To celebrate Appreciate A Dragon Day, I’ve got 21 Dragon Crafts & Activities to share with you!
The dragon is a powerful symbol in mythology around the world, and these dragon crafts and activities are great for kids as a way to have some creative fun and imaginative play.
They can also compliment learning about dragons through books, stories, music, games, films, and television shows, as well as discovering more about different cultures through mythology.
This post contains affiliate links If you clicked the link then made a purchase, a small percentage of the sale price would be paid to me. It doesn’t cost you anything more but it helps keep the lights on over here so that I can create more content for you!
Appreciate a Dragon Day was started in 2004 by Mrs. Donita K Paul to celebrate the release of her book, DragonSpell. It is celebrated annually on January 16th, and it is suggested that you pick a favourite dragon from literature, and share that dragon in some form of art!
As with all of my roundups, there are ideas from my blog* as well as from lots of fab blogs from around the world. I have made all of links to these dragon crafts and activities open in a new window so that you don’t lose your place on the list. The list corresponds with the photo above. Have fun!
- These Marbled Dragon Eggs were so much fun to make. A craft for older children – teens, maybe tweens, due to the inks being used. But there are kid-friendly ways to marble using shaving foam and food colouring or paints.
- Tikkado’s How to Make a Smaug (Dragon) Pinata tutorial is so simple and awesome for a dragon themed party.
- Who knew a pool noodle could look so cute? Check out Pete’s Dragon Craft from Desert Chica to get the instructions.
- Brenda, from Schooling A Monkey shows us how to make a Perler Bead Dragon (Hama Beads) as she and her kids learned about St. George’s Day.
- This Dragon Wings Costume DIY Tutorial from Swoodson Says, is absolutely gorgeous! She turned a hoodie into this pretty awesome costume – perfect for dressing up!
- Get the free printable and instructions on how to make a Paper Plate Dragon Twirler from Red Ted Art
- This Chinese Dragon Mask – a Fun Printable Dragon Craft from Messy Little Monsters is also great for Chinese New Year
- Carlee from Fun, Learning, Life has got a Dragon Crayon Holder Craft and Free Pete’s Dragon Activity and Coloring Pages for you to do!
- Explore P is for Puff the Magic Dragon with Sugar, Spice & Glitter. Several fun activities here!
- These Chinese Dragon Colouring Pages from Kiddy Charts are great for kids and adults
- Wendy and her child made this cool Chinese Dragon Mask Craft over on Daisies & Pie
- Perfect for toddlers and pre-schoolers, these Paper Plate Dragon Puppets from Messy Little Monsters are fun for Chinese New Year
- A pretty spectacular Paper Plate Dragon from Kiddy Charts
- A cool Dragon Puppet & Free Printable from Red Ted Art
- More paper plates used in this Movable Chinese Dragon Paper Plate Craft from Kate at Crafts On Sea
- This Toilet Roll Dragon Craft from Learning & Exploring Through Play is a great recycling craft
- These Paper Dragon Puppets from Ruffles & Rain Boots are a quick 10 minute, nearly no-mess project
- The Monday Box’s Butter Cookie Dragons ( 龙饼 ) for Chinese New Year look delicious and so festive too
- Make this Chinese New Year Dragon Puppet with an egg carton, and paper plates – full materials and instructions over on My Poppet’s blog
- Kids can keep track of their book about dragons with this awesome Dragon Corner Bookmark from Red Ted Art
- Did you know that Dragons Love Tacos? U Ready, Teddy shares a Dragons Love Tacos Slime Recipe inspired by the book.
Save these Dragon Crafts & Activities to Pinterest for later!
Share fun Dragon Crafts and Activities with your friends on Facebook!