There’s nothing more heartening than coming home to the glorious aroma of rosemary and lemon in this Slow Cooker Chicken Thighs Recipe which has been quietly simmering away for hours. With the inclusion of potatoes and carrots, it’s a one-pot meal that the whole family will enjoy.
I have included affiliate links to useful products and services related to the topic of this post.
This post contains affiliate links, and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Read Full Disclosure Policy
Slow Cooker Chicken Thighs Recipe
The full ingredients list and instructions are found in the printable recipe card at the end of this post. I highly recommend reading the blog post all the way through so that you don’t miss any tips or substitution suggestions and ensure that you have all the ingredients and equipment required and understand the steps and timings involved.
This slow cooker chicken thighs recipe, flavored with rosemary and lemon and served up with potatoes, and carrots is an easy weeknight meal for the whole family.
Cooking with a slow cooker is a great way to spend less time in the kitchen – other than browning off the chicken thighs, it’s just a matter of placing everything into the slow cooker pot and turning it on to cook for several hours while you get on with your day.
This no-fuss recipe uses just a few staple ingredients, and feel free to change the types of veggies or herbs to your personal choice. Rosemary and lemon are the main flavors, but you could just as easily use thyme or oregano, both work superbly with chicken.
Ingredients & Equipment Used In This Recipe
While most ingredients can be bought in grocery stores, for your convenience, any specialized or notable ingredients (and equipment) needed for this recipe have been listed below and linked to Amazon or other stores if available online.
It does not include staple ingredients such as oil, salt, sugar, etc., as you’re likely to have those in your kitchen. The complete list of ingredients with measurements is found in the recipe card.
- Protein – Bone-In Chicken Thighs
- Fresh Produce – Garlic, White Onion, Carrots, Fingerling Potatoes, Lemons, Rosemary, Parsley
- Dairy – Unsalted Butter
- Chicken Broth/Stock
Recipes on The Purple Pumpkin Blog use both cup measurements and/or weighted measurements. American cups and kitchen food scales are handy pieces of equipment to have in your kitchen as it means you’ll be able to make all of the different recipes on my blog. I try to give American, imperial, and metric measurements in my recipes. Please note, you can mix cup measurements with weighted measurements, but never mix imperial (pounds, ounces, pints, etc.,) with metric (kilograms, grams, litres, etc.,).
More Recipes Using Chicken
One of the hero ingredients in this dish is chicken, so here are some more recipes using the same:
- Cast Iron Chicken Provençal with Tomatoes & Olives
- Garlic-Herb Roasted Whole Chicken
- Quick & Easy Chicken in Peach Sauce with Rice
More Slow Cooker Recipes
Looking for more slow cooker dishes to make? Check these recipes out next:
- Slow Cooker Pot Roast Recipe
- Slow Cooker Spicy Pineapple Pork with Cilantro-Lime Rice
- Slow Cooker Charro Beans
How Do I Make Slow Cooker Rosemary Lemon Chicken?
Check out the printable recipe card below with full ingredients and instructions. Any demonstration photos do not print out to save your ink.
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter or extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 8 bone-in chicken thighs
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- ½ cup chicken broth/stock
- 3-5 cloves garlic, finely minced
- ½ medium white onion, chopped
- 3 large carrots, chopped into chunks
- 1 lb (450g) fingerling potatoes, cut into chunks
- 1 large lemon, sliced
- 3 Tbsp fresh rosemary leaves, crushed
- 2 Tbsp fresh parsley, finely chopped
- Melt one tablespoon butter (or heat olive oil) in a large skillet over medium heat. Season chicken thighs with salt and black pepper and transfer four of them to the skillet. Brown chicken, approximately 3 minutes per side, and transfer to a platter.
- Repeat process with remaining butter (or olive oil) and chicken thighs. Once browned, transfer the remaining chicken thighs to the platter with the first batch.
- Deglaze skillet by adding the chicken broth and gently scraping the bottom with a spatula to incorporate the flavorful brown bits into the liquid. Remove from heat and reserve the deglazing liquid. Set aside.
- Add garlic, onion, carrots, and potatoes to a 6-quart or larger slow cooker crock and arrange the browned chicken thighs on top.
- Spread 2/3 of the lemon slices over the chicken and pour the chicken broth from the skillet on top. Sprinkle with the crushed rosemary leaves and season with additional salt and black pepper, if desired.
- Cover and cook on high for 3 hours or low for 6 hours.
- When cook time is complete, discard lemon slices and serve immediately with chopped fresh parsley and the remaining (uncooked) lemon slices, cut into small wedges for garnish. Enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 513Total Fat: 30gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 20gCholesterol: 232mgSodium: 447mgCarbohydrates: 21gFiber: 3gSugar: 2gProtein: 43g
This site uses Nutritionix to provide estimated nutrition. Nutritional information is always approximate and will depend on the quality of ingredients used and serving sizes. If you need exact calories and macros, please do your own calculations.
Make It A Full Meal
You’ve made the main dish, but what about the rest of the courses?
Here are additional recipes to make a full meal for a dinner party or special occasion:
- Appetizer: How to Make the Ultimate Warm Spinach Artichoke Dip
- Soup: Grandma’s Pumpkin Soup
- Salad: A Simple Green Bean Salad with Tomatoes & Feta
- Side Dish: 5-Ingredient Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Balsamic Glaze
- Beverage: Deep Red Voodoo Cocktail for Halloween with Vodka & Vanilla Liqueur
- Dessert: Pumpkin Mocha Cupcakes with Pumpkin Spice Frosting
There are 500+ Recipes on The Purple Pumpkin Blog for you to enjoy – please feel free to check them out too.