I’m a big fan of one pan cooking, and this spiced roasted autumn vegetables dish is a great side to go with a roast.
- 25g Trex
- 1 small butternut squash, peeled, deseeded and cut into chunks
- 450g potatoes, scrubbed and cut into small chunks
- 450g small carrots, trimmed and scrubbed
- 2 medium parsnips, scrubbed and cut into chunks
- 2 courgettes, thickly sliced
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 4 small garlic cloves, left whole
- 1 fresh red chilli, deseeded and thinly sliced
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan oven 180°C/ Gas Mark 6. Put the Trex into a large roasting tin and heat in the oven until melted.
- Add all the vegetables to the roasting tin and toss to mix and coat lightly in the Trex. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper, then add the cumin seeds, garlic and chilli. Roast for 45-50 minutes, turning the vegetables halfway through the cooking time. Check that the vegetables are tender, allowing a few more minutes, if necessary.