This Strawberry Fennel Salad is a bright and colorful salad that is full of crunchy fennel and juicy strawberries. It is finished off with salty Feta and a homemade vinaigrette.
I have included affiliate links to useful products and services related to the topic of this post.
If you purchase via the links I may earn a commission.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Read Full Disclosure Policy
Strawberry Fennel Salad
The full ingredients list and instructions are found in the printable recipe card at the end of this post. I highly recommend reading the blog post all the way through so that you don’t miss any tips or substitution suggestions; to ensure that you have all the ingredients and equipment required, and to understand the steps and timings involved.
Need a quick and refreshing side dish to add a pop of color and fresh flavor to your dinner table? Look no further than this super quick and easy strawberry fennel salad.
The fennel offers a satisfying crunch, while the sweet strawberries balance the natural saltiness of the Feta cheese.
This salad makes a delicious side dish with fish or chicken, or a light vegetarian meal to enjoy with friends.
Not only does it taste amazing, but it’s also ready in 15 minutes so it’s perfect for those busy weeknight meals.
Ingredients & Equipment Used In This Recipe
While most ingredients can be bought in grocery stores, for your convenience, any specialized or notable ingredients (and equipment) needed for this recipe have been listed below and linked to Amazon or other stores if available online. The complete list of ingredients with measurements is found in the recipe card.
- Fresh Produce – Fennel, Strawberries, Baby Spinach, Arugula (Rocket), Basil (optional garnish).
- Feta Cheese – a salty, crumbly, Greek cheese.
- Rice Wine Vinegar
- Dijon Mustard
- Italian Seasoning – this recipe uses store-bought Italian Seasoning, but it is so easy to make your own herb mixes, especially if you already have a bunch of herbs and spices in your pantry already. Just mix equal measures of dried basil, oregano, rosemary, parsley, and thyme. You can also add a pinch of garlic granules or powder as well as red chili flakes if you like. Store in an airtight jar and use in recipes as required.
Recipes on The Purple Pumpkin Blog use both cup measurements and/or weighted measurements. American cups and kitchen food scales are handy pieces of equipment to have in your kitchen as it means you’ll be able to make all of the different recipes on my blog. I try to give American, imperial, and metric measurements in my recipes. You can mix cup measurements with weighted measurements, but never mix imperial (pounds, ounces, pints, etc.,) with metric (kilograms, grams, litres, etc.,).
More Recipes Using Strawberries
One of the hero ingredients in this dish is strawberries, so here are some more recipes using the same:
- Strawberry Caprese Skewers Appetizer for Valentine’s Day
- Strawberry Shortcake – Disney’s Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue Copycat Recipe
- Chocolate-Covered Strawberries for Valentine’s Day
More Salad Recipes
Looking for more salad inspo? Check these recipes out next:
- Asian Cabbage Salad with Warm Spicy Peanut Dressing
- Roasted Artichoke Mozzarella Salad with Balsamic Vinaigrette
- Delicious Israeli Couscous Salad
- If preferred, toss the spinach and arugula with the salad dressing prior to arranging on the platter.
How Do I Make Strawberry Fennel Salad?
Just check out the printable recipe card below with full ingredients and instructions. Any demonstration photos do not print out to save your ink.
For the Dressing
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- ½ tsp Italian seasoning
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
For the Salad
- 2 cups baby spinach, rinsed and patted dry
- 2 cups baby arugula (rocket), rinsed and patted dry
- 1 medium fennel bulb, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 1 cup strawberries, sliced
- 4 oz (100g) Feta cheese, crumbled
- Sprigs of fresh basil, for garnish, optional
- Prepare the dressing by whisking together all ingredients in a glass or other non-reactive bowl. Taste and adjust seasonings, as desired. Transfer to a serving container and set aside.
- Arrange the spinach and arugula on a serving platter and top with sliced fennel, strawberries, and Feta cheese.
- Serve immediately with chilled salad plates and dressing on the side. Enjoy!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 262Total Fat: 23gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 15gCholesterol: 28mgSodium: 317mgCarbohydrates: 7gFiber: 2gSugar: 3gProtein: 8g
This site uses Nutritionix to provide estimated nutrition. Nutritional information is always approximate and will depend on the quality of ingredients used and serving sizes. If you need exact calories and macros, please do your own calculations.
Make It A Meal!
You’ve made the side salad, but what about the rest of the courses?
Here are additional recipes to make a full meal!
- Appetizer: Mediterranean Layer Dip with Hummus, Feta, and Fresh Vegetables
- Main Dish: How to Make Lemon Pepper Roasted Chicken with Potatoes
- Side Vegetable: Simple Oven Roasted Asparagus
- Beverage: Blackberry Vodka Cocktail
- Dessert: No-Churn Vanilla Ice Cream
There are 500+ Recipes on The Purple Pumpkin Blog for you to enjoy – please feel free to check them out too!