There is no denying that peanut butter is awesome, but put it into cookies and that is a match made in heaven! Here are 19 of the Best Peanut Butter Cookie Recipes that are not only perfect for celebrating National Peanut Butter Day (January 24), but are also part of my series of Peanut Butter Recipes. So if you love peanut butter, you’re going to love these recipes!
This roundup includes Low Carb; Keto; Paleo, Grain-Free; Dairy-Free; Sugar-Free, Vegan; Flourless; and No-Bake peanut butter cookies, as well as recipes that include oatmeal, chocolate, toffee, and even bacon!
Save these Peanut Butter Cookie Recipes to Pinterest for later! ⬇️
Peanut Butter Cookie Recipes
Peanut butter is a widely beloved food, which many of us will have spread across a slice of bread or toast, and topped with a helping of jelly or jam.
I love the salty/sweet combo of a PB&J – I’ve even gone whole hog and added some chocolate hazelnut spread to the mix – yum-my! Who am I kidding with that description?! It’s Nutella. Nutella PB&J are amazing!
Peanut butter is also more versatile ingredient in recipes than you might realise – it’s not just for making sandwiches. I put out the call to my blogging tribe and received a whopping 120+ recipes that use peanut butter! They ranged from sauces and dips, through bars and cakes, and of course these peanut butter cookie recipes that I am sharing with you today. There were also a lot of savory recipes too.
With so many recipes I thought it would be better to split the list and categorize them for you, starting with these peanut butter cookie recipes.
Peanut allergies are very real, and can be very scary too. If you suffer from such an allergy, or know someone who does, then of course these peanut butter cookie recipes won’t be for you. However, many of the recipes I’ve included can substitute the peanut butter for other nut butters (assuming you do not have an allergic reaction to those).
There are many more nut butters on the market these days including: hazelnut, almond, cashew, and macadamia nut butters. I’ve also seen pecan, pistachio and brazil nut butters (but I’ve not tried out the latter three).
If you know someone with a nut allergy, always check with them what nuts they can have, never assume – it’s always better to be safe, than sorry.
This post contains affiliate links. If you clicked the link then made a purchase, a small percentage of the sale price would be paid to me. It doesn’t cost you anything more but it helps keep the lights on over here so that I can create more content for you!
As with all of my roundups, there are ideas from my blog as well as from lots of fab blogs from around the world. I have made all of links to these Peanut Butter Cookie Recipes open in a new window so that you don’t lose your place on the list. The list corresponds with the photo above – so that you can get an idea what the finished recipes should look like. Enjoy!
Want to know more about peanut butter? Check out the Wiki page which tells you all about the history, production, and more about this humble nut spread!
- These Flourless S’mores Peanut Butter Cookies from The Monday Box are gluten-free, and vegan, and as they don’t contain flour, are also great for Passover.
- Grain-Free Peanut Butter Cookies from Kitchen Of Youth contain just four ingredients, and suitable for those following a Paleo way of life.
- “Enjoy these Thick Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies with a glass of milk, or a cup of tea or coffee” says Rosemary from An Italian In My Kitchen.
- Delightful Adventures’ Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies are made with oat flour as well as rolled oats, making them gluten-free and vegan.
- These Peanut Butter Cacao Nib Coconut Flour Cookies from Moon And Spoon And Yum are gluten-free, dairy-free, and refined sugar-free, but full of flavour!
- A classic American cookie that Rebecca from Strength & Sunshine has made: 3-Ingredient Old-Fashioned Peanut Butter Cookies benefits from being gluten-free, sugar-free, and vegan.
- Diana Rambles’ Healthier Peanut Butter Cookies uses just four ingredients, and are lower carb and gluten-free too.
- These Toffee Peanut Cookies are simple to make, yet look so fancy topped with chopped peanuts and toffee. – The Monday Box
- There are two recipes here from Wendy at The Monday Box: Peanut Buttery Bars and Cookies, and both look equally delicious!
- These No Bake Recipe Peanut Butter and Chocolate Acorn Cookies from Mission: To Save 52 look ever so delightful!
- These Homemade Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies from Tadpoles & Mud Puddles have a hint of cinnamon in them.
- You can add chocolate chips to Foodie Quine’s Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies if you like (I like!).
- The ultimate in sweet and salty from Tammilee Tips: Bacon Peanut Butter Cookies
- These No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Sandwich Cookies from Kelly at 3 Boys & A Dog are easy to make, and would be a great homemade gift too.
- These Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Protein Cookies would make a grab-and-go breakfast if you are eating low carb, or keto. Maya from Wholesome Yum won’t tell (and neither will I!).
- How pretty do these No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies from The Monday Box look? They would be perfect for a party, or homemade gift.
- I bet these Chunky Peanut Butter Cookies With M&M’s from Accidental Happy Baker hit the spot. I I think I would try it out with peanut M&M’s too, because they are the best M&M’s! I would say Almond M&M’s, but we can’t buy those in the UK *sad face*.
- The Rising Spoon’s Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies with Dark Chocolate Chips are gluten-free, and dairy-free; and develop a wonderful chewiness the day after baking.
- If you are on Keto, then you need these Keto Peanut Butter Cookies With Almond Flour from Fit To Serve Group in your life. They are low carb, grain-free, and gluten-free.
You may have noticed that there isn’t a peanut butter cookie recipe from The Purple Pumpkin Blog. That is simply because I just do not have one. Something I clearly need to rectify ASAP! However, I do have a peanut butter dip that I made for my son’s Nintendo themed party, way back in 2012!
I called it Diddy Kong’s Peanut Shooter Dip and served it with sugar cookies. So you could spread it onto a cookie and call it a peanut butter cookie recipe right?!
Save this post to Pinterest for later!