Looking for a delicious Easter treat that is easy to make? These yummy Easter Cookie Bars with vanilla frosting and sprinkles are perfect! They are sure to be a hit with your family and friends!
I’ve got a collection of 25+ Easter Recipes for you to try out – right-click and open them in a new tab to read next.
I have included affiliate links to useful products and services related to the topic of this post.
This post contains affiliate links, and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Read Full Disclosure Policy
Easter Cookie Bars
The full ingredients list and instructions are found in the printable recipe card at the end of this post. I highly recommend reading the blog post all the way through so that you don’t miss any tips or substitution suggestions, to ensure that you have all the ingredients and equipment required and understand the steps and timings involved.
Easter is coming up, and we can’t help but think about all the delicious treats that come with it!
One of our favorite desserts is these yummy Easter cookie bars. They are topped with creamy vanilla frosting and colorful Easter sprinkles, and are as delicious as they are pretty!
It’s a perfect sweet treat for any family gathering or holiday celebration.
Ingredients & Equipment Used In This Recipe
While most ingredients can be bought in grocery stores, for your convenience, any specialized or notable ingredients and equipment needed for this recipe have been linked to Amazon or other stores if available online.
It may not include staple ingredients such as oil, salt, sugar, etc., as you’re likely to have those in your kitchen. The complete list of ingredients with measurements is found in the recipe card.
- Light Brown Sugar
- Pure Vanilla Extract – always buy good vanilla as it really does make a flavor difference.
- All-Purpose Flour – also known as Plain Flour.
- Baking Soda – also known as Bicarbonate of Soda.
- Powdered Sugar – also known as Icing Sugar or Confectioners Sugar.
- Yummallow Hop-a-Long Mix – pictured, found at Sam’s Club. Or any kind of Easter Sprinkles Mix you like.
- Special Equipment – Large Piping Bag with Large Star Tip such as Wilton #1M
Recipes on The Purple Pumpkin Blog use both cup measurements and/or weighted measurements. American cups and kitchen food scales are handy pieces of equipment to have in your kitchen as it means you’ll be able to make all of the different recipes on my blog. I try to give American, imperial, and metric measurements in my recipes. Please note, you can mix cup measurements with weighted measurements, but never mix imperial (pounds, ounces, pints, etc.,) with metric (kilograms, grams, litres, etc.,).
More Cookie Bars To Make
If you want to make more cookie bars, here are some recipes to look at:
- Easy Peanut Butter Jelly Bars Recipe – A Tasty After School Snack!
- Rainbow Funfetti Bars Are Perfect for Unicorn Parties!
- Red, White & Blue M&M’s Cookie Bars
More Easter Treats
Looking for more sweet treats to make for Easter? Check these recipes out next:
- Make These Easy Easter Thumbprint Cookies with Mini Eggs!
- “Carrot Patch” Spring Rice Krispies Treats
- Adorable Easter Bunny Cupcakes!
Easter Cookie Bars Recipe Tips
- The baked cookie is cut into 12 bars, but you can adjust the size to make smaller squares and have more servings if desired.
How Do I Make Easter Cookie Bars?
Check out the printable recipe card below with full ingredients and instructions. Any demonstration photos do not print out to save your ink.
For the Bars
- 1½ cups unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 Tbsp pure vanilla extract
- 4¼ cups all-purpose flour (plain flour)
- 1 tsp baking soda (bicarbonate of soda)
- 1 tsp kosher salt (flaked sea salt)
For the Frosting
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3 cups powdered sugar (icing sugar)
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 4 Tbsp heavy whipping cream (double cream)
- 1 package of Yummallow Hop-a-Long Mix or Easter Sprinkles
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas 4. Line a 9x13 baking pan with parchment paper and set it aside.
- Using an electric handheld or standing mixer, beat the butter, sugars, eggs, and vanilla until combined and creamy.
- Sift or whisk the flour, baking soda, and salt into a large bowl.
- Gradually mix the dry ingredients into the wet until combined and a dough has formed.
- Press the dough into the prepared pan and bake in the oven for 35-45 minutes or until a light golden color.
- Leave to cool in the pan for 10 minutes before turning out and cutting into 12 bars.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely before decorating.
- Using an electric handheld or standing mixer, beat the butter, powdered sugar, vanilla, and cream until combined, smooth and holds a peak.
- Scoop the frosting into a large piping bag fitted with an open star tip (Wilton 1M).
- Pipe a zigzag line across the top of the cookie bars to cover.
- Add sprinkles on top.
- Allow the frosting to harden slightly before serving.
- Enjoy and Happy Easter!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 846Total Fat: 43gSaturated Fat: 26gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 15gCholesterol: 185mgSodium: 247mgCarbohydrates: 110gFiber: 1gSugar: 76gProtein: 7g
This site uses Nutritionix to provide estimated nutrition. Nutritional information is always approximate and will depend on the quality of ingredients used and serving sizes. If you need exact calories and macros, please do your own calculations.
Make It A Special Dinner!
You’ve made the dessert, but what about the rest of the courses?
Here are additional recipes to create a menu for a special meal or dinner party:
- Appetizer: These Deluxe Deviled Eggs Are Always A Crowd-Pleaser!
- Soup: Instant Pot Creamy Asparagus Soup Recipe
- Salad: Roasted Fennel and Grapefruit Salad with Citrus Vinaigrette
- Main Dish: Kleftiko – Greek Slow Cooked Lamb + Potatoes
- Side Dish: Cypriot Village Salad
- Beverage: Fresh & Delicious Passion Tea Lemonade
There are 500+ Recipes on The Purple Pumpkin Blog for you to enjoy – please feel free to check them out too.