A simple, yet delectable dish, this Lemon Garlic Shrimp and Asparagus recipe takes just 30-minutes to prepare but is packed full of flavor. Ideal as a light lunch or a side for a BBQ all you need is asparagus, shrimp, butter, garlic, and lemons!
I have included affiliate links to useful products and services related to the topic of this post.
If you purchase via the links I may earn a commission.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Read Full Disclosure Policy
Lemon Garlic Shrimp
The full ingredients list and instructions are found in the printable recipe card at the end of this post. I highly recommend reading all the way through for any tips or substitute suggestions, to ensure that you have any specialized ingredients and equipment required and that you understand the steps and timings involved.
I’ve got a new sheet pan dinner idea for you with this recipe for lemon garlic shrimp and asparagus.
I know you’re busy and sometimes cooking isn’t at the top of your list, but this recipe is so easy and delicious that it will become one of your favorites.
Now that we’re in summer mode with warmer weather rolling around, we’re thinking about lighter meals that don’t take too long to cook up. This dish is perfect for those occasions when you want something fresh and quick – the sheet pan shrimp and asparagus are ready to enjoy in 30 minutes! And the clean-up is minimal too, so what are you waiting for?!
Ingredients & Equipment Used In This Recipe
While most ingredients can be bought in grocery stores, for your convenience, any specialized or notable ingredients (and equipment) needed for this recipe have been listed below and linked to Amazon or other stores if available online.
It does not include staple ingredients such as oil, salt, and pepper, as you’re likely to have those in your kitchen already. The complete list of ingredients with measurements is found in the recipe card.
- Protein – Shrimp
- Fresh Produce – Asparagus, Garlic, Lemons, Parsley
- Dairy – Unsalted Butter
- Ground Chipotle Powder – if you can’t source this, you can use regular chili powder instead to your heat preference
Recipes on The Purple Pumpkin Blog use both cup measurements and/or weighted measurements. American cups and kitchen food scales are handy pieces of equipment to have in your kitchen as it means you’ll be able to make all of the different recipes on my blog. I try to give American, imperial, and metric measurements in my recipes. Please note, you can mix cup measurements with weighted measurements, but never mix imperial (pounds, ounces, pints, etc.,) with metric (kilograms, grams, litres, etc.,).
More Recipes Using Shrimp
One of the hero ingredients in this dish is shrimp, so here are some more recipes using the same:
- Italian-American Shrimp Oreganata Recipe with Cannellini Beans
- Roasted Shrimp & Broccoli Penne Pasta
- Shrimp Fajita Bowls with Cilantro-Lime Rice
More Sheet PanRecipes
Looking for more dishes to cook on a sheet pan? Check these recipes out next:
- Sheet Pan Steak Dinner: Garlic Parmesan Steak with Asparagus
- Sheet Pan Chicken Breasts & Summer Vegetables
- Sheet Pan Roasted Rosemary Lemon Chicken Recipe
How Do I Make Lemon Garlic Shrimp?
Check out the printable recipe card below with full ingredients and instructions. Any demonstration photos do not print out to save your ink.
- 1 lb (450g) fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1 lb (450g). wild-caught Gulf shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 3-4 cloves garlic, finely minced
- ¼ tsp ground chipotle powder
- 2 large lemons
- 3 Tbsp fresh parsley, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas 6. Line a large, rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or a nonstick baking mat.
- Add the trimmed asparagus to the baking sheet and sprinkle with olive oil. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and toss until the asparagus is evenly coated. Spread the asparagus into a single layer without overcrowding.
- Place the baking sheet in the center of the preheated oven and roast for 12-14 minutes.
- While the asparagus is roasting, add the peeled shrimp, melted butter, garlic, and chipotle powder to a large bowl. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and toss to combine. Set aside.
- Cut one of the lemons into 8 wedges and the other into thin slices. Set aside.
- Remove the asparagus from the oven and let cool slightly before adding the seasoned shrimp to the baking sheet. Carefully arrange the shrimp and asparagus into a single layer without overcrowding. Season with salt and black pepper, if desired, and squeeze two of the lemon wedges over the top.
- Arrange the lemon slices on top before returning the baking sheet to the oven. Roast for another 5 minutes, or until the shrimp is opaque and the asparagus is crisp-tender and golden brown.
- Remove from oven and cool slightly. To serve, transfer the shrimp and asparagus to a platter and pour the juices from the baking sheet on top. Sprinkle with some fresh parsley and offer the remaining lemon wedges on the side for squeezing. Enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 259Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 255mgSodium: 1172mgCarbohydrates: 12gFiber: 4gSugar: 3gProtein: 29g
This site uses Nutritionix to provide estimated nutrition. Nutritional information is always approximate and will depend on the quality of ingredients used and serving sizes. If you need exact calories and macros, please do your own calculations.
Make It A Full Meal
You’ve made the main dish, but what about the rest of the courses?
Here are additional recipes to make a full meal for a dinner party or special occasion:
- Appetizer: Cucumber Smoked Salmon Appetizers Ready in Just 20 Minutes!
- Soup: Instant Pot Garden Vegetable Soup for Spring & Summer
- Salad: Roasted Golden Beet Salad with Goat Cheese
- Side Dish: Greek-Style Lemon Potatoes
- Beverage: Refreshing Blackberry Iced Tea
- Dessert: Fresh Summer Fruit Salad with Honey-Yogurt Dip
There are 500+ Recipes on The Purple Pumpkin Blog for you to enjoy – please feel free to check them out too.