Fresh and tasty, yet warm and comforting, this delicious Chicken Avocado Salad is an ideal lunch or light supper option. The homemade honey-mustard vinaigrette is made with two types of mustard, honey, and white balsamic vinegar and pairs perfectly with the chicken, bacon, avocado, and salad greens.
We have included affiliate links to valuable products and services related to the topic of this post.
This post contains affiliate links, and we will be compensated if you purchase after clicking on those links.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Chicken Avocado Salad
The full ingredients list and instructions are found in the printable recipe card at the end of this post. I highly recommend reading the blog post all the way through so that you don’t miss any tips or substitution suggestions, to ensure that you have all the ingredients and equipment required and understand the steps and timings involved.
Ingredients & Equipment Used In This Recipe
While most ingredients can be bought in grocery stores, for your convenience, any specialized or notable ingredients and equipment needed for this recipe have been linked to Amazon or other stores if available online.
It may not include staple ingredients such as oil, salt, sugar, etc., as you’re likely to have those in your kitchen. The complete list of ingredients with measurements is found in the recipe card.
- Fresh Produce – Shallots, Mixed Salad Greens, Cherry Tomatoes, Avocados, Limes
- Protein – Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts, Thick-Cut Bacon Slices
- Honey – try to buy locally produced honey when possible.
- Whole Grain Mustard
- Dijon Mustard
- White Balsamic Vinegar
Recipes on The Purple Pumpkin Blog use both cup measurements and/or weighted measurements. American cups and kitchen food scales are handy pieces of equipment to have in your kitchen as it means you’ll be able to make all of the different recipes on my blog. I try to give American, imperial, and metric measurements in my recipes. Please note, you can mix cup measurements with weighted measurements, but never mix imperial (pounds, ounces, pints, etc.,) with metric (kilograms, grams, litres, etc.,).
More Recipes Using Avocado
One of the hero ingredients in this dish is avocado, so here are some more recipes using the same:
- Pineapple and Shrimp Stuffed Avocados Make a Great Light Lunch
- 30-Minute Spicy Cajun Snapper with Mango-Avocado Salsa
- Citrus Salad with Salmon and Avocado
More Salad Recipes
Looking for more salads to make? Check these recipes out next:
- Watermelon Feta Salad with Lime-Cilantro Vinaigrette
- Dill Cucumber Salad – A Fresh Side Dish for Summer
- Niçoise Salad with Seared Ahi Tuna, Green Beans, Eggs, & Potatoes
How Do I Make Chicken Avocado Salad?
Check out the printable recipe card below with full ingredients and instructions. Any demonstration photos do not print out to save your ink.
For the Vinaigrette
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 1 Tbsp whole grain mustard
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp white balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp shallots, finely minced
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
For the Salad
- 8 thick-cut slices bacon, diced
- 1½ lbs (680g) boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 4 cups mixed salad greens (lettuce of choice)
- 2 cups grape or cherry tomatoes, diced
- 2 large avocados, pitted and sliced
- 2 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- Combine the honey, both mustards, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and shallots in a small, non-reactive bowl. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and whisk to combine. Taste and adjust seasonings, as desired. Cover and set aside until ready to use.
- Cook the bacon in a large pan over medium heat for 5-6 minutes, stirring occasionally until just crispy. Remove bacon from the pan with a slotted spatula and transfer to a bed of paper towels to drain. Blot off excess grease and set it aside.
- Drain all but approximately one tablespoon bacon grease from the pan and return to medium heat. (Carefully wipe any grease off the side of the pan with a heavy, damp cloth before returning to heat to prevent flare-ups).
- Add the chicken to the pan and season with salt and black pepper, to taste. Cook for 6-7 minutes, stirring occasionally until chicken is cooked through and no longer pink. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Add the salad greens and tomatoes to a large salad bowl and top with the cooked bacon and chicken.
- Toss the avocado slices with fresh lime juice to prevent browning and add to the salad bowl. Drizzle with half of the salad dressing and gently toss to combine.
- Serve immediately on chilled individual salad plates with remaining dressing on the side. Enjoy!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 815Total Fat: 42gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 30gCholesterol: 167mgSodium: 980mgCarbohydrates: 48gFiber: 13gSugar: 29gProtein: 67g
This site uses Nutritionix to provide estimated nutrition. Nutritional information is always approximate and will depend on the quality of ingredients used and serving sizes. If you need exact calories and macros, please do your own calculations.
Make It A Special Dinner!
You’ve made the salad, but what about the rest of the courses?
Here are additional recipes to create a menu for a special meal or dinner party:
- Appetizer: Crispy Zucchini Fries with Marinara Sauce – A Tasty Gluten-Free Appetizer
- Soup: Instant Pot Garden Vegetable Soup for Spring & Summer
- Main Dish: Instant Pot Cuban Black Beans and Rice (Vegetarian & Vegan Recipe)
- Side Dish: Spicy Mango Salsa Recipe
- Beverage: Watermelon Kiwi Cocktail with White Wine
- Dessert: Strawberry Lemonade Cupcakes with Strawberries & Cream Filling!
There are 500+ Recipes on The Purple Pumpkin Blog for you to enjoy – please feel free to check them out too.