I love a salad, especially when it’s a little bit different, and this one with honey-glazed peaches, halloumi and walnuts is definitely different! The recipe uses watercress, but I had a bag of rocket too, which I tossed in after taking the photos of the original recipe. The Maille Honey Dijon Mustard made a delicious dressing with vinegar and lemon, and is a very tasty mustard on its own too (we had it spread over burgers a couple of days later!)
This salad is definitely a keeper, I think it may go well with pears or apples in the autumn/winter months – something for me to try out come September time. The other recipes in this trio are Halloumi Wraps and Grilled Lamb with Halloumi Wraps
- 1 tbsp Maille Honey Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Juice of 1⁄2 lemon
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 ripe peaches or nectarines, pitted and sliced
- 2 tsp clear honey
- 1 x 75g bag of watercress
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 250g pack of halloumi cheese, thinly sliced
- 100g walnut halves
- To make the vinaigrette dressing, mix together the Maille Honey Dijon mustard, vinegar, lemon
- juice and olive oil in a jug. Season with a little salt and pepper.
- Put the peach or nectarine slices into a bowl and add 2 teaspoons of honey. Mix together.
- Pre-heat a chargrill pan or the barbecue. Griddle the peaches or nectarines or cook on the barbeque for 2-3 minutes.
- Share the watercress between 4 serving plates or bowls. Arrange the peaches or nectarines on top.
- Brush the halloumi with the olive oil, then char-grill or barbecue for about 1 minute per side. Alternatively, heat the olive oil in a large frying pan and fry the halloumi until golden on each side.
- Add the halloumi to the salads, sprinkle with the walnuts and drizzle with the vinaigrette dressing.