We (hubs and I) are on day 2 of a 28 day detox. Last night, I made this vegan/vegetarian rice dish, which I adapted slightly from Carol Vordeman’s 28 day detox book.
- 150g basmati rice
- 100g frozen or fresh peas
- 2 tbsp pumpkin seeds, lightly toasted
- ½ tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 450ml hot vegetable stock
- Heat a saucepan and when hot, dry fry the cumin, coriander and dry rice for 2 minutes, stirring continually. This helps to release the flavour and aroma from the spices.
- Add the hot vegetable stock to the pan and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 7 minutes.
- Remove the rice from the heat, and stir in the peas. Cover again and leave to steam for a further 7 minutes.
- When ready, stir through the pumpkin seeds and serve immediately.
Disclaimer: Please remember, I’m not a dietitian I follow and tweak recipes, or create my own. Calorie counts (if applicable) are worked out using resources online. Always check with your doctor before going on any weight loss programme.
I’ve got more Rice Salad Recipes for you to enjoy – right click and open these other recipes in a new tab so that you can read them after this one!