An ideal addition to your Mardi Gras party spread or for adult game nights, this Hot Cajun Shrimp Dip is spicy and delicious! Combine shrimp, cream cheese, and Cajun seasoning and it’s ready in just 20 minutes!
We have included affiliate links to valuable products and services related to the topic of this post.
This post contains affiliate links, and we will be compensated if you purchase after clicking on those links.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Hot Cajun Shrimp Dip
The full ingredients list and instructions are found in the printable recipe card at the end of this post. I highly recommend reading the blog post all the way through so that you don’t miss any tips or substitution suggestions, to ensure that you have all the ingredients and equipment required and understand the steps and timings involved.
Beads, masks, and king cake – it can only mean one thing: Mardi Gras is on its way and it is the perfect opportunity to break out some delicious Louisiana-inspired recipes!
If you’re looking for a delicious and easy-to-make party dish, look no further than this hot Cajun shrimp dip. It’s perfect for game nights, potluck parties, or just snacking on while watching TV.
It’s easy to make and always a hit with guests. Give it a try this Fat Tuesday!
Ingredients & Equipment Used In This Recipe
While most ingredients can be bought in grocery stores, for your convenience, any specialized or notable ingredients and equipment needed for this recipe have been linked to Amazon or other stores if available online.
It may not include staple ingredients such as oil, salt, sugar, etc., as you’re likely to have those in your kitchen. The complete list of ingredients with measurements is found in the recipe card.
- Fresh Produce – Green Bell Pepper, Green Onion (Scallion/Spring Onion)
- Protein – Salad Shrimp (Small Coldwater Prawns)
- Dairy – Cream Cheese, Sour Cream, Parmesan
- Slap Ya Mama Cajun Seasoning – or any other brand of Cajun Seasoning. Or you could make your own by mixing together 2 Tbsps each of paprika, garlic powder, and oregano; 1 Tbsp each of salt and onion powder; and 2 teaspoons each of freshly ground black pepper and cayenne. Store in an airtight container and use in recipes as required.
- Louisiana Hot Sauce
Recipes on The Purple Pumpkin Blog use both cup measurements and/or weighted measurements. American cups and kitchen food scales are handy pieces of equipment to have in your kitchen as it means you’ll be able to make all of the different recipes on my blog. I try to give American, imperial, and metric measurements in my recipes. Please note, you can mix cup measurements with weighted measurements, but never mix imperial (pounds, ounces, pints, etc.,) with metric (kilograms, grams, litres, etc.,).
More Recipes Using Shrimp
One of the hero ingredients in this dish is shrimp, so here are some more recipes using the same:
- Cornflake + Coconut Shrimp
- Pineapple and Shrimp Stuffed Avocados
- Sheet Pan Lemon Garlic Shrimp and Asparagus
More Dip Recipes
Looking for more dips to make for your gatherings? Check these recipes out next:
- Easy To Make Spicy Roasted Red Pepper and Feta Dip (Htipiti)
- 7 Layer Dip Cups – An Easy Tex-Mex Appetizer for Parties!
- Garden Fresh Tomatillo Salsa Verde – A Delicious Dip for Tortilla Chips!
How Do I Make X?
Check out the printable recipe card below with full ingredients and instructions. Any demonstration photos do not print out to save your ink.
- 1 Tbspolive oil
- 1 small (4-oz/100g) bag salad shrimp (coldwater prawns)
- 1 green bell pepper, deseeded and diced
- 1 (8-oz/225g) package cream cheese
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 cup parmesan
- 1 Tbsp Slap Ya Mama Cajun Seasoning
- 1½ tsps Louisiana hot sauce
- 1 green onion, chopped for ganish
- Crackers, of choice, to serve
- Add olive oil to a pan over medium heat.
- Add the shrimp and bell pepper to the pan and sauté for until tender.
- Add the cream cheese and sour cream to the pan and stir until the cream cheese has melted.
- Add in parmesan and stir well.
- Add Cajun spice and Louisianna hot sauce and mix well to combine.
- Transfer dip to a bowl and garnish with more spice and green onions.
- Serve with crackers of choice and enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 304Total Fat: 24gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 105mgSodium: 1578mgCarbohydrates: 9gFiber: 1gSugar: 3gProtein: 14g
This site uses Nutritionix to provide estimated nutrition. Nutritional information is always approximate and will depend on the quality of ingredients used and serving sizes. If you need exact calories and macros, please do your own calculations.
Make It A Special Dinner!
Maybe you’re throwing a dinner party instead of a gathering.
You’ve made the appetizer, but what about the rest of the courses?
Here are additional recipes to create a menu for a special meal or dinner party:
- Soup: How To Make Gluten-Free French Onion Soup Recipe
- Main Dish: Sheet Pan Lemon Garlic Shrimp and Asparagus
- Side Dish: Instant Pot Cilantro Lime Rice
- Beverage: King Cake Cocktail
- Dessert: Mardi Gras Monkey Bread Recipe – A King Cake Twist!
There are 500+ Recipes on The Purple Pumpkin Blog for you to enjoy – please feel free to check them out too.