Salads do not need to be samey or boring, as this Peach Blackberry Salad proves! Create this pretty and vibrant dish in just 20 minutes combining spinach, arugula, peaches, blackberries, walnuts, and goat’s cheese. Using fresh blackberries in the vinaigrette provides the perfect aesthetic finish to the dish as well as amazing flavors!
I have included affiliate links to useful products and services related to the topic of this post.
This post contains affiliate links, and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Read Full Disclosure Policy
Peach Blackberry Salad
The full ingredients list and instructions are found in the printable recipe card at the end of this post. I highly recommend reading all the way through for any tips or substitute suggestions, to ensure that you have any specialized ingredients and equipment required and that you understand the steps and timings involved.
With summer in full swing, it’s time for me to share another tasty salad!
Using fruit in savory salads might seem a little unusual, but there is something about the sweetness of fruit, against other savory ingredients, which in this salad are spinach, arugula, Feta, and walnuts that is a great flavor combination.
The honey-mustard-based dressing also contains puréed blackberries to tie everything together just perfectly.
Enjoy this salad as a starter or light main course. It would also work well as a side dish for grilled chicken.
Ingredients & Equipment Used In This Recipe
While most ingredients can be bought in grocery stores, for your convenience, any specialized or notable ingredients (and equipment) needed for this recipe have been listed below and linked to Amazon or other stores if available online.
It does not include staple ingredients such as oil, salt, and pepper, as you’re likely to have those in your kitchen already. The complete list of ingredients with measurements is found in the recipe card.
- Fresh Produce – Peaches, Blackberries, Basil, Spinach, Arugula (Rocket)
- Dairy – Goat’s Cheese
- Champagne Vinegar – can be substituted for White Wine Vinegar
- Dijon Mustard
- Honey – try to buy locally produced honey when possible.
Recipes on The Purple Pumpkin Blog use both cup measurements and/or weighted measurements. American cups and kitchen food scales are handy pieces of equipment to have in your kitchen as it means you’ll be able to make all of the different recipes on my blog. I try to give American, imperial, and metric measurements in my recipes. Please note, you can mix cup measurements with weighted measurements, but never mix imperial (pounds, ounces, pints, etc.,) with metric (kilograms, grams, litres, etc.,).
More Recipes Using Peaches
One of the hero ingredients in this dish are peaches, so here are some more recipes using the same:
- Quick & Easy Chicken in Peach Sauce with Rice
- Honey-Glazed Peach Salad with Vinaigrette Dressing
- Ginger Peach Iced Tea Recipe
More Salad Recipes
Looking for more salads to make? Check these recipes out next:
- Iceberg Lettuce Wedge Salad with Bacon & Blue Cheese Dressing
- Strawberry Fennel Salad
- Strawberry Feta Salad with Pecans and a Balsamic Glaze
- For best results, prepare the vinaigrette the day before serving to give the flavors time to fully develop.
How Do I Make Peach Blackberry Salad?
Check out the printable recipe card below with full ingredients and instructions. Any demonstration photos do not print out to save your ink.
- Vinaigrette Ingredients:
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup champagne vinegar
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 3 Tbsp honey, preferably local
- 4-5 large blackberries, rinsed
- 1 Tbsp fresh basil, roughly chopped
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 2 cups baby arugula
- 2 large ripe peaches, sliced
- 1 cup blackberries, washed and patted dry
- ½ cup walnuts, roughly chopped
- 4 oz (100g) goat cheese, crumbled
- Fresh basil sprigs, for garnish
- Add the olive oil, vinegar, Dijon mustard, honey, blackberries, and basil to a food processor container. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and process on high until thoroughly emulsified. Taste and add additional honey, salt, and/or black pepper, if desired. Transfer to an airtight container and store in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Add the spinach and arugula to a large bowl and toss to combine. Transfer to a serving platter and top with sliced peaches, fresh blackberries, walnuts, and goat cheese.
- Garnish with sprigs of fresh basil and drizzle some of the blackberry-basil vinaigrette on top.
- Serve immediately with the remaining vinaigrette on the side. Enjoy!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 527Total Fat: 44gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 33gCholesterol: 13mgSodium: 328mgCarbohydrates: 29gFiber: 5gSugar: 24gProtein: 9g
This site uses Nutritionix to provide estimated nutrition. Nutritional information is always approximate and will depend on the quality of ingredients used and serving sizes. If you need exact calories and macros, please do your own calculations.
Make It A Full Meal
You’ve made the salad, but what about the rest of the courses?
Here are additional recipes to make a full meal for a dinner party or special occasion:
- Appetizer: How To Make Baba Ganoush (Middle Eastern Eggplant Dip)
- Soup: Instant Pot Creamy Asparagus Soup Recipe
- Main Dish: Grilled Greek Chicken Skewers (Chicken Kebabs for BBQ Season!)
- Side Dish: Roasted Eggplant with Tahini Dressing & Pomegranate
- Beverage: A Delicious Prosecco Cocktail with Blackberry, Elderflower & Basil
- Dessert: Honey-Roasted Figs with Labneh & Pistachios
There are 500+ Recipes on The Purple Pumpkin Blog for you to enjoy – please feel free to check them out too.