Take the stress out of dinner time with one of these slow cooker keto dinner recipes. Just dump all the ingredients into a slow cooker/crock pot and go about your day, knowing that a delicious low carb, keto dinner is waiting for you!
Save this post to Pinterest for later! ⬇️
Slow Cooker Keto Dinner Recipes
Before I go on, I would like to point out that I do not have medical or dietary training, and you should always consult your doctor before embarking on a change of diet.
I am not going to go into a lot of detail about Keto, as that is not the point of this post – the point is the delicious slow cooker keto dinner recipes!
The chances are that if you have found yourself on this page, you are either following the keto way of life, or have just started eating keto and want some recipe inspiration.
However, I will briefly touch upon it below – but I advise you do your own research as there is a lot to learn and know about keto…
What Is Keto?
Keto is short for Ketogenic, and is a low-carb diet (way of eating) which can help burn fat more effectively. Instead of your body using glucose (sugar) as a fuel source, it will use ketones, which are small fuel molecules which are produced when eating a diet low in carbohydrates.
Keto eating is high in good fats, moderate in protein, and low in carbs – under 20g net carbs per day. Net carbs are total carbs, minus fibre and non-digestible sugar alcohols.
What Are The Benefits Of Keto?
There are several health benefits of the ketogenic, some of which are: appetite control; improved health markers; improved energy and mental performance; as well as weight loss, and blood sugar and type 2 diabetes control.
The latter two benefits are my two main reasons for doing keto. If you dig deep into my blog you will find several posts about my weight and trying to lose weight. I’ve done every diet under the sun, trying to find the holy grail of one that will work for me.
I’ve been keto for several months I have lost some weight which is awesome, and I’ve been able to keep it off, break the yo-yo weight loss/gain cycle which I have battled with for decades. Most importantly is getting my daily blood sugars down, as well as reducing HbA1C count which my doctor (and I) are over the moon about.
This post contains affiliate links. If you clicked the link then made a purchase, a small percentage of the sale price would be paid to me. It doesn’t cost you anything more but it helps keep the lights on over here so that I can create more content for you!
And now for the Slow Cooker Keto Dinner Recipes…
What I love most about slow cooker meals is that you can put dinner on to slow cook in the morning, then go about your day knowing that a hot meal is waiting for you. And it is mostly done all in the same pot (unless meat requires browning in a pan before), so minimises on clearing up too!
As with all of my roundups, there are ideas from my blog* as well as from lots of fab blogs from around the world. I have made all of links to these slow cooker keto dinner recipes open in a new window so that you don’t lose your place on the list. The list corresponds with the photo above – so that you can get an idea what the finished dish should look like. Enjoy!
- Low Carb Slow Cooker Meatloaf – It’s Yummi
- Keto Cuban Pork (Lechón) – Fit To Serve Group
- Chipotle Beef Barbacoa Recipe Copycat in a Slow Cooker – Wholesome Yum
- Slow Cooker Low Carb Mexican Casserole – My Life Cookbook
- Keto Crockpot Bacon Ranch Chicken – Midget Momma
- Mississippi Pot Roast – The Rising Spoon
- Slow Cooker Keto Corned Beef Cabbage – Beauty & The Foodie
- Cauliflower Cheddar Soup (Slow Cooker, Keto) – Low Carb Yum
- Slow Cooker Crack Chicken – Low Carb With Jennifer
- Crock Pot Low Carb Chicken Bowl – It’s Yummi
- Slow Cooker Garlic Chipotle Lime Chicken – Beauty & The Foodie
You may have noticed that there is a distinct lack of recipes from yours truly – that’s because I do not have any official keto recipes on my blog as yet. Yes, I’ve been cooking them, but haven’t been photographing them for the blog.
However, there are some potential slow cooker low carb and keto recipes on my blog and I wanted to include them in this roundup.
- Slow Cooker Beef Fajitas – this is a great meal prep recipe and then dump into the slow cooker when ready to cook. Omit the tortilla wraps, and use lettuce leaves instead. Top with avocado slices, sour cream and cheese for a yummy low carb Tex-Mex meal.
- Remove the beans from Beef, Bean & Pumpkin Chilli, and serve topped with sour cream and cheese. Pumpkin is low carb – best to use fresh in this recipe.
- This Slow Cooker Chilli Chicken Pumpkin Stew needs a few keto tweaks – remove the sweet potato and kidney beans, and serve without rice but topped with sour cream (not yogurt) and some sliced chilli for an extra kick.
- Kleftikio is a slow-cooked Greek lamb dish which is melt-in-the-mouth delicious. Just don’t cook the potatoes, but enjoy with a side salad drizzled with extra virgin olive oil and chunks of feta – so good!
- Hawaiian style pulled pork – Kalua Pork – is literally just a joint of pork and salt, cooked low and slow. If you have liquid smoke, you can use it, but I’ve cooked this dish without it and it’s still delicious. You could make a slaw with cabbage, broccoli and cauliflower mixed with mayo and maybe even throw in a few macadamia nuts for crunch.
- Adobo de Cerdo is a Spanish pork dish – omit the carrots if you are following keto and enjoy as part of a tapas meal with chorizo, olives, and Manchego cheese.
- And finally, a Portuguese pork dish – Feijoada. Another one you could easily omit the beans and the rice and enjoy as is. It contains streaky bacon, pork shoulder, pork ribs, and chorizo.
Save these Slow Cooker Keto Dinner Recipes to Pinterest for later!
Share these Slow Cooker Keto Dinner Recipes with your friends on Facebook!