If you love peanut butter and are looking for some peanut butter dessert recipes, you have come to the right place! I’ve got over 40 yummy sweet treats that use peanut butter as an ingredient.
This roundup includes dessert recipes that are: Vegan; Low Carb; Keto; Sugar-Free; Gluten-Free; and Dairy-Free.
Save this post to Pinterest for later! ⬇️
Peanut Butter Dessert Recipes
Peanut butter is such versatile ingredient in recipes – it’s not just for making PB&J sandwiches! I put out the call to my blogging tribe and received a whopping 120+ recipes that use peanut butter! The range of recipes included energy balls & bites, cookies, bars & brownies, cakes & pies, as well as savory dishes.
This is the final post in this series of Peanut Butter Recipes, and it’s all about sweet treats! You could say it was all the recipes that didn’t quite fit into the other roundups. Most of them are dessert recipes, but some might be classed more as a sweet snack, and there are even breakfast recipes!
With 40+ dessert recipes that use peanut butter, you will not be short of ideas. Make sure you save this post to your Pinterest boards so that you can revisit every time you need a peanut butter recipe!
Want to know more about peanut butter? Check out the Wiki page which tells you all about the history, production, and more about this humble nut spread!
I have included links to suggested ingredients and supplies. If you purchase via the links I may earn a small commission.
Peanut allergies are very real, and can be very scary too. If you suffer from such an allergy, or know someone who does, then of course these peanut butter cakes and pies won’t be for you. However, many of the recipes I’ve included can substitute the peanut butter for other nut butters (assuming you do not have an allergic reaction to those).
There are many more nut butters on the market these days including: hazelnut, almond, cashew, and macadamia nut butters. I’ve also seen pecan, pistachio and Brazil nut butters (but I’ve not tried out the latter three).
If you know someone with a nut allergy, always check with them what nuts they can have, never assume – it’s always better to be safe, than sorry.
As with all of my roundups, there are ideas from my blog as well as from lots of fab blogs from around the world. I have made all of links to these peanut butter desserts open in a new window so that you don’t lose your place on the list. The list corresponds with the photo above – so that you can get an idea what the finished dish should look like. Enjoy!
Dessert recipes using peanut butter
- I made this Diddy Kong Peanut Shooter Dip for my son’s Nintendo themed birthday party. It goes well with sugar cookies, or with pieces of fruit.
- These Mickey Mouse Peanut Butter Truffles are so much fun, and even more so if you are a Disney fan.
- Foodie Quine’s Peanut Butter Ice Lollies are easy to make and dipped in chocolate – yum.
- Another recipe from Foodie Quine for Peanut Butter Ghosts – perfect for Halloween!
- Make Tikkido’s Hot Peanut Butter Caramel Ice Cream Topping and make delicious sundaes.
- These Peanut Butter Planet Pops that Tikkido are great for an outer space themed party.
Peanut Butter Frozen Desserts
- Tikkido remembers the Magic Shell topping from her childhood (as do I!) and made this Peanut Butter Chocolate Magic Shell Recipe to go on top of ice cream.
- Orchids & Sweet Tea’s Peanut Butter Chunky Monkey Milkshake is decadent and perfect for summer.
- This Peanut Butter Banana Ice Cream Recipe from 3 Boys And A Dog is super simple, no churn, and only uses a few ingredients.
- Julie Blanner’s Peanut Butter Ice Cream uses just 3 ingredients, and also pairs well with chocolate cakes, brownies and more.
- Mel from A Virtual Vegan says her Banana Peanut Butter Ice Cream Bars are ridiculously easy to make!
- These Peanut Butter Whips Frozen Fat Bombs from Low Carb Yum are awesome if you are following a low carb lifestyle.
Peanut Butter Snacks & Treats
I know this is a dessert round up, but some of the recipes here would make great snacks.
- What’s not to love about Peanut Butter Popcorn? A great snack idea from 3 Boys And A Dog.
- Kelly from 3 Boys And A Dog says that her Peanut Butter Cup Rice Crispy Treats have all of the flavor of a peanut butter cup in everyone’s favorite easy treat; a rice krispie square!
- Creative Southern Home’s Peanut Butter Chocolate Popcorn makes a great movie snack, and could even be given as a gift.
- The Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats from The Forked Spoon are made with mini Butterfinger candy bars and peanut butter cups.
- Looking for a keto- friendly sweet treat? Try these Peanut Butter Cups from Melanie Cooks.
- This Peanut Butter & Yogurt Fruit Dip from Plowing Through Life makes an easy, healthy snack.
Peanut Butter Baked Goods
- This Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Banana Bread from 3 Boys And A Dog is packed full of yummy ingredients.
- Kris from Attainable Sustainable says that her Peanut Butter and Jelly Muffins are perfect as an after school snack, combining favorite flavors in portable, less messy form.
- If you’re looking for a gluten-free peanut butter dessert recipe, then head over to My Gluten-Free Kitchen for her Peanut Butter Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins recipe.
- These Chocolate-peanut Butter Marbled Biscotti from The Monday Box go great with a cup of coffee, and would also make a tasty homemade gift.
- Strength & Sunshine’s Peanut Butter Espresso Banana Bread is moist, soft, secretly nutritious, gluten-free, and vegan.
- The Peanut Butter & Jelly Ice Cream Sandwiches from Dr. Davinah’s Eats are suitable for those eating low-carb, or keto.
Peanut Butter Fudge & Candy
These peanut butter candies and fudge make a great dinner party dessert (or a secret snack stash!)
- Peanut Butter Buckeyes are a classic candy from Ohio, and Shugary Sweets tells you how to make them.
- These Inside Out Peanut Butter Cups from Served From Scratch are easy to make, and vegan too.
- Sugar & Soul’s Peanut Butter Fudge is soft and creamy, and the perfect balance of sweet and salty.
- The Dark Chocolate and Peanut Butter Caramel Bark from Culinary Jumble is unbelievably simple to make.
- Kitchen Of Youth says to keep some of their Pumpkin Peanut Butter Fudge in your freezer and you’ll always have an awesome healing dessert ready to grab!
- The Peanut Butter Valentine Buck Eyes Candy from Confessions Of A Disneyaholic Mom have a makeover for Valentine’s Day!
- Have your sweets without the guilt, with Low Carb Yum’s Peanut Butter Fudge Recipe, which is low carb, sugar-free, and made with cream cheese.
Peanut Butter Smoothies
I guess not strictly desserts, but I didn’t have enough of these last few recipes for a roundup of their own, so here are some smoothie recipes. And after that, there are some breakfast recipes that use peanut butter. So dessert for breakfast maybe?!
- Wholesome Yum’s Chocolate Peanut Butter Low Carb Smoothie is keto friendly, uses 5 ingredients, and is ready in just 5 minutes.
- The Dairy-free Chocolate Peanut Butter Green Smoothie from Joy, Food, Sunshine is a nutritional powerhouse that tastes like a liquid peanut butter cup.
- Try Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie from Simply Happy Foodie that is cool, sweet, refreshing, and healthy.
- Tina from The Worktop takes an all-time favorite snack and turns it into a grab ‘n go breakfast with this Apple Peanut Butter Smoothie.
- This Chocolate Peanut Butter Smoothie from Natalie’s Happy Health is protein-packed free from added sugar.
Peanut Butter Breakfasts
- These Mini Gluten-Free Peanut Butter & Jelly Waffle Sandwiches from Strength & Sunshine are vegan, fun for kids & adults, healthy and protein-packed.
- Food Meanderings’ PB&J Pancake Breakfast Sandwich is fruit, jam and yogurt filling, sandwiched between two peanut butter pancakes.
- Stacey from Kitchen Of Youth says that her Peanut Butter Banana Oatmeal will make you smile as it warms you from the inside – out! Perfect for cold mornings.
- Project Meal Plan’s Peanut Butter Banana Oatmeal Breakfast Bars are perfect to make ahead, and are a great grab-and-go breakfast or snack.
- The Peanut Butter Chocolate Overnight Oats from Let’s Eat Cake is high in protein, rich in fiber, and gives you your peanut butter chocolate fix!
- Joy, Food, Sunshine’s Peanut Butter Granola is gluten-free, dairy-free, refined sugar free, oil free and vegan!
⬇️ SAVE ME! ⬇️