For a quick and delicious side dish for spring, make these Butter Parsley Baby Potatoes that pair well with chicken and fish. This potato recipe will be one of those your family will want you to make again! They are made in the Instant Pot for a speedy side but can be made in a regular pan on the stovetop too. However you make them, they are simply delicious!
I have included affiliate links to useful products and services related to the topic of this post.
If you purchase via the links I may earn a commission.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Read Full Disclosure Policy
Butter Parsley Baby Potatoes
The full ingredients list and instructions are found in the printable recipe card at the end of this post. I highly recommend reading the blog post all the way through so that you don’t miss any tips or substitution suggestions; to ensure that you have all the ingredients and equipment required, and to understand the steps and timings involved.
Depending on where you live in the world, you may call small potatoes “baby potatoes” or “new potatoes”. They are not a variety on their own, but simply the new baby version of large potatoes!
They’re great for dishes like these butter parsley baby potatoes, because they don’t need to be peeled before cooking, and can often just be cooked whole because of their size.
However, any larger potatoes in the bag can be cut in half, or quartered.
If you’re in the US you might want to try Honey Gold baby potatoes, in the UK, we have the famous Jersey Royal new potatoes.
New potatoes are generally described as waxy potatoes as they hold their shape well when cooked (so perfect for potato salad).
Other varieties you could make this recipe with, but cut the potatoes into bite-sized pieces if you can’t find the baby versions, are Charlotte, Anya, Fingerling, and Red Potatoes.
Ingredients & Equipment Used In This Recipe
While most ingredients can be bought in grocery stores, for your convenience, any specialized or notable ingredients (and equipment) needed for this recipe have been listed below and linked to Amazon or other stores if available online. The complete list of ingredients with measurements is found in the recipe card.
- Fresh Produce – Baby Potatoes, Parsley.
- Garlic Powder
- Chicken Stock/Broth – optional, you can use water instead.
- Parmesan – optional, to sprinkle on top of the potatoes.
Recipes on The Purple Pumpkin Blog use both cup measurements and/or weighted measurements. American cups and kitchen food scales are handy pieces of equipment to have in your kitchen as it means you’ll be able to make all of the different recipes on my blog. I try to give American, imperial, and metric measurements in my recipes. You can mix cup measurements with weighted measurements, but never mix imperial (pounds, ounces, pints, etc.,) with metric (kilograms, grams, litres, etc.,).
More Recipes Using Potatoes
One of the hero ingredients in this dish are potatoes, so here are some more recipes using the same:
- Cypriot Potato Salad
- Instant Pot Garlic Mashed Potatoes – A Quick & Tasty Side Dish
- Parsnip & Potato Gratin
More Side Dish Recipes
Looking for more side dish inspo? Check these recipes out next:
- Super Easy Crisp & Crunchy Broccoli Slaw Recipe
- Roasted Apple Cauliflower Mash with Crispy Brussels Sprouts
- Hawaiian Baked Beans (Luau Lava Beans) A Hot & Smoky Side Dish!
This is an Instant Pot recipe, but if don’t have this kitchen appliance and still want to make this dish, you totally can!
- Follow the recipe card, but instead of placing the seasoned potatoes in the Instant Pot, put them in a saucepan on the stove instead and cook in the stock or water until tender.
- Drain and return to the saucepan to finish the recipe as directed.
- It may take a little longer to cook the potatoes, but you’ll still have yummy buttery taters to enjoy!
How Do I Make Butter Parsley Baby Potatoes?
Just check out the printable recipe card below with full ingredients and instructions. Any demonstration photos do not print out to save your ink.
- 1½ lbs (700g) Honey Gold baby potatoes, cut in half
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1 cup water or chicken broth
- 3 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese, to serve, optional
- Add the potatoes to the Instant Pot® and sprinkle with the garlic powder. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and stir to combine.
- Pour water or broth into the unit and cover. Lock the lid into place and flip the pressure valve to “Sealing.” Select the “Manual” setting on high and adjust the cooking time to 2 minutes.
- When the cooking time is complete, allow pressure to release naturally for 5 minutes. Then do a quick release for any remaining pressure. Once the pin drops and no more steam is coming out, carefully remove the lid and set it aside.
- Turn the unit off and drain the potatoes completely. Return the potatoes to the unit and add melted butter and parsley. Season with additional salt and black pepper, if desired, and toss to combine.
- To serve, transfer the potatoes to a serving bowl and top with some freshly grated Parmesan cheese, if desired. Enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 98Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 25mgSodium: 334mgCarbohydrates: 3gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 1g
This site uses Nutritionix to provide estimated nutrition. Nutritional information is always approximate and will depend on the quality of ingredients used and serving sizes. If you need exact calories and macros, please do your own calculations.
Make It A Meal!
You’ve made one of the side dishes, but what about the rest of the courses?
Here are additional recipes to make a full meal!
- Appetizer: Balsamic Mozzarella Stuffed Grape Tomatoes
- Main Dish: Parmesan Haddock with Tomatoes & Basil Salad
- Side Vegetable: Simple Oven Roasted Asparagus – A Delicious Side Dish for Fish & Steak!
- Beverage: Pink Grapefruit Martini Cocktail (with Vodka or Gin)
- Dessert: Mini Blueberry Cheesecakes with Crumble Topping
There are 500+ Recipes on The Purple Pumpkin Blog for you to enjoy – please feel free to check them out too!