You may remember the recipe I shared a couple of weeks ago for a Chicken, Avocado + Peppadew Salad? I was sent jars of peppers to use in my recipes, and made this Chicken + Roasted Pepper Omelette with Avocado for lunch one day. It fits well with my paleo way of life and is delish to boot!
Peppers are very tasted when roasted, but can be a faff to do, so the fact that you can buy them ready roasted in jars to use in recipes is a good thing. For a recipe like this, it’s hard to say how much of something to use, as I just used some pre-cooked chicken that I had in the fridge. Fill up your omelette with as much of each ingredient as you like!
I’ve got more 50+ Easy Chicken Recipes for you to enjoy – right click and open these other recipes in a new tab so that you can read them after this one!
- olive oil
- spring onions, chopped
- cooked chicken, chopped
- cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2-3 eggs, beaten
- freshly ground black pepper
- raw baby spinach leaves (optional)
- avocado, sliced
- roasted red peppers, sliced
- Heat a little olive oil in a frying pan and add the spring onions, chicken and cherry tomatoes. Stir for a couple of minutes to brown off and warm through.
- Add the beaten eggs and some freshly ground black pepper, and swirl around the pan to form the omelette.
- As the underside cooks, you'll see it solidify around the edges. I always finish an omelette off under the grill.
- Slide off onto a plate (onto a bed of raw spinach if you like) and top with the avocado, red peppers and more black pepper.
Disclosure: I was sent jars of Peppadew to use at home.