Do you love peanut butter? Do you love cake? Well, you’re going to love this selection of yummy Peanut Butter Cakes & Pies – the next in my series of Peanut Butter Recipes!
This roundup includes recipes that are Dairy-Free; Gluten-Free; Egg-Free; and Low Carb. There are no-bake cake and pie recipes, as well as ones that you cook in the oven. There are also cupcakes, cheesecakes, mug cakes, and even a popcorn cake – so there are lots of options for everyone!
Save these Peanut Butter Cakes & Pies to Pinterest for later! ⬇️
Yummy Peanut Butter Cakes & Pies
Peanut butter is such versatile ingredient in recipes – it’s not just for making PB&J sandwiches! I put out the call to my blogging tribe and received a whopping 120+ recipes that use peanut butter! They ranged from sauces, dips, energy balls & bites, cookies, bars & brownies, and other sweet treats, through to savory dishes too. Plus of course these peanut butter cakes & pies that I am sharing with you today.
With so many recipes I decided to split the list and make a series of peanut butter recipes for you. Make sure you get the updates so that you don’t miss out! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Always wanting to give you value for your time spent on The Purple Pumpkin Blog, I decided to put the recipes for cakes, cheesecakes, cupcakes, and pies all in the one post, as I didn’t have quite enough of each for their own. This round up has a yummy variety desserts, and includes a bonus recipe from yours truly at the end!
Want to know more about peanut butter? Check out the Wiki page which tells you all about the history, production, and more about this humble nut spread!
This post contains affiliate links. If you clicked the link then made a purchase, a small percentage of the sale price would be paid to me. It doesn’t cost you anything more but it helps keep the lights on over here so that I can create more content for you!
Peanut allergies are very real, and can be very scary too. If you suffer from such an allergy, or know someone who does, then of course these peanut butter cakes and pies won’t be for you. However, many of the recipes I’ve included can substitute the peanut butter for other nut butters (assuming you do not have an allergic reaction to those).
There are many more nut butters on the market these days including: hazelnut, almond, cashew, and macadamia nut butters. I’ve also seen pecan, pistachio and Brazil nut butters (but I’ve not tried out the latter three).
If you know someone with a nut allergy, always check with them what nuts they can have, never assume – it’s always better to be safe, than sorry.
As with all of my roundups, there are ideas from my blog as well as from lots of fab blogs from around the world. I have made all of links to these peanut butter cakes and pies open in a new window so that you don’t lose your place on the list. The list corresponds with the photo above – so that you can get an idea what the finished dish should look like. Enjoy!
- This Frozen Peanut Butter Pie from Blender Babes is a dairy-free, frozen pie with a very unique ingredient! There is also tweaks given to turn this peanut butter pie vegan.
- Bites ‘n’ Pieces No Bake Peanut Butter Pie uses minimal ingredients, and is both dairy-free and egg-free.
- In this low-carb, gluten-free Chocolate Peanut Butter Cake recipe, Lisa from Low Carb Yum, shows us how to make a chocolate cake with peanut butter powder, and top it off with a sugar-free frosting.
- This recipe for a Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Pie starts with a base of chocolate chip cookies, which then gets filled with a yummy peanut butter filling – it’s also gluten-free.
- Powered By Mom’s Peanut Butter Chocolate Mug Cake is perfect when you want a fast chocolate/peanut butter treat – you cook this cake in the microwave!
- This No Bake Peanut Butter Pie from Simply Happy Foodie uses only five ingredients and a great recipe for when you want an easy to make dessert.
- Sweet & Savory’s Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Cupcakes are topped with a creamy and luxurious buttercream, and finished with a peanut butter cup… I’m drooling!
- Made with cream, butter, and cream cheese, this White Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheesecake from Joy Filled Eats is perfect for special occasions. A little slice goes a long way thanks to the decadent ingredients.
- The kids would have fun making this Peanut Butter Popcorn Cake from Glitter On A Dime which uses just a few ingredients.
- The bases of these No Bake Mini Peanut Butter Cheesecakes is a simply cookie, and the rest is… well, you have to head over to Mom Needs Chocolate for the recipe!
- If you’re looking for a No Bake Peanut Butter Pie without cream cheese, Let’s Eat Cake has got you covered with this delicious recipe.
- Tracy from Culinary Jumble’s Chocolate Silk Pie With a Peanut Butter Granola Topping benefits from being both yummy, and gluten-free.
- While this Chocolate Cheesecake With a Peanut Butter Cake Crust and Salted Peanut Dulce De Leche Topping from Culinary Jumble might be a mouthful to say, but it looks so, so good!
- This Creamy Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Pie from An Italian In My Kitchen is made with an Italian Chocolate Pie Crust (pasta frolla), and the filling uses mascarpone.
- Powered By Mom’s No Bake Peanut Butter Chocolate Cheesecake is served in a mason jar, which in my mind, makes it completely and utterly portable, so perfect for a picnic!
I really don’t like it when I don’t have a recipe to add to one of my round ups, however, I do have a recipe for a Chocolate & Peanut Ice-Cream Cake that I made for my son, brother, and sister’s birthday (they share birthdays very close together, so we often celebrate them all at the same time!)
It doesn’t contain peanut butter, but it does contain peanuts, so I’ve decided to put this here. And I guess technically, you could add peanut butter if you wanted to – like maybe giving the brownie layer a spread of crunchy peanut butter instead of peanuts, and then top with caramel… then ice-cream… then chocolate sauce…*drools* OR, you could use peanut butter ice cream, or a peanut butter sauce. Or if you’re feeling in the baking mood, make some peanut butter brownies – it’s all good!
It is so easy to put together, requires zero baking (unless you bake your own brownies for the cake, but I just bought some ready made from the supermarket), and looks scrummy – don’t you agree?
Want more cakes and pie recipes? Check out these boards on Pinterest:
Share these yummy peanut butter cakes & pies with your friends on Facebook!
Save this post to Pinterest for later!