If you’re looking to add some flavor and texture to your next pasta dish, look no further than this delicious Roasted Red Pepper Walnut Pasta Sauce recipe!
Not only is this pasta sauce easy to whip up in under 30 minutes, but it’s packed with tons of flavor too.
Don’t have time for this recipe now? Tap the share icon in the bottom right of the screen then tap the heart icon ♥ to save it for later!
We have included affiliate links to valuable products and services related to the topic of this post.
This post contains affiliate links, and we will be compensated if you purchase after clicking on those links.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
I know that readers like to skip to the recipe card, but I recommend reading the blog post all the way through so that you don’t miss any tips or substitution suggestions, to ensure that you have all the ingredients and equipment required and understand the steps and timings involved.
Red Pepper Walnut Pasta Sauce
If you’re bored of the same old pasta sauces, why not try this creamy red pepper walnut pasta sauce?
This easy recipe combines the smoky sweetness of roasted red peppers with the earthy crunch of walnuts, as well as tomato paste, coconut milk, garlic, and basil.
The sauce comes together in just minutes using a high-speed blender making it perfect for busy weeknights.
The velvety sauce that will tantalize your taste buds is ideal for plant-based eaters and those looking for a dairy-free pasta sauce.
Ingredients & Equipment Used In This Recipe
While most ingredients can be bought in grocery stores, for your convenience, ingredients, and equipment needed for this recipe have been linked to Amazon, Amazon Fresh, or other stores if available online.
Ingredients Needed For Red Pepper Walnut Pasta Sauce
- Fresh Produce – Garlic, Basil
- Pantry – Sea Salt, Black Pepper
- Pasta – A hearty pasta such as farfalle (bowtie), penne, fettuccine, and fusilli, will stand up well to the thick and delicious roasted pepper sauce created in this recipe.
- Roasted Red Peppers – we used a jar of peppers for ease and speed, but if you wish to roast your own peppers, you can, of course, do so!
- Walnuts – to go in the pasta sauce and garnish.
- Tomato Paste – also known as Tomato Purée.
- Canned Coconut Milk
The complete list of ingredients with measurements is found on the recipe card at the end of this post.
No time to read now? Tap the buttons below to save the recipe to your Pinterest boards or Facebook page for later!
Equipment Needed For This Recipe
Recipes on The Purple Pumpkin Blog use cups and/or weighted measurements. American cups and kitchen food scales are handy pieces of equipment to have in your kitchen as it means you’ll be able to make all of the different recipes on my blog. I try to give American US customary, imperial, and metric measurements in my recipes. Please note, that you can mix cup measurements with weighted measures, but never mix US customary/imperial (pounds, ounces, pints, etc.,) with metric (kilograms, grams, liters, etc.,).
More Recipes Using Bell Peppers
One of the hero ingredients in this dish is bell peppers, so here are some more recipes using the same:
- Sweet & Sour Pork Chops with Peppers & Pineapple
- Flavorsome Roasted Red Pepper Hummus Dip For Summer Gatherings
- Chilled Creamy Yellow Tomato and Pepper Soup For Al Fresco Dining!
- Hearty Stuffed Pepper Soup
- Chicken + Roasted Pepper Omelette with Avocado
How Do I Make Red Pepper Walnut Pasta Sauce?
The printable recipe card with the full ingredients list and instructions can be found at the end of this post.
Step 1 – Cook Pasta: Bring a large saucepan of generously salted water to a boil. Cook pasta according to the package directions.
Step 2 – Prepare Sauce: While the pasta is cooking, prepare the sauce.
Place the roasted red peppers, toasted walnuts, tomato paste, coconut milk, garlic, and half a cup of pasta cooking water into a high-speed blender.
Blend until smooth and creamy, then season with salt and pepper to taste.
Step 3 – Finish Dish: When the pasta has finished cooking, drain and return to the saucepan. Pour the red pepper sauce over the pasta and stir to coat evenly.
Divide pasta among 4 serving plates. Top each with fresh basil and walnuts. Enjoy!
More Pasta Recipes
Looking for more pasta dishes to make? Check these recipes out next:
- Italian Pasta Puttanesca Recipe (with Anchovies, Olives and Capers)
- Roasted Shrimp & Broccoli Penne Pasta
- Spinach Artichoke Mac and Cheese Recipe
- Chicken Parmesan with Spaghetti Recipe
- Creamy Chicken and Broccoli Alfredo Recipe in 30 Minutes
Storing Leftovers & Freezing
- Storing Leftovers:
- Cool and transfer to an airtight container, and store in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- Not suitable for freezing.
Printable Red Pepper Walnut Pasta Sauce Recipe Card
To save ink, any demonstration photos on the recipe card do not print.
- 12 oz (350g) dry pasta of choice
- 1 (15-oz/400g) jar of roasted red peppers, drained
- ½ cup toasted walnuts + extra for garnish
- 2 Tbsp tomato paste (puree)
- ½ cup canned coconut milk
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ cup fresh basil, chopped
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Bring a large saucepan of generously salted water to a boil. Cook pasta according to the package directions.
- While the pasta is cooking, prepare the sauce. Place the roasted red peppers, toasted walnuts, tomato paste, coconut milk, garlic, and half a cup of pasta cooking water into a high-speed blender. Blend until smooth and creamy, then season with salt and pepper to taste.
- When the pasta has finished cooking, drain and return to the saucepan. Pour the red pepper sauce over the pasta and stir to coat evenly. Divide pasta among 4 serving plates. Top each with fresh basil and walnuts. Enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 533Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 249mgCarbohydrates: 77gFiber: 6gSugar: 8gProtein: 16g
This site uses Nutritionix to provide estimated nutrition. Nutritional information is always approximate and will depend on the quality of ingredients used and serving sizes. If you need exact calories and macros, please do your own calculations.
Dinner Party Menu Suggestions
You’ve made the main dish, but what about the rest of the courses?
Here are additional recipes to create a menu for a dinner party or special meal:
- Appetizer: 5-Ingredient Parmesan Onion Dill Dip Recipe
- Soup: Instant Pot Creamy Asparagus Soup Recipe
- Salad: Strawberry Fennel Salad
- Side Dish: Easy Cheesy Garlic Bread Recipe
- Beverage: Berry Peach Non-Alcoholic Sangria Mocktail
- Dessert: Lemon Blueberry Cheesecake Topped with Lemon Curd
There are 500+ Recipes on The Purple Pumpkin Blog for you to enjoy – please feel free to check them out too.