This fabulous recipe for Rosemary Lime-Marinated Chicken Breasts uses fragrant rosemary and the citrus flavor of lime to transform a boring meal into a zingy treat. It is ready in just around 20 minutes and the ingredients include apple cider vinegar, limes, rosemary, and garlic.
I have included affiliate links to useful products and services related to the topic of this post.
This post contains affiliate links, and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Read Full Disclosure Policy
Rosemary Lime-Marinated Chicken Breasts
The full ingredients list and instructions are found in the printable recipe card at the end of this post. I highly recommend reading the blog post all the way through so that you don’t miss any tips or substitution suggestions, to ensure that you have all the ingredients and equipment required and understand the steps and timings involved.
If you’re looking for an easy and summery chicken dish, look no further than these Rosemary Lime-Marinated Chicken Breasts.
The quick and versatile grilled chicken recipe delivers great flavor and is healthy and delicious!
The best part about this recipe is the flavors go with just about anything you want to pair with it, including grilled garden vegetables, Oven-Roasted Parmesan Green Beans, leafy green salads, or more substantial sides, such as potato or pasta salad.
To save time, double or triple this recipe for quick lunches or dinners throughout the week.
Ingredients & Equipment Used In This Recipe
While most ingredients can be bought in grocery stores, for your convenience, any specialized or notable ingredients and equipment needed for this recipe have been linked to Amazon or other stores if available online. Staple ingredients such as oil, salt, sugar, etc., aren’t always included here as you’re likely to have those in your kitchen. The complete list of ALL ingredients with measurements is found on the recipe card.
- Fresh Produce – Limes, Oregano, Rosemary, Garlic
- Protein – Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts
- Apple Cider Vinegar
Recipes on The Purple Pumpkin Blog use both cup measurements and/or weighted measurements. American cups and kitchen food scales are handy pieces of equipment to have in your kitchen as it means you’ll be able to make all of the different recipes on my blog. I try to give American, imperial, and metric measurements in my recipes. Please note, you can mix cup measurements with weighted measurements, but never mix imperial (pounds, ounces, pints, etc.,) with metric (kilograms, grams, litres, etc.,).
More Recipes Using Rosemary
One of the hero ingredients in this dish is rosemary, so here are some more recipes using the same:
- Apple and Rosemary Stuffed Pork Chops
- Tri-Color Roasted Rosemary Potatoes Recipe – A Quick Side Dish
- Roasted Rosemary & Chilli Almonds
More Chicken Recipes
Looking for more chicken dishes to make? Check these recipes out next:
- Instant Pot Chicken Tikka Masala Recipe – A Classic Indian Curry
- Chicken Avocado Salad with Homemade Honey-Mustard Vinaigrette
- Slow Cooker Chicken Thighs Recipe with Rosemary and Lemon
- For best results, crush the fresh herbs with your fingers to release their oils before adding them to the marinade.
- Storing Leftovers: Cool and transfer to an airtight container and store in the fridge for up to 4 days.
- Freezing: Cool and wrap the chicken breasts in freezer bags, freezer wrap, or cling film, and place in the freezer. It will last for up to 4 months, just be sure to allow it to thaw fully in the fridge overnight or using the ‘defrost’ setting on your microwave (make sure there are no frozen lumps or cold spots in the middle of the chicken) before reheating until piping hot. Label the package with the name of the dish and the date so you can keep track of your food storage.
How Do I Make Rosemary Lime-Marinated Chicken Breasts?
Check out the printable recipe card below with full ingredients and instructions. Any demonstration photos do not print out to save your ink.
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 2 tsp lime zest
- 2 Tbsp fresh oregano leaves
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary leaves
- 3 large garlic cloves, crushed and peeled
- 1 tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 4 (8-oz/225g) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- To prepare the marinade, add the olive oil, vinegar, lime juice and zest, oregano, rosemary, garlic, salt, and black pepper to a large bowl and whisk to combine.
- Add chicken breasts to a large (1-gallon/4.5-litre) sealable freezer bag and pour marinade mixture over top. Seal bag and turn to coat breasts thoroughly. Place the bag in the refrigerator to marinate for at least 1 hour to overnight. Turn the bag a couple times to evenly distribute the marinade during this time.
- Remove the chicken from the refrigerator and discard excess marinade.
- Grill the breasts over medium direct heat for 10-12 minutes, turning once.
- Remove from heat and rest for 5 minutes before serving with your choice of sides. Enjoy!
- Tip: For best results, crush the fresh herbs with your fingers to release their oils before adding them to the marinade.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 124Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 26mgSodium: 606mgCarbohydrates: 2gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 10g
This site uses Nutritionix to provide estimated nutrition. Nutritional information is always approximate and will depend on the quality of ingredients used and serving sizes. If you need exact calories and macros, please do your own calculations.
Make It A Special Dinner!
You’ve made the main dish, but what about the rest of the courses?
Here are additional recipes to create a menu for a dinner party or special meal:
- Appetizer: Feta Cucumber Cups Appetizer for Summer Parties
- Soup: Instant Pot Garden Vegetable Soup for Spring & Summer
- Salad: Strawberry Feta Salad with Pecans and a Balsamic Glaze
- Side Dish: Creamy Instant Pot Rosemary Garlic Mashed Potatoes Recipe
- Beverage: How To Make a Classic Mojito Cocktail with White Rum, Lime & Mint
- Dessert: Fresh Summer Fruit Salad with Honey-Yogurt Dip – A Tasty Healthy Dessert
There are 500+ Recipes on The Purple Pumpkin Blog for you to enjoy – please feel free to check them out too.