The flavors of chicken and peaches blend beautifully together and so this Chicken in Peach Sauce dish, served with rice, is both different and delightful. Made with chicken and savory peach compote and combined with rosemary, garlic, and chili it is super quick and easy.
I have included affiliate links to useful products and services related to the topic of this post.
This post contains affiliate links, and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Read Full Disclosure Policy
Chicken in Peach Sauce
The full ingredients list and instructions are found in the printable recipe card at the end of this post. I highly recommend reading the blog post all the way through so that you don’t miss any tips or substitution suggestions; to ensure that you have all the ingredients and equipment required, and to understand the steps and timings involved.
If you’re looking for a quick and easy meal for summer nights, then consider this tasty chicken in peach sauce (which we served over rice).
It’s a two-part recipe in that you need to make the peach compote (that we featured in our Grilled Chicken Brie Panini) to use when making the dish. But that recipe is easy too – and can be made a few days in advance if desired.
Even if you cooked the peach compote and then went on to make the chicken in peach sauce, dinner would still be on the table in around 45 minutes!
Ingredients & Equipment Used In This Recipe
While most ingredients can be bought in grocery stores, for your convenience, any specialized or notable ingredients (and equipment) needed for this recipe have been listed below and linked to Amazon or other stores if available online.
It does not include staple ingredients such as oil, salt, and pepper, as you’re likely to have those in your kitchen already. The complete list of ingredients with measurements is found in the recipe card.
- Protein – Boneless, Skinless Chicken
- Garlic Powder
- Savory Peach Compote – this is another of our quick and easy recipes. It takes 35 minutes in total to prepare and cook. Allow time for that when making this recipe chicken in peach sauce dish.
- White Sesame Seeds – this is an optional garnish.
Recipes on The Purple Pumpkin Blog use both cup measurements and/or weighted measurements. American cups and kitchen food scales are handy pieces of equipment to have in your kitchen as it means you’ll be able to make all of the different recipes on my blog. I try to give American, imperial, and metric measurements in my recipes. You can mix cup measurements with weighted measurements, but never mix imperial (pounds, ounces, pints, etc.,) with metric (kilograms, grams, litres, etc.,).
More Recipes Using Peaches
One of the hero ingredients in this dish is peaches, so here are some more recipes using the same:
- Honey-Glazed Peach Salad with Vinaigrette Dressing
- Ginger Peach Iced Tea Recipe
- Pumpkin & Peach Puff Pastry Tarts
More Chicken Recipes
Looking for more chicken dishes to make? Check these recipes out next:
- Cast Iron Chicken Provençal with Tomatoes & Olives
- Southwestern Chicken Soup with Black Beans
- Chicken Shawarma with Rainbow Couscous
- Make the peach compote 3-4 days in advance and store in the fridge to make this dish super quick to make!
How Do I Make Chicken in Peach Sauce?
Check out the printable recipe card below with full ingredients and instructions. Any demonstration photos do not print out to save your ink.
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lb (450g) boneless, skinless chicken, cubed
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1¼ cup savory peach compote*
- 3 cups cooked rice of choice
- 2 tsp white sesame seeds (optional)
- Heat olive oil in a large, high-sided skillet over medium heat.
- Add chicken and season with garlic powder, salt, and black pepper. Stir to combine and cook for 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the chicken is browned on all sides.
- Add the savory peach compote to the skillet and stir to combine. Cook for 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the chicken is cooked through and the sauce is warm throughout.
- Remove from heat and serve immediately over cooked rice and topped with some sesame seeds, if desired. Enjoy!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 515Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 101mgSodium: 179mgCarbohydrates: 53gFiber: 11gSugar: 4gProtein: 38g
This site uses Nutritionix to provide estimated nutrition. Nutritional information is always approximate and will depend on the quality of ingredients used and serving sizes. If you need exact calories and macros, please do your own calculations.
Make It A Full Meal
You’ve made the main dish, but what about the rest of the courses?
Here are additional recipes to make a full meal for a dinner party or special occasion:
- Appetizer: Strawberry Caprese Skewers
- Soup: Gluten-Free Gazpacho Recipe with Chickpea “Croutons”
- Salad: Roasted Golden Beet Salad with Goat Cheese
- Beverage: Watermelon Lime Spritzer
- Dessert: Chocolate-Covered Strawberries
There are 500+ Recipes on The Purple Pumpkin Blog for you to enjoy – please feel free to check them out too.