This inspired by Starbucks Passion Tea Lemonade is so easy to make and the best part is that it contains no refined sugar! Instead, an infused simple syrup made from honey which plays up the subtle lemongrass and cinnamon flavors found in the Tazo Passion® tea blend is used in this delicious refreshing iced drink. Perfect for hot sunny days!
I have included affiliate links to useful products and services related to the topic of this post.
If you purchase via the links I may earn a commission.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Read Full Disclosure Policy
Passion Tea Lemonade
The full ingredients list and instructions are found in the printable recipe card at the end of this post. I highly recommend reading the blog post all the way through so that you don’t miss any tips or substitution suggestions and to ensure that you have all the ingredients and equipment required as well as understand the steps and timings involved.
If you love sipping on the iced tea lemonades this Starbucks-inspired recipe is for you!
This Passion Tea Lemonade made with Tazo Passion® Tea bags, lemongrass, cinnamon sticks, honey and lemon juice is a refreshing Summer drink and simple to make.
To really make this iced Passion tea pop, top each glass with a slice of lemon and a sprig of mint.
This cool Summertime beverage would also work perfectly for an upcoming garden party that you are hosting.
Of course this Tazo Passion tea drink is also great just to fix for yourself so you can sit back and relax while enjoying this lovely iced drink.
Tazo describes this blend as “Following our Passion for tea led us straight a lush, tropical paradise in this exuberant blend bursting with hibiscus flowers, orange peel, rose hips, passion fruit flavor and a lively hint of cinnamon spice.”
You could make this lemonade with other herbal teas too. Why not experiment with different flavors?
Ingredients Used In This Recipe
You may already have some of the ingredients used in this recipe such as lemons and honey, however, for your convenience, I’ve linked any specialized ingredients needed for this recipe to Amazon below.
- Tazo® Passion® Tea Bags – or any herbal tea containing hibiscus, rose hip and passion fruit (or other fruit) flavours
- Honey – buy local honey if you can!
- Cinnamon Sticks
This recipe uses American cups. They’re a handy piece of kitchen equipment to have along with a kitchen food scale. Having both in your kitchen means you’ll be able to make all of the different recipes on my blog as I use both cups and weighted measures.
How Do I Make Passion Tea Lemonade?
Just check out the recipe card below with full ingredients, and instructions. You can print the card out too (don’t worry, the pics don’t print to save your ink!).
- 5¼ cup water, divided
- 4 Tazo® Passion® tea bags or any herbal tea containing hibiscus, rose hip and passion fruit (or other fruit) flavours
- ¼ cup honey, preferably local
- 4”/10cm piece lemongrass, finely chopped
- 2 small cinnamon sticks
- ½ cup fresh lemon juice
- Ice, to serve
- Fresh lemon slices
- Sprigs of fresh mint
- Place tea bags into a bowl and pour four cups of boiling water over them. Leave to steep for several minutes before discarding the tea bags.
- To make the infused simple syrup, combine a quarter cup of water, honey, lemongrass, and cinnamon sticks in a small saucepan and place over medium heat. Simmer, stirring occasionally, until mixture is heated through and starts to thicken, approximately 4-5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and pour through a fine-mesh strainer to separate the solids from the liquid. Discard solids and set the remaining simple syrup aside to cool.
- Pour the brewed tea, lemon juice, and remaining cup of water in a large pitcher. Add infused simple syrup, to taste, and stir to combine.
- To serve, fill four chilled glasses with ice before adding the sweetened iced tea mixture.
- Garnish with lemon slices and sprigs of fresh mint, if using, and serve immediately. Enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 173Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 20mgCarbohydrates: 39gFiber: 0gSugar: 20gProtein: 2g
This site uses Nutritionix to provide estimated nutrition. Nutritional information is always approximate and will depend on the quality of ingredients used and serving sizes. If you need exact calories and macros, please do your own calculations.
Make It A Meal!
You’ve made the beverage, but what about the rest of the courses?
Here are additional recipes to make a full meal!
- Appetizer: Mediterranean Layer Dip with Hummus, Feta, and Fresh Vegetables
- Main Dish: Italian Style Lamb Shanks in the Slow Cooker
- Side Salad: Antipasti Pasta Salad
- Dessert: Quick & Easy Berry & Lemon Cheesecake Cookies
There are 500+ Recipes on The Purple Pumpkin Blog for you to enjoy – please feel free to check them out too!