These Cucumber Feta Watermelon Skewers drizzled with balsamic vinegar are the perfect Summer party food! This easy Summer party appetizer is easy and quick to make and it hits all of the major appetizer requirements – delicious, fresh, sweet, and salty!
I have included affiliate links to useful products and services related to the topic of this post.
If you purchase via the links I may earn a commission.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Read Full Disclosure Policy
Cucumber Feta Watermelon Skewers
The full ingredients list and instructions are found in the printable recipe card at the end of this post. I highly recommend reading the blog post all the way through so that you don’t miss any tips or substitution suggestions and to ensure that you have all the ingredients and equipment required as well as understand the steps and timings involved.
I don’t know what it is about food on sticks that makes food awesome, but somehow it does! I love assembling and serving party food on sticks or skewers as they’re so easy to just grab and go.
These cucumber feta watermelon skewers are a yummy bite-size appetizer to serve with summer cocktails and are so easy to make.
The name of the recipe gives it all away – you just need cubes of watermelon, cucumber, and Feta to make these light bites, as well as balsamic vinegar to make a glaze to drizzle over. You could add a mint leaf to make the watermelon skewers a little bit fancy if you like!
The recipe makes 25 skewers, but it’s so easy to scale up or down. The balsamic glaze can be made in advance and store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
With summer in full swing, there is just something about enjoying dishes with ingredients fresh from your garden or local market, which makes the whole dining experience better. These colorful skewers of goodness also bring a fun burst of color to your table.
More Recipes Using Feta
Since one of the main ingredients in this recipe is Feta, here are some more recipes using the same:
More Party Appetizer Recipes
Need to make some more party appetizers? Take a look at these recipes next:
- Feta Cucumber Cups Appetizer
- Black Bean Salsa Cups Appetizer
- Cheese-Stuffed Taco Meatballs Party Appetizer
How Do I Make Cucumber Feta Watermelon Skewers?
Just check out the recipe card below with full ingredients, instructions, and demonstration photos. You can print the card out too (don’t worry, the pics don’t print to save your ink!).
- ⅓ cup Balsamic vinegar
- 8oz / 225g block feta cheese
- Fresh mint leaves, optional
- 25 toothpicks
- To make the balsamic glaze, place the vinegar in a small pot over low heat. Cook for 5-8 minutes, swirling around every now and then.*
- When you see it begin to look like a syrup and the liquid has reduced, shut off the heat - it will thicken upon standing.
- Cut the feta into cubes. Since it is basically a large square, you can cut it into 5 rows of 5 cubes to get 25.
- Cut watermelon into cubes about the same size.
- Cut the cucumber into cubes, about the same size. This can be a little tricky due to the shape of the cucumber. Try to cut lengthwise first down the middle, taking both sides off, then cut cubes.
- To assemble the skewers place a cucumber cube down first, place a Feta cube on top, and finally a cube of watermelon. (You can always change the order of how you put them together.)
- Gently push a toothpick through the middle to secure all the pieces together.
- If using mint, push a mint leaf down over the toothpick onto the watermelon. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Drizzle with balsamic glaze right before serving. (If the reduction has gotten too thick, put it on the stove again over low heat for a few seconds to thin out a bit. You can also add a small amount of water to help the process).
*Making a large batch of balsamic reduction can take up to 30 minutes, however, because such a small amount is used it will not take that long.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 25 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 32Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 8mgSodium: 84mgCarbohydrates: 2gFiber: 0gSugar: 2gProtein: 1g
This site uses Nutritionix to provide estimated nutrition. Nutritional information is always approximate and will depend on the quality of ingredients used and serving sizes. If you need exact calories and macros, please do your own calculations.
Make It A Summer Meal!
You could serve these cucumber feta watermelon bites as a starter at a dinner party, so here are additional recipes to make a full meal!
- Main Dish: Kleftiko – Greek Slow Cooked Lamb + Potatoes
- Side Salad: Cypriot Village Salad
- Beverage: Watermelon Lime Spritzer
- Dessert: Quick & Easy Berry & Lemon Cheesecake Cookies
There are 500+ Recipes on The Purple Pumpkin Blog for you to enjoy – please feel free to check them out too!