Experience the balance of fiery spice and sweet refreshment with this recipe for Jalapeño Cantaloupe Margaritas.
This spicy cocktail is made with jalapeño tequila, luscious cantaloupe agua fresca, and a touch of Grand Marnier, creating a captivating fusion that will awaken your taste buds in every sip!
Don’t have time for this cocktail recipe now? Tap the share icon in the bottom right of the screen, then tap the heart icon ♥ to save it for later!
We have included affiliate links to valuable products and services related to the topic of this post.
This post contains affiliate links, and we will be compensated if you purchase after clicking on those links.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
The full ingredients list and instructions are found in the printable recipe card at the end of this post. I highly recommend reading the blog post all the way through so that you don’t miss any tips or substitution suggestions and ensure that you have all the ingredients and equipment required and understand the steps and timings involved.
Jalapeño Cantaloupe Margaritas
If you’re looking for the perfect summer cocktail that packs a flavorful punch, look no further than Jalapeño Cantaloupe Margaritas!
This twist on the classic margarita combines sweet cantaloupe and spicy jalapeño to create a unique flavor combo with a lot of kick.
Unique Margarita Recipes are always great to serve when entertaining, so whether it’s an outdoor barbecue party or an intimate gathering of friends, these spicy margaritas are sure to impress!
Ingredients For Jalapeño Cantaloupe Margaritas
For your convenience, I’ve linked any specialized ingredients needed for this recipe to Amazon below.
- Tequila – you can use silver or gold tequila in this cocktail.
- Danos Pineapple & Jalapeno Tequila – sadly not available in the UK as far as I can tell, however, you could experiment by mixing a pineapple tequila with a chili tequila to use in the shots.
- Grand Marnier – a French liqueur made with cognac, bitter orange, and sugar.
- Cantaloupe Agua Fresca Mix – if you can’t find this, you can use melon juice, or make your own agua fresca with blended cantaloupe, water, and sugar.
- Jalapeño Margarita Mix – if you can’t find this, use regular margarita mix instead.
- Simple Syrup – you can buy this ready-made, but it is very easy to make yourself. To make simple syrup, place equal measures of sugar and water in a pan and stir over medium heat. By the time it starts to simmer, the sugar is dissolved, and that’s it. Or why not make a batch of Jalapeño Simple Syrup from our friends at A Grill For All Seasons to add some sweet spice to your cocktail!
- Tajin Seasoning – a chili, lime, and sea salt mixture which we used to rim the glass in this cocktail. It is often sprinkled on fresh fruits and vegetables to add a zingy kick. You could also use salt or sugar for the glass rim.
- Fruit Garnish – Cantaloupe Wedges, Lime Slices
This cocktail is shaken, but don’t worry if you don’t have a cocktail shaker, you could just use a container with a tight-fitting lid – like a mason jar or even the cup on a blender or smoothie maker.
No time to read now? Tap the buttons below to save the cocktail to your Pinterest boards or Facebook page for later!
More Margaritas To Make
If you enjoy drinking margaritas, I think you’re going to love making these ones:
- Spicy Blackberry Margaritas with Grand Marnier & Crème de Mûre
- Hawaiian Margarita Cocktail
- Lavender Margarita Purple Cocktail for Halloween!
- Layered Tropical Margarita with 3 Tequilas – Almond, Tangerine & Mango
- Christmas Margaritas | A Festive Twist On Classic Margaritas!
Cocktail Party Appetizers
If you want to serve some appetizers with your drinks, check out these recipes:
- Loaded Sheet Pan Nachos with Pico de Gallo for Feeding A Crowd!
- Hot Cajun Shrimp Dip
- Instant Pot Asian-Style Sticky Ribs Recipe
- Bacon-Wrapped Jalapeño Poppers Recipe For A Crowd
- Crispy Zucchini Fries with Marinara Sauce – Gluten-Free Appetizer
Jalapeño Cantaloupe Margarita Variations
Here are some variations of the original cocktail recipe that you might like to try out.
Virgin Jalapeño Cantaloupe Margarita Mocktail (Non-Alcoholic)
So that non-drinkers can enjoy a spicy melon margarita we simply remove the alcohol and replace it!
In a cocktail shaker, shake together:
- 2 oz lime syrup
- 1 oz orange juice
- 6 oz Cantaloupe Agua Fresca mix, made as directed
- 2 oz Jalapeño Margarita Mix
I recommend adding the syrups to your taste as they may add a sweetness that you may not necessarily get from alcoholic liqueurs.
Jalapeño Cantaloupe Margarita Mocktails (Non-Alcoholic Spirits)
For adults who would still like to enjoy the taste of alcohol in their mocktail, you could try non-alcoholic alternatives.
In the UK, try Lyre’s, which is also available on Amazon in the UK and Amazon.com.
Other brands include Strykk (UK), and Ritual (US & Canada). Non-alcoholic spirits are a growing trend, so be on the lookout in your local stores and online.
- Instead of Tequila, use Lyre’s Agave Blanco Spirit
- Instead of Jalapeño Tequila, use more Tequila or Margarita Mix
- Instead of Grand Marnier, use Lyre’s Orange Sec
Follow the recipe card using the non-alcoholic alternatives listed above instead of the alcoholic ones.
Frozen Jalapeño Cantaloupe Margaritas
Want to turn this spicy margarita into a frozen slushie? Here’s how!
Put all the ingredients in a blender with a generous amount of ice – then blend till smooth.
Serve with a straw, and watch out for brain freeze!
You could do the same with the mocktail version too.
Big Batch Jalapeño Cantaloupe Margaritas
Want to make a big batch of this cantaloupe cocktail for a party or gathering? It’s so easy!
As long as you use the same measuring container (glass, cup, jug, etc.,) for the “1 part”, the ratios will be correct and you can make as much as you need to.
To make a big batch of spicy cantaloupe margaritas, mix together:
- 2 parts Tequila
- 2 parts Jalapeño Tequila
- 1 part Grand Marnier
- 4 parts Cantaloupe Agua Fresca mix, made as directed
- 2 parts Jalapeno Margarita Mix
Make sure to add plenty of ice to your serving container of choice to keep the cocktail chilled.
You could also skewer cubes of cantaloupe, jalapeño slices, and lime slices onto cocktail picks for guests to garnish their drinks.
Additionally, you could pre-rim glasses with Tajin, or provide a glass-rimming kit for a DIY option.
When setting up your bar or cocktail serving area, you could include:
- Ice Bucket (filled with ice!)
- Margarita Glasses
- Cocktail Napkins
- Cocktail Stirrers
- Cocktail Sticks
- Cocktail Party Decorations
This cocktail recipe is intended for adults of the legal drinking age in your country of residence.
Please drink responsibly. Do not drink and drive.
How Do I Make Jalapeño Cantaloupe Margaritas?
You’ll find the printable cocktail recipe below. To save ink, any demonstration photos on the recipe card do not print.
For Glass Rim
- Simple syrup
- Tajin seasoning
- 2 oz Tequila
- 2 oz Jalapeño Tequila
- 1 oz Grand Marnier
- 4 oz Cantaloupe Agua Fresca mix, made as directed
- 4 oz Jalapeño Margarita Mix
- Cantaloupe Wedges
- Lime Slices
- Jalapeño SLices
- Pour some simple syrup onto a plate, and pour some Tajin seasoning onto another plate.
- Dip your glasses into the simple syrup and then into the Tajin seasoning. Set glasses aside.
- Place Tequila, Jalapeño Tequila, Grand Marnier, cantaloupe agua fresca, and jalapeño margarita mix into a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Shake well for 15-30 seconds to combine.
- Pour into ice-filled glasses, and garnish as desired with a cantaloupe wedge, a slice of lime, and/or jalapeño slices. Enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Bar Jigger Set for Cocktails
- VonShef Parisian Cocktail Shaker Barware Set
- Tajin Clásico Chile Lime Seasoning
- 3-Tier Bar Glass Rimmer for Margaritas
- rokz Lime Margarita Salt Rimmerz, 4 ounce
- Stemless Margarita Glasses
- 4 Piece Margarita Glass Set
- Margaritaville Tahiti Frozen Concoction Maker
- 64-Ounce Margarita & Slush Maker
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 611Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 432mgCarbohydrates: 126gFiber: 7gSugar: 119gProtein: 4g
This site uses Nutritionix to provide estimated nutrition. Nutritional information is always approximate and will depend on the quality of ingredients used and serving sizes. If you need exact calories and macros, please do your own calculations.
Dinner Party Menu Suggestions!
The beverage is covered, but what about the rest of the courses?
Here are additional recipes to create a menu for a dinner party or special meal:
- Appetizer: Flavorsome Roasted Red Pepper Hummus Dip For Summer Gatherings
- Soup: Chilled Cucumber Avocado Soup Recipe
- Salad: Peach Blackberry Salad with Blackberry-Basil Vinaigrette
- Main Dish: Flavorful Grilled Herb-Rubbed Pork Chops for Al Fresco Dining!
- Side Dish: Grilled Summer Vegetables with Herb Butter
- Dessert: Lemon Blueberry Bundt Cake Recipe
There are 500+ Recipes on The Purple Pumpkin Blog for you to enjoy! Please feel free to check them out too.