If you’re looking for a delicious, fresh, and modern vegetable recipe and this Roasted Eggplant with Tahini Dressing is an absolute triumph! The humble eggplant is elegantly dressed with a homemade tahini dressing, fresh parsley, and a vibrant spray of pomegranate arils/seeds.
I have included affiliate links to useful products and services related to the topic of this post.
If you purchase via the links I may earn a commission.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Read Full Disclosure Policy
Roasted Eggplant with Tahini Dressing
The full ingredients list and instructions are found in the printable recipe card at the end of this post. I highly recommend reading all the way through for any tips or substitute suggestions, to ensure that you have any specialized ingredients and equipment required and that you understand the steps and timings involved.
We grew eggplants (aubergines) in our garden last summer and even though I’ve always loved this vegetable, I’m currently obsessed with them!
They are actually quite a versatile veggie that can be used in a whole host of different ways, including dips like Baba Ganoush, in salads like my Giant Couscous Salad with Roasted Aubergine, Parsley & Pomegranate, and as a yummy main dish like Stuffed Eggplants.
This roasted eggplant is a simple, yet tasty dish that could be served up as a starter/appetizer before a meal, as a side dish for grilled meat, or as a light vegetarian and vegan lunch option.
Ingredients & Equipment Used In This Recipe
While most ingredients can be bought in grocery stores, for your convenience, any specialized or notable ingredients (and equipment) needed for this recipe have been listed below and linked to Amazon or other stores if available online.
It does not include staple ingredients such as oil, salt, and pepper, as you’re likely to have those in your kitchen already. The complete list of ingredients with measurements is found in the recipe card.
- Fresh Produce – Eggplants (Aubergines), Parsley, Pomegranate, Lemons, Shallot.
- Tahini – a sesame seed paste.
Recipes on The Purple Pumpkin Blog use both cup measurements and/or weighted measurements. American cups and kitchen food scales are handy pieces of equipment to have in your kitchen as it means you’ll be able to make all of the different recipes on my blog. I try to give American, imperial, and metric measurements in my recipes. Please note, you can mix cup measurements with weighted measurements, but never mix imperial (pounds, ounces, pints, etc.,) with metric (kilograms, grams, litres, etc.,).
More Recipes Using Tahini
One of the hero ingredients in this dish is tahini, so here are some more recipes using the same:
- Chickpea + Cucumber Salad with Tahini Dressing
- Tachinosalata – Sesame Dip
- Fig and Roasted Fennel Salad with Lemon Tahini Dressing
More Vegetarian Recipes
Looking for more vegetarian dishes to make? Check these recipes out next:
- Instant Pot Cuban Black Beans and Rice
- Black Bean Lettuce Wraps
- Giant Couscous Salad with Roasted Aubergine, Parsley & Pomegranate
How Do I Make Roasted Eggplant with Tahini Dressing?
Check out the printable recipe card below with full ingredients and instructions. Any demonstration photos do not print out to save your ink.
- 2 large Italian eggplants, cut into ¼” slices, lengthwise
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 Tbsp pomegranate arils, for garnish
For the Tahini Dressing
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- ¼ cups tahini
- 3 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 small shallot, minced
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste*
- Arrange sliced eggplant slices on two large, rimmed baking sheets lined with parchment paper or nonstick baking mats without overcrowding. Generously season both sides with salt and set aside for 45 minutes to one hour.
- Meanwhile, prepare the tahini dressing by placing all of the ingredients together in a glass jar with a tight-fitting lid. *Go light on added salt for the dressing because the eggplant will hold onto some of the salt from Step 1 above. Cover and shake vigorously to combine. Set aside.
- When the eggplant is almost ready, space the oven racks evenly apart (dividing the oven into thirds) and pre-heat oven to 220°C/425°F/Gas 7.
- Thoroughly rinse eggplant under running water to remove excess salt. Transfer the eggplant to a plate lined with paper towels and pat each slice thoroughly until completely dry. Transfer the dry eggplant slices to the prepared baking sheets and brush the exposed surface with the olive oil.
- Place the baking sheets in the oven and roast for 25-30 minutes, or just until the eggplant is golden brown. Cook time may vary, so check after 20 minutes and adjust final cook time accordingly. Do not overcook.
- Remove from oven and transfer the roasted eggplant slices onto individual serving plates. Spoon some tahini dressing on top.
- Sprinkle with with some fresh parsley.
- Finish off with pomegranate arils before serving. Enjoy!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 373Total Fat: 26gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 21gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 231mgCarbohydrates: 37gFiber: 10gSugar: 13gProtein: 6g
This site uses Nutritionix to provide estimated nutrition. Nutritional information is always approximate and will depend on the quality of ingredients used and serving sizes. If you need exact calories and macros, please do your own calculations.
Make It A Full Meal
This dish could be enjoyed as a light main course, a side dish, or even a starter.
Here are additional recipes to make a full meal for a dinner party or special occasion:
- Appetizer: Whipped Feta & Watermelon Bites
- Soup: Gluten-Free Gazpacho Recipe with Chickpea “Croutons”
- Salad: Mediterranean Quinoa Salad with Feta & Olives
- Main Dish: Georgian Ajapsandali – An Aubergine Stew with Pepper, Tomato and Bulgur
- Side Dish: How to Cook the Most Amazing Oven Roasted Artichokes
- Beverage: Watermelon Lime Spritzer
- Dessert: Mini Berry Pavlovas
There are 500+ Recipes on The Purple Pumpkin Blog for you to enjoy – please feel free to check them out too.