Everybody loves Pirates of the Caribbean and now you can harness your inner buccaneer with this fabulous Captain Jack Sparrow Rum Cocktail!
Be sure to grab 3 different kinds of rum, blue curaçao, and pineapple juice and remind any who will listen that “this is the day you will always remember as the day you almost caught Captain Jack Sparrow”!!!
We have included affiliate links to valuable products and services related to the topic of this post.
This post contains affiliate links, and we will be compensated if you purchase after clicking on those links.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Captain Jack Sparrow Rum Cocktail
The full ingredients list and instructions are found in the printable recipe card at the end of this post. I highly recommend reading the blog post all the way through so that you don’t miss any tips or substitution suggestions and ensure that you have all the ingredients and equipment required and understand the steps and timings involved.
If you’re throwing a pirate-themed party, or just watching a Pirates of the Caribbean movie marathon, then you need to make this amazing Captain Jack Sparrow Rum Cocktail.
The cocktail contains three kinds of flavored rum – spiced rum, passion fruit rum, and coconut rum, along with blue curaçao, pineapple juice, and Sprite.
The drink looks like a tropical sandy beach, much like the island that Captain Jack Sparrow found himself abandoned on and where he discovered the massive rum cache!
As with all the cocktail recipes here on The Purple Pumpkin Blog, I’ve got mocktail (non-alcoholic) suggestions, as well as how to make this drink for a crowd. Read on for all the details!
Ingredients Used In This Jack Sparrow Cocktail
For your convenience, I’ve linked any specialized ingredients needed for this recipe to Amazon below.
- Spiced Rum – brands include Captain Morgan’s, Kraken, Dead Man’s Fingers
- Passion Fruit Rum – brands include Rockstar Spirits, Red Leg, Dead Man’s Fingers
- Malibu – a coconut rum
- Blue Curaçao – an orange-flavored, blue liquor
- Pineapple Juice
- Sprite – or other lemon-lime soda
This cocktail is shaken, but don’t worry if you don’t have a cocktail shaker, you could just use a container with a tight-fitting lid – like a mason jar or even the cup on a blender or smoothie maker.
More Rum Cocktails To Make
Want to make more cocktails with rum? I think you’re going to love these ones:
- Fruity Island Escape – A Totally Tropical Rum Cocktail to Make for Summer!
- Cuban Rum and Peach Cocktail – A Delicious Tropical Summer Beverage
- Banana Colada – A Tropical Rum Banana Cocktail for Parties
Cocktail Party Appetizers
If you want to serve some appetizers with your drinks, check out these recipes:
- Loaded Sheet Pan Nachos with Pico de Gallo for Feeding A Crowd!
- Hot Cajun Shrimp Dip For Mardi Gras & Game Nights!
- How To Make A Jalapeño Bacon Cheese Ball Appetizer For Parties
Captain Jack Sparrow Rum Cocktail Variations
I like to try and give variations on the cocktails shared on The Purple Pumpkin Blog, like how to turn the cocktail into a mocktail so that non-drinkers (and kids if suitable) can enjoy the drink too!
Virgin Captain Jack Sparrow Mocktail (Non-Alcoholic)
So that non-drinkers can enjoy a sip of this Captain Jack Sparrow drink we simply remove the alcohol and replace it!
In a cocktail shaker, shake together:
and top up with Sprite or other lemon-lime soda.
This mocktail version won’t be layered like the alcoholic version.
I love the Monin brand of syrups as there are lots of flavors and they are a very versatile ingredient that can be used in cocktails, mocktails, coffee, cocoa, shakes, smoothies, and more.
I haven’t made the mocktail version, so I recommend adding the syrups to taste as they may add a sweetness that you may not necessarily get from alcoholic liqueurs. Adjust the amount of pineapple juice and Sprite to your tastes.
For adults who would still like to enjoy the taste of alcohol in their mocktail, you could try non-alcoholic rum alternatives. In the UK, try Lyre’s, which is also available on Amazon in the UK and Amazon.com. There are other brands, but this one was more widely available.
- Instead of spiced rum use Lyre’s Spice
- Instead of passion fruit rum and Malibu, use the white rum alternative, White Cane
- Instead of Blue Curaçao use Orange Sec with the blue syrup listed above
Simply use the non-alcoholic alternatives instead of the alcoholic ones in the recipe card. You may have to experiment with the quantities to your taste.
Frozen Captain Jack Sparrow
Want to turn this rum cocktail into a frozen slushie? Easy!
Put all the ingredients in a blender with a generous amount of ice – then blend till smooth. You can turn the mocktail into a slushie too.
Serve with a straw, and watch out for brain freeze!
Captain Jack Sparrow Rum Cocktail For a Crowd!
Want to make a big batch of rum cocktails for a party or gathering? It’s so easy!
As long as you use the same measuring container (glass, cup, jug, etc.,) for the “1 part”, the ratios will be correct and you can make as much as you need to.
To make a big batch of Captain Jack Sparrow Rum Cocktail, mix together:
- 2 parts Spiced Rum
- 2 parts Passion Fruit Rum
- 1 part Pineapple Juice
- 1 part Sprite
- 2 parts Malibu
- 1 part Blue Curacao
It won’t be layered like it is shown in the photos, but it all goes down well just the same!
Make sure you add plenty of ice to your serving container of choice to keep the cocktail chilled. And you can add some fruit garnish in there too such as lime slices, pineapple chunks, and maraschino cherries
Or why not skewer the fruit onto cocktail picks for guests to garnish their drink?
When setting up your bar serving area, you could include:
- Ice Bucket (filled with ice!)
- Cocktail Glasses
- Cocktail Napkins
- Cocktail Stirrers
- Pirate Cocktail Picks
- Tropical Cocktail Decorations
This cocktail recipe is intended for adults of the legal drinking age in your country of residence.
Please drink responsibly. Do not drink and drive.
How Do I Make A Captain Jack Sparrow Rum Cocktail?
Check out the printable recipe card below with full ingredients and instructions. Any demonstration photos do not print out to save your ink.
- 2 oz Spiced Rum
- 2 oz Passion Fruit Rum
- 1 oz Pineapple Juice
- 1 oz Sprite
- 2 oz Malibu
- 1 oz Blue Curacao
- Lime Slices
- Maraschino Cherries
- Place the Spiced Rum, Passion Fruit Rum, Pineapple Juice, and Sprite into a cocktail shaker filled with ice, and shake for 15 seconds until well combined.
- Pour into a glass filled with ice to fill it about one-third.
- Place the Malibu and Blue Curaçao into a clean cocktail shaker filled halfway with ice, and shake for 15 seconds until well combined.
- Strain the blue mixture into the glass on top of the pineapple mixture.
- Garnish with lime and cherries if desired. Enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 169Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 12mgCarbohydrates: 15gFiber: 4gSugar: 8gProtein: 1g
This site uses Nutritionix to provide estimated nutrition. Nutritional information is always approximate and will depend on the quality of ingredients used and serving sizes. If you need exact calories and macros, please do your own calculations.
Make It A Party!
The beverage is covered, but what about other dishes to create a full menu for a dinner party or special meal?
- Appetizer: Gluten-Free Baked Avocado Fries with Homemade Garlic Dipping Sauce
- Soup: Vegetarian & Vegan Black Bean and Sweet Potato Soup Recipe
- Salad: This Classic Caprese Salad with Balsamic Glaze is Perfect for Sharing!
- Main Dish: Flavorsome Grilled Chipotle Lime Shrimp Skewers For Tacos & Salads
- Side Dish: Grilled Corn Salad with Cherry Tomatoes – A Perfect Side For Grilled Meats
- Dessert: Scrumptious Chocolate Minnie Mouse Sundae Cupcakes
There are 500+ Recipes on The Purple Pumpkin Blog for you to enjoy! Please feel free to check them out too.