We all deserve some pampering, especially when we are stuck at home, so why not de-stress and treat yourself with these At Home Spa Day Ideas? With top to toe self-care ideas, this awesome list will have you feeling chilled out, pampered and relaxed in no time at all!
I have included affiliate links to useful products and services related to the topic of this post.
If you purchase via the links I may earn a commission.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Read Full Disclosure Policy
At Home Spa Day Ideas
This post is split into several pages, use the page numbers at the bottom of the post to continue reading!
With a family to look after, kids running around, work, and other activities, finding time to have a full “home spa day” may be a bit tricky.
But finding time to relax and de-stress is so important, even if it is just 5 or 10 minutes.
Put the kids to bed early and you might get an hour or two, or you might be able to get a morning or afternoon to yourself and if you can manage it, a whole day would be the ultimate!
Or why not get the kids involved – giving them some time to decompress, turn off screens, and just chill out for the day.
With all of these awesome at home spa day ideas you can tailor your relaxation experience to suit you, you and your partner, or have a spa day as a whole family.
Setting Up Your Home Spa
What comes to mind when you think of a spa? For me I think of soft and low lighting, candles, chilled music, and the aroma of essential oils filling the air.
This is something that you can create at home pretty easily.
- Make your space warm and comfortable – turn the heating on if needed, place cushions around to relax back onto, tidy the space.
- Turn down the lights, or close the blinds/curtains – add light back in with candles – real or artificial ones. Always be safe when using a naked flame.
- Light a scented candle – the scents of essential oils are known to stimulate the area of the brain that controls moods and emotions.
- Essential Oils – or you could use a room spray or essential oil diffuser if you don’t want to use candles.
- Put some calming and relaxing music on – keep the volume low enough to be in the background, but loud enough so that you can hear and enjoy the sounds.
Spa Treatments at Home
If it’s just you in your spa then create your own menu of treatments from the list below. Or if you’re having a spa day with your partner or whole family, have everyone pick something they enjoy.
Sit for 20, 30, 40 minutes – or however long you like – in a quiet space – you can have some music playing, and be at one with your self.
There are some great self-guided meditation apps including Headspace that you could try, as well as videos on YouTube.
For further information read How to Meditate (NY Times) but the basics are simple:
- Sit in a position that is comfortable for you and relax.
- Close your eyes or not – whatever is most comfortable.
- Breathe in and out, deeply, mindfully, slowly, gently.
- Your mind may wander, that’s okay.
- When you feel ready you can open your eyes (if you closed them).