Why not give a bowl of plain popcorn, flavor and fun with these popcorn recipes?
There are sweet, savory, spicy, smokey, seasonal, cheesey and themed popcorn mixes in this delicious roundup, as well as a few recipes that use popcorn as an ingredient. These awesome popcorn recipes are great for movies nights, parties, or just good old fashioned snacking!
Save this post to Pinterest for later! ⬇️
50 Popcorn Recipes
I remember the excitement of hearing the corn kernals popping in the saucepan, as my mum made a batch of popcorn for my sister and I. It was so funny when she lifted the lid when the popcorn was ready, and a few would pop out into the air, tumbling to the ground as we would try to catch them. We could never decide between salty or sweet popcorn, so it was always a mix of both, and we would munch through a bowl while watching our favourite movies on video! Such memories!
Back in my day (which makes me sound ancient!) you could only get salty or sweet popcorn – or maybe caramel if the cinema you went to sold it – at least in the UK. To be fair they are traditional flavours aren’t they? The fact that I’ve rounded up 50 popcorn recipes astounds me! Who knew it was such a versatile snack?
This post contains affiliate links. If you clicked the link then made a purchase, a small percentage of the sale price would be paid to me. It doesn’t cost you anything more but it helps keep the lights on over here so that I can create more content for you!
Popcorn is such a classic snack food, and I think you’d be hard-pressed to find anyone who doesn’t like popcorn! It’s so easy to make at home – either the classic way in a saucepan, in the microwave, in an instant pot, and not forgetting popcorn makers.
Popcorn is made to be shared – making it a perfect snack for watching a movie, or for serving at a party. But if you want a bowl of it all to yourself, that’s all good too!
This round up of 50 Awesome Popcorn Recipes not only includes lots of different popcorn flavour ideas, but also some fun popcorn and snack mixes which you great for themed movie nights and parties, as well as for seasonal events like Halloween or Christmas (to name just a couple).
As with all of my roundups, there are ideas from my blog as well as from lots of fab blogs from around the world. I have made all of links to these popcorn recipes open in a new window so that you don’t lose your place on the list. The list corresponds with the photo above it – so that you can get an idea what the finished dish should look like. Enjoy!
Did you know that January 19th is National Popcorn Day? Celebrate with one of these awesome popcorn recipes!
- There are also a few surprising recipes that use popcorn itself as an ingredient, starting with this Nutmeg Plantain Cake With Coconut Caramel Popcorn from Recipes From A Pantry. Using Sierra Leonean (West African) flavours, and not only sounds delicious, but looks amazing too!
- Bintu from Recipes From A Pantry shows us how easy it is to make Instant Pot Popcorn.
- This Spicy Chocolate Popcorn from Imagelicious gets its kick from a pinch of cayenne pepper.
- Accidental Happy Baker’s Patriotic Party Popcorn is great for 4th July with its red, white and blue… but you could switch up the candy colours to match your national flag.
- These Old Fashioned Popcorn Balls from Down Redbubble Drive need you to get your hands a bit messy to make them, but the end result is worth it!
- Tikkido uses Kool Aid (which you can now buy in the UK!) to make Fruit-Flavored Kool Aid Popcorn.
- Tikkido’s Dehydrated Cheese Powder Tutorial means you can make any kind of cheese flavour you want using a dehydrator in the process.
- This Buffalo-Style Hot Popcorn Recipe from 3 Boys And A Dog tastes like nachos!
- Cheddar and Parmesan cheeses are used in these Smoky Cheddar Popcorn Snacks from Attainable Sustainable.
- You can adjust the spice levels in this Spicy Popcorn from Having Fun Saving to suit your spice tolerance!
- This Birthday Cake Popcorn Recipe with Sprinkles from Tikkido is such a sweet idea!
- Caramel is a classic popcorn flavour, but Caramel Apple Popcorn? Yum! Tikkido is on the money when she says “Apples + caramel popcorn = one outrageously delicious snack”
- This White Chocolate Popcorn from The Gifted Gabber uses just two ingredients!
- Kelly from 3 Boys And A Dog says that her Peanut Butter Popcorn “keeps really well so you can make a big batch and save snack-sized portions.”
- There are only three ingredients in this Cookies and Cream Popcorn from Sidewalk Shoes.
- The colours of Nerdy Mamma’s Unicorn Popcorn are amazing!
- Yes, Nerdy Mamma’s Margarita Popcorn does contain Tequila! Great for summer soirees!
- Another instant pot popcorn recipe. The Milner’s from Recipe This, show us how to make Instant Pot Caramel Popcorn.
- Red Hot Popcorn from Tammillee Tips uses an [American] candy called Red Hots, which is cinnamon flavoured. You can buy Red Hots online in the UK!
- This Sweet And Spicy Popcorn from Simmer to Slimmer is made for sharing.
- Earth, Food & Fire gives us Instant Pot Popcorn AND 6 Popular Seasonings – a great set of recipes to test out your instant pot.
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Popcorn from Creative Southern Home sounds like heaven in a bowl to me!
- Bacon Caramel Popcorn from Bride On A Budget sounds unusual, but I’ve seen bacon used in sweet recipes a lot so if you like that sweet/salty/savoury thing, this might be the popcorn mix for you.
- Mel from A Virtual Vegan drenches popcorn in buttery salted caramel, and lashings of chocolate in her Caramel Chocolate Vegan Popcorn. It’s dairy-free too.
- These Salted Caramel Popcorn Apples are from yours truly – The Purple Pumpkin Blog! You do have to coat apples first before adding popcorn, but there is a fool-proof ‘cheats’ caramel, and making caramel from scratch included in this recipe.
- This Apple Pie Popcorn from The Pistachio Project is a perfect autumnal snack (or, to be fair, any time of the year!)
- The Pistachio Project’s Banana Bread Popcorn sounds so good, with cinnamon, allspice, and banana chips – yum!
- This Healthy Homemade Caramel Popcorn from Traditional Homemaker can be made using three different sweeteners.
- Instant Pot Kettle Corn from Sixth Bloom also uses sprinkles for a dash of fun.
- This Raspberry Lemonade Popcorn from Joy Filled Eats is like a bowl full of summer! It’s also sugar-free, dairy-free, and gluten-free.
- Diana Rambles’ Peanut Butter Caramel Snack Mix is great for munching on while watching movies, or for bagging up and having a handy snack when out and about.
- Peanut Butter Popcorn Cake from Glitter On A Dime looks awesome! What’s not to love about a popcorn cake?!
- The Chaos and The Clutter uses Reese’s Spread in this Salted Chocolate Peanut Butter Popcorn recipe. You can buy it in UK Supermarkets people! How did I not know this?!
- Forget a Pumpkin Spice Latte – Foodal’s Pumpkin Spice Peanut Butter Popcorn is a snack you’ll be reaching for all Autumn long!
- Double the crunch factor in this Caramel Popcorn with Peanuts from The Monday Box.
- A Sweet & Salty Popcorn Snack Mix with pretzels, raisins, chocolate, and peanuts from Crayons & Cravings.
- Do you love your snacks to be sweet and spicy? Try this Sriracha Honey Popcorn from Sidewalk Shoes
- Wondering what the “Cheese” is in Shivani Loves Food’s Vegan Chilli ‘Cheese’ Popcorn? Head over now and find out.
- A sweet/salty favourite is Salted Caramel in this Popcorn Recipe from Tammilee Tips
- This Twix Caramel Popcorn from House Of Nash Eats is perfect for Halloween.
- The Caramel Crunch Popcorn from Christina’s Cucina can be whipped up in just 15 minutes.
- Curry Trail’s Santa Munch Christmas Popcorn is not only delicious, but also makes fab festive gifts.
- Make this Grinch Popcorn from Recipes From A Pantry, to nom while watching the Grinch movie! Also great for a Dr. Seuss themed party.
- The pastel pinks and blues make this Unicorn Popcorn from Crayons & Cravings adorable!
- A yummy Festival Fall Popcorn Mix from The Freckled Foot Doc.
- Make this Rocky Road to Victory Popcorn from Strawberry Blondie Kitchen to snack on as you cheer your team to a win!
- Food Meanderings’ Harvest Popcorn has a unique savory popcorn seasoning with ingredients including dill, lemon pepper, and garlic powder.
- Instant Pot Popcorn from Curry Trail also has as 3 ways to flavour it up!
- If you love cheese, this Cheese Popcorn In The Instant Pot from Recipe This, is for you.
- And last but not least, why not try this savoury Pizza Popcorn from Simply Stacie?
Don’t forget to save this popcorn recipes post to Pinterest for later!