Give your vegetable side dish a make-over with this inspired yet super simple oven-roasted Parmesan Green Beans recipe. Ready in just 30 minutes, the ingredients include green beans, garlic, and parmesan.
We have included affiliate links to valuable products and services related to the topic of this post.
This post contains affiliate links, and we will be compensated if you purchase after clicking on those links.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Parmesan Green Beans
The full ingredients list and instructions are found in the printable recipe card at the end of this post. I highly recommend reading the blog post all the way through so that you don’t miss any tips or substitution suggestions, to ensure that you have all the ingredients and equipment required and understand the steps and timings involved.
This elegant side dish elevates basic green beans to a whole new level. This dish is great for entertaining because it looks and tastes like you spent a lot more time on it than you actually did.
Roasting the green beans assures they will be crisp-tender and full of robust flavor.
As an added bonus, the high-quality extra virgin olive oil and freshly grated Parmesan cheese greatly enhance the natural appeal of this classic side.
Ingredients & Equipment Used In This Recipe
While most ingredients can be bought in grocery stores, for your convenience, any specialized or notable ingredients and equipment needed for this recipe have been linked to Amazon or other stores if available online. Staple ingredients such as oil, salt, sugar, etc., aren’t always included here as you’re likely to have those in your kitchen. The complete list of ALL ingredients with measurements is found on the recipe card.
- Fresh Produce – Green Beans, Garlic
- Dairy – Parmesan
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil – use good quality olive oil for salads and dressings.
Recipes on The Purple Pumpkin Blog use both cup measurements and/or weighted measurements. American cups and kitchen food scales are handy pieces of equipment to have in your kitchen as it means you’ll be able to make all of the different recipes on my blog. I try to give American, imperial, and metric measurements in my recipes. Please note, you can mix cup measurements with weighted measurements, but never mix imperial (pounds, ounces, pints, etc.,) with metric (kilograms, grams, litres, etc.,).
More Recipes Using Green Beans
The hero ingredient in this dish is green beans, so here are some more recipes using the same:
- A Simple Green Bean Salad with Tomatoes & Feta
- Niçoise Salad with Seared Ahi Tuna, Green Beans, Eggs, & Potatoes
- Instant Pot Pot Roast Recipe with Potatoes, Carrots, and Green Beans
More Vegetable Recipes
Looking for more vegetable dishes to make? Check these recipes out next:
- Mediterranean Roasted Vegetables – An Easy, Delicious Side Dish
- Italian Roasted Vegetable Recipe
- 15-Minute Grilled Marinated Asparagus with Italian Gremolata
- The green beans will become mushy if roasted too long. Test for doneness after 10 minutes and adjust the final cook time accordingly.
How Do I Make Parmesan Green Beans?
Check out the printable recipe card below with full ingredients and instructions. Any demonstration photos do not print out to save your ink.
- 1 lb (450g) fresh green beans, washed, trimmed and patted dry
- 3 large cloves garlic, finely minced
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1 Tbsp high-quality extra virgin olive oil
- 3 Tbsp freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 220°C/425°F/Gas 7. Line a large, rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or a non-stick baking mat and set it aside.
- Place the green beans, garlic, and olive oil into a large bowl and toss together until coated. Season with salt and black pepper to taste.
- Spread the seasoned green beans on prepared baking sheet into a single layer without crowding.
- Place the baking sheet in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes or just until the beans are crisp-tender, turning once halfway through.
- Remove from oven and transfer beans to a serving platter or bowl.
- Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese right before serving. Enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 120Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 3mgSodium: 142mgCarbohydrates: 4gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 2g
This site uses Nutritionix to provide estimated nutrition. Nutritional information is always approximate and will depend on the quality of ingredients used and serving sizes. If you need exact calories and macros, please do your own calculations.
Make It A Special Dinner!
You’ve made the side, but what about the rest of the courses?
Here are additional recipes to create a menu for a dinner party or special meal:
- Appetizer: A Recipe for Avocado Deviled Eggs with a Spicy Kick!
- Soup: Loaded Cauliflower Leek Soup Recipe – Can Be Served Hot or Chilled!
- Salad: Roasted Broccoli and Bacon Salad with Raisins & Yogurt Dressing
- Main Dish: Slow Cooker Pork Chops with Creamy Mushroom Sauce
- Beverage: How To Make Classic Margaritas on the Rocks
- Dessert: Stock Up the Cookie Jar with this Carrot Cake Cookies Recipe
There are 500+ Recipes on The Purple Pumpkin Blog for you to enjoy – please feel free to check them out too.