Who doesn’t love wings?! And these delicious Instant Pot Sesame Garlic Chicken Wings are packed with flavor. Smother your wings in a homemade sesame and garlic sauce and then sprinkle with some extra seeds for added crunch! They are the perfect party or game day appetizer as they are quick and simple to make and ready to serve in 35 minutes.
We have included affiliate links to valuable products and services related to the topic of this post.
This post contains affiliate links, and we will be compensated if you purchase after clicking on those links.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Sesame Garlic Chicken Wings
The full ingredients list and instructions are found in the printable recipe card at the end of this post. I highly recommend reading the blog post all the way through so that you don’t miss any tips or substitution suggestions, to ensure that you have all the ingredients and equipment required and understand the steps and timings involved.
Wings might just be the perfect game day food. They’re easy to eat, and there’s something about their messy goodness that just gets everyone excited.
If you’re looking for a recipe that’ll take your wings up a notch, try this sesame garlic version.
Nothing beats the convenience of an Instant Pot for quick, easy, and healthier chicken wings.
Once cooked, a quick trip under the broiler is all you need to get that nice crispy finish.
Give them a try—you won’t be disappointed!
If throwing parties are your thing, these Sesame Garlic Chicken Wings are also great to serve at a Hawaiian Luau Party.
Ingredients & Equipment Used In This Recipe
While most ingredients can be bought in grocery stores, for your convenience, any specialized or notable ingredients and equipment needed for this recipe have been linked to Amazon or other stores if available online.
It may not include staple ingredients such as oil, salt, sugar, etc., as you’re likely to have those in your kitchen. The complete list of ingredients with measurements is found in the recipe card.
- Fresh Produce – Ginger
- Protein – Chicken Wings
- Dairy – Unsalted Butter
- White Sesame Seeds
- Sesame Oil
- Honey – try to buy locally produced honey when possible.
- Garlic Powder
- Soy Sauce or Tamari or Coconut Aminos – see below.
- Special Equipment – Instant Pot
Depending on your dietary requirements you may want to use one of the following in this recipe:
- Soy Sauce – the regular stuff made from fermented soybeans and roasted grains.
- Tamari – a gluten-free soy sauce (but always check the label) if this is a concern for you.
- Coconut Aminos – a soy-free, soy sauce made with coconut tree sap and salt, and popular in Paleo, Keto, and Whole 30 communities.
Recipes on The Purple Pumpkin Blog use both cup measurements and/or weighted measurements. American cups and kitchen food scales are handy pieces of equipment to have in your kitchen as it means you’ll be able to make all of the different recipes on my blog. I try to give American, imperial, and metric measurements in my recipes. Please note, you can mix cup measurements with weighted measurements, but never mix imperial (pounds, ounces, pints, etc.,) with metric (kilograms, grams, litres, etc.,).
More Recipes Using Chicken
One of the hero ingredients in this dish is chicken, so here are some more recipes using the same:
- Lemon-Pepper Baked Chicken Wings – An Awesome Game Day Appetizer!
- Char Siu Chicken Wings
- Spicy Chicken Satay Recipe with a Peanut Dipping Sauce
More Appetizer Recipes
Looking for more appetizers to make? Check these recipes out next:
- Garden Fresh Tomatillo Salsa Verde – A Delicious Dip for Tortilla Chips!
- 7 Layer Dip Cups – An Easy Tex-Mex Appetizer for Parties!
- Spicy Sweet Potato Wedges with Herbed Coconut Yogurt Dip
- You can save money by trimming your wings yourself. (See photo for the approximate location of where to cut each whole wing). They are a little easier to trim AFTER they’ve been cooked. Immediately freeze the tips to make chicken stock, if desired.
- This recipe is written for fresh or thawed wings. If using frozen wings, add 3-4 minutes to the active cook time.
How Do I Make Sesame Garlic Chicken Wings?
Check out the printable recipe card below with full ingredients and instructions. Any demonstration photos do not print out to save your ink.
- 4-4½ lbs (1.8-2kg) chicken wings
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1 cup water
- White sesame seeds, for garnish
For the Sesame-Garlic Sauce
- ¼ cup soy sauce or tamari or coconut aminos
- 2 Tbsp sesame oil
- 3 Tbsp honey
- 1 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 tsp fresh ginger, very finely minced
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Season wings with salt and black pepper, to taste. Place metal trivet inside Instant Pot and add one cup of water.
- Arrange seasoned wings on top of the trivet before securing the cover in place. Switch the vent to “Sealing” and set the “Manual” setting to 8 minutes.
- To prepare the sesame garlic sauce, heat the coconut aminos, sesame oil, honey, butter, ginger, and garlic powder in a small saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring frequently, until butter is melted and the mixture is thoroughly combined. Remove from heat and set aside.
- When cook time on Instant Pot is complete, allow pressure to naturally release for 10 minutes, then do a quick release for any remaining steam. Remove lid and transfer wings to a large bowl. Set aside and cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, position the top oven rack in the top position and pre-heat the broiler/grill to high. Line a large, rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil and place a wire cooling rack on top. Set aside.
- Pour 1/3 of the sesame garlic sauce on top of the wings and toss to coat. Transfer the wings to the wire rack on the prepared baking sheet and place them under the broiler for 3-4 minutes or until the wings start to get crispy and develop some color. Turn the wings and repeat on the remaining side.
- Remove from oven and toss the wings with half of the remaining sesame garlic sauce.
- Sprinkle with white sesame seeds and serve immediately with the remaining sauce on the side. Enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 4587Total Fat: 340gSaturated Fat: 120gTrans Fat: 3gUnsaturated Fat: 191gCholesterol: 1120mgSodium: 5673mgCarbohydrates: 147gFiber: 6gSugar: 14gProtein: 231g
This site uses Nutritionix to provide estimated nutrition. Nutritional information is always approximate and will depend on the quality of ingredients used and serving sizes. If you need exact calories and macros, please do your own calculations.
Make It A Special Dinner!
You’ve made the starter/appetizer, but what about the rest of the courses?
Here are additional recipes to create a menu for a special meal or dinner party:
- Soup: One-Pot Easy Beer Cheese Soup Recipe
- Salad: Asian Cabbage Salad with Warm Spicy Peanut Dressing
- Main Dish: Chinese-Style Pulled Pork
- Side Dish: Quick & Easy Shrimp Fried Rice Recipe
- Beverage: Jalapeño Cucumber Vodka Lemonade
- Dessert: Creamy Banana Frozen Yogurt
There are 500+ Recipes on The Purple Pumpkin Blog for you to enjoy – please feel free to check them out too.