It’s so easy to turn the humble brownie into a fun Halloween treat, with just some frosting and sprinkles! Follow this fun recipe and you’ll end up with a plateful of Purple People Eater Brownies that are the perfect addition to any Halloween party table or spooky lunchbox!
I’ve got 50+ freakishly good Halloween Recipes for you to try out – right-click and open these other recipes in a new tab so that you can read them after this one!
I have included affiliate links to useful products and services related to the topic of this post.
If you purchase via the links I may earn a commission.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Read Full Disclosure Policy
Purple People Eater Brownies
The full ingredients list and instructions are found in the printable recipe card at the end of this post. I highly recommend reading the blog post all the way through so that you don’t miss any tips or substitution suggestions and ensure that you have all the ingredients and equipment required and understand the steps and timings involved.
Halloween is a great time to get creative with your food! These easy-to-make Purple People Eater Brownies are a fun recipe for the kids to get involved with!
To make these monster treats, brownies are covered with purple frosting, sprinkles, and candy eyeballs – simple!
They’re sure to be an instant hit at any Halloween party you serve them at!
The post is part of the Crafty October series on The Purple Pumpkin Blog is filled with free printables, crafts, recipes, and more for Halloween! You can check out Crafty October from 2020, 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, and 2012 for tons of awesome Halloween ideas and inspiration!
Ingredients & Equipment Used In This Recipe
While most ingredients can be bought in grocery stores, for your convenience, any specialized or notable ingredients (and equipment) needed for this recipe have been listed below and linked to Amazon or other stores if available online.
It does not include staple ingredients such as oil, salt, sugar, etc., as you’re likely to have those in your kitchen. The complete list of ingredients with measurements is found in the recipe card.
- Box of Brownie Mix – and the ingredients to make them, or you could use your favorite brownie recipe, or buy a tray of brownies ready-made.
- Powdered Sugar – also known as Icing Sugar or Confectioners Sugar – to make the frosting. You could of course buy a tub of ready-made purple frosting if you don’t want to make it from scratch.
- Purple Food Coloring Gel
- Candy Eyeballs – use the larger ones if you can find them!
- Purple Jimmies Sprinkles
Recipes on The Purple Pumpkin Blog use both cup measurements and/or weighted measurements. American cups and kitchen food scales are handy pieces of equipment to have in your kitchen as it means you’ll be able to make all of the different recipes on my blog. I try to give American, imperial, and metric measurements in my recipes. Please note, you can mix cup measurements with weighted measurements, but never mix imperial (pounds, ounces, pints, etc.,) with metric (kilograms, grams, litres, etc.,).
More Halloween Brownie Treats
Here are some more decorated brownies for Halloween:
- These Werewolf Brownies Are A Super Simple Halloween Treat!
- Bat Brownies! A Super Easy Dessert Recipe for Halloween!
- Conjure Up Hocus Pocus Cupcakes With a Book of Spells Brownie on Top!
More Halloween Dessert Recipes
Looking for more desserts for Halloween? Check these recipes out next:
- Sweet & Sassy Candy Corn Unicorn Cupcakes for Halloween
- Mickey Mouse Pumpkin Rice Krispies Treats – A Disney Halloween Treat!
- Rice Krispie Ghosts Treats for Halloween
How Do I Make Purple People Eater Brownies?
Check out the printable recipe card below with full ingredients and instructions. Any demonstration photos do not print out to save your ink.
- 1 box of brownie mix plus the ingredients to make them
- ½ cup butter, softened
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups powdered sugar (icing sugar)
- 1 Tbsp milk or heavy cream (double cream)
- Purple food coloring gel
- Candy eyeballs
- Purple jimmies sprinkles
- Prepare brownies as instructed. Bake and cool, but do not cut yet.
- To make the purple frosting, cream together the butter and vanilla extract.
- Gradually add in the powdered sugar.
- Add milk or heavy cream as needed to get spreading consistency.
- Mix in purple food coloring gel a little at a time to desired shade. Remember you can always add more coloring, but not take it away.
- Cut the brownies into 16 equal pieces.
- Spread purple frosting on the top of each brownie covering it completely.
- Place a candy eyeball in the center of each brownie.
- Sprinkle purple Jimmies all over the top to give the appearance of fur.
- Enjoy and Happy Halloween!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 123Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 17mgSodium: 52mgCarbohydrates: 16gFiber: 0gSugar: 14gProtein: 0g
This site uses Nutritionix to provide estimated nutrition. Nutritional information is always approximate and will depend on the quality of ingredients used and serving sizes. If you need exact calories and macros, please do your own calculations.
Make It A Halloween Dinner!
You’ve made the dessrt, but what about the rest of the courses?
Here are additional recipes to make a full meal for a Halloween dinner party!
- Appetizer: Quick & Easy Pepperoni Mini Mummy Pizzas
- Soup: Hearty 15 Bean Soup Recipe
- Salad: Iceberg Lettuce Wedge Salad with Bacon & Blue Cheese Dressing
- Main Dish: Cast Iron Ribeye Steak with Green Herb Sauce
- Side Dish: Butter Parsley Baby Potatoes in the Instant Pot
- Beverage: Zombie Apocalypse Cocktail
There are 500+ Recipes on The Purple Pumpkin Blog for you to enjoy – please feel free to check them out too.