These cucumber cups with whipped feta, cream cheese, and mint are a tasty Summer appetizer that is full of fresh flavor! This Feta Cucumber Cups Appetizer can be put together in 20 minutes and makes a great party food for Summer garden parties and even as a savory dish for afternoon tea!
We have included affiliate links to valuable products and services related to the topic of this post.
This post contains affiliate links, and we will be compensated if you purchase after clicking on those links.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Feta Cucumber Cups Appetizer
The full ingredients list and instructions are found in the printable recipe card at the end of this post. I highly recommend reading the blog post all the way through so that you don’t miss any tips or substitution suggestions and to ensure that you have all the ingredients and equipment required as well as understand the steps and timings involved.
If you’re looking for some delicious and easy appetizers to make for a summer party then I don’t think you can go wrong with these cucumber cups.
They are filled with a mixture of whipped cream cheese and feta that has been seasoned with garlic and mint. They taste so fresh and yummy and look pretty too!
The combination of cool cucumber with salty feta and fragrant mint is awesome and your guests will love this Feta Cucumber Cups Appetizer when you serve it to them.
So that you’re not in a rush, prepare the cups and the filling in advance (no more than a day) and store in an airtight container. Assemble just before guests arrive.
These filled cucumber cups would also make a delicious healthy snack, and they’re pretty low carb too!
More Recipes Using Cucumber
Since the main ingredient in this recipe is cucumber here are some more recipes using the same:
- Chickpea + Cucumber Salad with Tahini Dressing
- Cucumber Cantaloupe Mint Fizz Cocktail
- Tzatziki + Pitta Bread
More Party Appetizer Recipes
Need some more appetizer ideas? Take a look at these recipes next:
- Black Bean Salsa Cups Appetizer
- Cheese-Stuffed Taco Meatballs Party Appetizer
- Balsamic Mozzarella Stuffed Grape Tomatoes
How Do I Make Feta Cucumber Cups Appetizers?
Just check out the recipe card below with full ingredients, and instructions. You can print the card out too (don’t worry, the pics don’t print to save your ink!).
- 8 oz / 225g cream cheese, softened
- 8 oz / 225g Feta, crumbled
- 3 Tbsp half & half (single cream)
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh mint (or 2 tsp dried mint)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 20 (1" - 1½" thick) cucumber slices (See notes)
- Mint leaves to garnish, optional
- Place cream cheese, Feta, half & half, mint, and garlic powder in a large mixing bowl and season with salt and black pepper, to taste.
- Beat with a hand mixer or immersion blender until mixture is light and fluffy. Set aside.
- Trim the base of each cucumber slice so that it sits flat. Carefully scoop out the interior of each cucumber slice with a small measuring spoon or melon baller, leaving enough space on the bottom and sides to form a small “cup.” Do not scoop all the way through!
- Transfer some of the whipped Feta mixture to a pastry bag fitted with a large star or round tip (or use a plastic sandwich bag with one of the bottom corners removed).
- Carefully pipe the whipped Feta into each cucumber cup and set on a serving platter.
- Serve immediately garnished with sprigs of mint, if using.
- A medium-size cucumber will yield about 4-5 cucumber cups, an English cucumber will yield about 8-10 cucumber cups.
- Cucumbers can be peeled, partially peeled, or unpeeled depending on personal preference.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 20 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 79Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 22mgSodium: 156mgCarbohydrates: 3gFiber: 0gSugar: 2gProtein: 3g
This site uses Nutritionix to provide estimated nutrition. Nutritional information is always approximate and will depend on the quality of ingredients used and serving sizes. If you need exact calories and macros, please do your own calculations.
Make It A Summer Meal!
Why not serve a portion of the feta cucumber cups as a starter at a summer dinner party?
Here are additional recipes to make a full meal!
- Main Dish: Youvetsi – Greek Lamb Orzo with Feta
- Side Salad: Cypriot Village Salad
- Beverage: Blackberry Vodka Cocktail
- Dessert: Pineapple Upside Down Cake Fudge
There are 500+ Recipes on The Purple Pumpkin Blog for you to enjoy – please feel free to check them out too!