If you need some low carb snacks to fill the gap between meals, then why not try one of these 25+ sweet and savory recipes that are not only delicious but low in carbohydrates too.
There are 500+ Recipes on The Purple Pumpkin Blog for you to enjoy! Please feel free to check them out too.
We have included affiliate links to valuable products and services related to the topic of this post.
This post contains affiliate links, and we will be compensated if you purchase after clicking on those links.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Low Carb Snacks
We all want a snack every once in a while, and the easiest snacks are ones that don’t need any prep and that you can grab quickly.
When you are eating low carbs, this might be foods like cubes of cheese, boiled eggs, slices of deli meats, olives, and nuts to name a few, but what if you want something more than just a plain old slice of turkey again?
That’s where these recipes for low carb snacks come in!
Now, before I go on, I would like to point out that I do not have medical or dietary training, and you should always consult your doctor before embarking on a change of diet.
I am not going to go into a lot of detail about Keto, as that is not the point of this post – the point is the delicious low carb snacks that you can enjoy!
The chances are that if you have found yourself on this page, you are either following the keto way of life or have just started eating keto and want some recipe inspiration.
So I will briefly touch upon what Keto is – but I advise you to do your own research as there is a lot to learn.
What Is Keto?
Keto is short for Ketogenic and is a low-carb diet (way of eating) that can help burn fat more effectively. Instead of your body using glucose (sugar) as a fuel source, it will use ketones, which are small fuel molecules that are produced when eating a diet low in carbohydrates.
Keto eating is high in good fats, moderate in protein, and low in carbs – under 20g net carbs per day. Net carbs are total carbs, minus fiber and non-digestible sugar alcohols.
What Are The Benefits Of Keto?
There are several health benefits of a ketogenic diet, some of which are: appetite control; improved health markers; improved energy and mental performance; as well as weight loss, blood sugar, and type 2 diabetes control.
As with all of my roundups, there are recipes from my blog as well as from lots of fab blogs from around the world. The list corresponds with the photo above – so that you can get an idea of what the finished dish should look like. Enjoy!
Savory Low Carb Snacks
- Eggs are a great low carb food, just on their own, but why not make Devilled Eggs and spice things up!
- These Cheesy Courgette Crustless Mini Quiches are made with cottage cheese. Cottage cheese is a healthy, high-protein food. While they contain some carbs, they can still be included in a ketogenic lifestyle.
- These Roast Chicken Crustless Mini Quiches are great to make use of leftovers and are delicious too.
- This Zucchini Dip is made using tahini, a sesame seed paste full of flavour and great for making low carb snacks.
- If you’re eating low carb but are missing eating bagels, you HAVE to try these keto-friendly Fathead Bagels!
- These low-carb Egg and Pork Cups are a tasty make-ahead dish that can be enjoyed at any time of the day.
- These Taco Cheese Cups are cute, delicious, and low in carbs making them the perfect snack!
- These Bacon Avocado Tomato Bites are little nibbles of heaven!
- This stuffed tomato appetizer is a quick, easy, and delicious dish to serve at parties – or as a totally yummy low-carb snack.
- Chopped spinach, salty bacon, and three types of cheese come together to make this delicious hot dip recipe – Spinach Dip with Bacon from It’s Yummi.
- These Pepperoni Roasted Tomato Pizza Bites from My Life Cookbook are great when you are craving pizza – but without the carbs!
- Mom Foodie’s Cajun Keto Crackers are zingy low carb cheese crackers with only 3 carbs per ample serving of 12 crackers.
- Bec from It’s Yummi made her Cheesy Crab Bites by filling mini bell peppers with cream cheese, bacon, and crab. She also has a recipe for steak fajita bites – yum!
- The Cheddar Bacon Biscuits over at Pink Fortitude are versatile enough to be made gluten, dairy and egg free, along with paleo and keto.
- Baked Cheddar Parmesan Crisps are awesome when you are craving a crunchy snack, and Wholesome Yum’s recipe uses just three ingredients!
- Switch the regular crackers for cucumber slices and celery sticks to dunk into this Low Carb Spicy Cheese Ball from Baked, Broiled & Basted
- These two-ingredient Bacon Wrapped Cheese Sticks from Low Carb Yum are a great mozzarella stick alternative – without all those carbs!
- Lisa from Low Carb Yum says that these Keto Jalapeño Poppers Fat Bombs are inspired by the popular jalapeño poppers appetizer, but the fat bomb version is even better!
- The Keto Cheese & Bacon Bread from Rachel, the Aussie Keto Queen looks so good and fills that bread craving when you are following a low-carb way of life.
- These Low Carb Tortilla Chips are extra crispy and seasoned with your typical tortilla chip flavors. Maya from Wholesome Yum says they’re the perfect vehicle for guacamole or your favorite salsa!
Sweet Low Carb Snacks
Keto Fat Bombs
Fat bombs are snacks with a fat content of at least 85%. They can be eaten as a quick breakfast, mid-afternoon pick-me-up, pre- or post-workout snack by those following a low-carb diet since they don’t disrupt ketosis – Woman & Home.
This comprehensive guide to fat bombs is a good read too and goes into great detail about fat bombs and their benefits, as well as some fat bomb recipes.
- Wholesome Yum’s Easy Chocolate Fat Bombs With Coconut Oil can be made in just 10 minutes!
- Willow, from Create Mindfully‘s Chocolate Cherry Fat Bombs, will satisfy a sweet tooth. What’s not to love about the chocolate and cherry combo?
- These Strawberry Fat Bombs from Linneyville combine strawberries (berries are a great lower-carb fruit choice) and cream cheese. You could substitute other berries too.
- The Gingerbread Fat Bombs from Low Carb with Jennifer are like gingerbread cookies but without the carbs! (Also great for holiday sweet treats!)
- Meraki Mother’s Keto Chocolate Fat Bombs are inspired by Brigadeiros – Brazilian Chocolate Truffles – and look so good!
- Consumer Queen’s Low Carb Sugar-Free Cinnamon Pecans are super quick and easy and coated with butter and cinnamon.
- Another great snack from Wholesome Yum – Keto Low Carb Peanut Butter Protein Balls. They’re no bake, and take just 10 minutes to make.
- Veg Annie says that her Carrot Cake Bites are low-carb, vegan, paleo, keto, gluten-free, sugar-free, and oil-free! The perfect guilt-free treat – a bite of carrot cake heaven!
- These Lemon Coconut Cream Cheese Balls on Low Carb Yum are light, yet satisfying, and the flavors of lemon, coconut, and cream cheese come together to totally blow your taste buds away.
- If you need a cookie fix, then why not these Keto Vegan Peanut Butter Protein Cookies from Veg Annie? They’re soft and chewy, and perfect if you love peanut butter.
- These tangy and sweet Gluten-Free Lemon Bars are a perfect low-carb treat!
- These Low Carb Coconut Macaroons are ready to enjoy in just 15 minutes and use just four ingredients.
So there you have it, 25+ awesome low carb snack recipes for you to try out!