This easy Cheesy Garlic Bread recipe is the ultimate crowd pleaser and the perfect pasta accompaniment or starter. Using ciabatta, garlic, herbs, and two kinds of cheese – this delicious appetizer is ready in just 22 minutes.
I have included affiliate links to useful products and services related to the topic of this post.
This post contains affiliate links, and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Read Full Disclosure Policy
Cheesy Garlic Bread Recipe
The full ingredients list and instructions are found in the printable recipe card at the end of this post. I highly recommend reading the blog post all the way through so that you don’t miss any tips or substitution suggestions, to ensure that you have all the ingredients and equipment required and understand the steps and timings involved.
This easy, cheesy garlic bread is the perfect accompaniment to hearty pasta dishes, such as lasagna, spaghetti and meatballs, or rigatoni with chunky meat sauce. It is also a great appetizer on its own when served with a spicy marina sauce for dipping.
Homemade garlic bread always tastes so much better, and it’s so easy to do, that there is no excuse not to!
Ingredients & Equipment Used In This Recipe
While most ingredients can be bought in grocery stores, for your convenience, any specialized or notable ingredients and equipment needed for this recipe have been linked to Amazon or other stores if available online.
It may not include staple ingredients such as oil, salt, sugar, etc., as you’re likely to have those in your kitchen. The complete list of ingredients with measurements is found in the recipe card.
- Fresh Produce – Garlic
- Dairy – Unsalted Butter, Parmesan, Gruyère
- Dried Oregano
Recipes on The Purple Pumpkin Blog use both cup measurements and/or weighted measurements. American cups and kitchen food scales are handy pieces of equipment to have in your kitchen as it means you’ll be able to make all of the different recipes on my blog. I try to give American, imperial, and metric measurements in my recipes. Please note, you can mix cup measurements with weighted measurements, but never mix imperial (pounds, ounces, pints, etc.,) with metric (kilograms, grams, litres, etc.,).
More Recipes Using Garlic
One of the hero ingredients in this dish is garlic, so here are some more recipes using the same:
- Creamy Instant Pot Rosemary Garlic Mashed Potatoes Recipe
- Garlic Parmesan Shrimp with Roasted Garlic Dip
- Garlic-Chili Swordfish with Grilled Pineapple and Papaya
More Appetizer Recipes
Looking for more appetizers to make? Check these recipes out next:
- How To Make A Jalapeño Bacon Cheese Ball Appetizer For Parties
- Classic Baked Potato Skins with Cheese & Bacon – Party Appetizer Recipe
- Bacon-Wrapped Jalapeño Poppers Recipe For A Crowd
- If you can’t find shredded Gruyere, you can use the more traditional (and easier to find) shredded mozzarella instead.
How Do I Make Cheesy Garlic Bread?
Check out the printable recipe card below with full ingredients and instructions. Any demonstration photos do not print out to save your ink.
- 1 loaf ciabatta bread
- ¼ cup butter, unsalted
- 4 gloves garlic, finely minced
- 3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp dried oregano
- Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 6 oz (170g) shredded Gruyère cheese
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas 4.
- Cut the ciabatta loaf in half lengthwise and arrange on a rimmed baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a nonstick baking mat.
- Melt the unsalted butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook for 2-3 minutes, until the garlic is soft. Remove from the heat.
- Stir the olive oil and dried oregano into the melted butter and combine thoroughly.
- Brush each half of the ciabatta bread with the olive oil mixture, making sure the entire surface is covered.
- Grate the Parmesan cheese over the surface of both bread halves and top with shredded Gruyère cheese. Sprinkle each half with salt and black pepper, to taste.
- Place the baking sheet in the center of the pre-heated oven and bake for approximately 8-10 minutes or until cheese is completely melted and starting to brown on top.
- Remove from oven and cool slightly before slicing into individual servings. Enjoy!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 713Total Fat: 42gSaturated Fat: 19gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 21gCholesterol: 85mgSodium: 1005mgCarbohydrates: 59gFiber: 4gSugar: 7gProtein: 25g
This site uses Nutritionix to provide estimated nutrition. Nutritional information is always approximate and will depend on the quality of ingredients used and serving sizes. If you need exact calories and macros, please do your own calculations.
Make It A Special Dinner!
You’ve made the side dish (or even starter/appetizer), but what about the rest of the courses?
Here are additional recipes to create a menu for a special meal or dinner party:
- Appetizer: Classic Caprese Skewers with Balsamic Glaze
- Soup: Hearty Minestrone Soup with Arugula
- Salad: Roasted Artichoke and White Bean Salad with Swiss Chard
- Main Dish: Creamy Chicken and Broccoli Alfredo Recipe in 30 Minutes
- Side Dish: Crispy Zucchini Fries with Marinara Sauce
- Beverage: Lemon Herb Vodka Spritzer
- Dessert: No-Churn Chocolate Toffee Ice Cream (With Homemade Chocolate Sauce)
There are 500+ Recipes on The Purple Pumpkin Blog for you to enjoy – please feel free to check them out too.