!
You’ve made the main dish, but what about the rest of the courses?
Here are additional recipes to make a full meal!
- Appetizer: Savory Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms
- Side Dish: Garlic Mashed Potatoes
- Side Vegetable: Simple Oven Roasted Asparagus
- Beverage: Sparkling Pomegranate Cocktail with Citrus Vodka & Lime
- Dessert: Homemade Apple Pie a la Mode (with No-Churn Vanilla Ice Cream!)
There are 500+ Recipes on The Purple Pumpkin Blog for you to enjoy – please feel free to check them out too!